aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Its more the dynamic between the character thats similar, though Castle is more humourous, and deals generally with general crime instead of forensics, well worth watching though.

I tried looking for it last night, with no success, but think thats mainly to do with my internet being rubbish - but might lovefilms it

Been watching Dollhouse on the boxset though and enjoying it

There is one part I just thought WHOAH that was extreme, the second series is quite good so far

Also looking into The Forgotten, looks like it could be quite good

After loving The Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire and Prison Break i needed something new to watch so i bought OZ. The first series was good, definitely made me want to buy the 2nd.

Funnily enough I alwawys found the first series to be the weakest. You've got some good stuff coming. Peter Schiabetta (sp?) is the unluckiest mofo in the world.

I recently got an old mac formatted hard drive working on my windows comp through the ace invention that is MacDrive. It had been just sitting there for ages and I forgot what was on it. To my delight I found tonnes of british comedy that i've since been re-watching.

Joys such as:

Fist of Fun and This morning with Rchard Not Judy (complete collection, Stewart lee and Richard Herring at their funniest. It's aged but it's still hilarious)

Snuff Box (Funny, sureal series with Matt Berry and that less funny american guy from Mighty Boosh)

Rob Brydon's Annually Retentive (so under rated, a shame it hasn't got a 3rd season)

Man to Man with Dean Learner (Richrd Ayoade (sp?) and Matthew Holness doing what they do best, again under rated)

The Thick of It (nuff said)

Time Trumpet (ditto)

Help (Hit or miss series with Paul Whitehouse as various characters)

Adam and Joe complete collection (an absolute treat from beginning to end, including all the 'specials' they did like the anniversary of channel 4)

Posh Nosh (mini series with Richard E Grant being awesome)

A bunch of old Jonathan Ross shows like 'the incredibly strange film show' and a special he did called 'Americana.' He was a great presenter back in the days when he was just a nerdy wannabe.

Vids (late night vhs review show from way back when. Sadly not as good as I remembered it)

Some cracking stuff in there. The yanks may have cornered the TV series mega box set market but when it comes to TV comedy, we're still the best.

I have a confession to make. I just cannot get into The Sopranos, no matter how hard I try.

I have recently watched the first season of True Blood and I'm loving that. Can't wait for the second season to come out on DVD, or to be shown on FX. Whichever comes first. Got Dollhouse a few weeks ago as well and loved that. Caught the first episode of season 2 online and it just looks like it's going to get even better!

I have a confession to make. I just cannot get into The Sopranos, no matter how hard I try.

I have recently watched the first season of True Blood and I'm loving that. Can't wait for the second season to come out on DVD, or to be shown on FX. Whichever comes first. Got Dollhouse a few weeks ago as well and loved that. Caught the first episode of season 2 online and it just looks like it's going to get even better!

Really ?

I watched the 1st ep. of season 2 and haven't bothered with the rest yet.

I couldn't get into Sopranos either, but like you loved True blood (season 2 is a belter)

I'm watching Babylon 5 back to back. I got through The Gathering and seasons 1 and 2 this weekend. The CGI hasn't aged well at all but it's got that EPIC STORY ARC I've been craving since Battlestar Galactica ended and I can see the influences in BSG.

Yes, I know it's a big pile of shit.

I'm watching Babylon 5 back to back. I got through The Gathering and seasons 1 and 2 this weekend. The CGI hasn't aged well at all but it's got that EPIC STORY ARC I've been craving since Battlestar Galactica ended and I can see the influences in BSG.

Bab 5 is ace, I think it the FX still hold up, given they were done on an Amiga or something...it's the at-times excrutiating acting that bothers me sometimes ("Get the Hell out of my galaxy!"), but the story is untouchable...

Bab 5 is ace, I think it the FX still hold up, given they were done on an Amiga or something...it's the at-times excrutiating acting that bothers me sometimes ("Get the Hell out of my galaxy!"), but the story is untouchable...

Yeah, the CGI was done on Amigas/Videotoasters with Lightwave. That was actually what got me into B5 as I read all about it in my AMiga mags at the time. It gets better in later series as they upgraded to renderfarms which could handle more detailed scenes.

I totally agree about the acting. Bruce Boxleitner in particular is a piece of wood and a cheeseball... but when you have ridiculous overblown characters like Londo and G'Kar (who are in constant competition for my sympathies depending on who's fucking the other over the most at any given moment) you don't really notice so much.

The last few weeks I have been mostly watching the new series of Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, True Blood, Flash Forward and just started on Fringe. Liking all these so far but gutted about Dollhouse, especially as Summer Glau had been signed up as well. I really think Joss Wheedon should stop dealing with Fox! Saying that, most interesting and quirky series in the States get canned very quickly due to their Nielson polls system even though generally they go onto do great things globally with epic DVD sales etc. Seemingly Firefly is one of biggest ever selling box sets but that didn't even get a full series on Fox and they showed it out of order and on different nights each week originally!

Elisa Dushku might not have been up to much but the rest of the cast is/was pretty good, especially Sierra and Victor. I'll be sad to see it go but at least they are going to make the full series so there's a chance to give it a proper send off.

There's always Fringe to fall back on for my mythology packed sci-fi fix until Lost returns in the new year.

Other things from Americaville that I've been enjoying lately - How I Met Your Mother, The Office, Community and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. They're all on great form this year.

I've also started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer - borrowed the massive 7 series box set from a friend. When it first came out I only caught odd episodes here and there and not necesarily in the correct order so it's been good to see the proper story unfolding. Nearly at the end of the second series so still a long way to go.

I re-watched last year starting at S3, as I couldn't be much arsed watching the Sinclair years again, not to mention the execrable Jack the Ripper episode. Series 3 is when it starts getting proper ace, get some Super Lemon Haze in (or equivalent) for that one. I always liked the cut-price Bruce Willis that is Garibaldi, and Sheridans cheesmungousnous has to be a postmodern subversion of the action lead character, nonetheless, still ace. Now if they re-imagined to be darker and look like BSG, yet with the same premise, that could be the best thing ever.

On another tip, I'm well looking forward to the forthcoming 2 part BBC adaptation of Martin Amis' 'Money', hands down one of the greatest novels of the 80s. But can Nick Frost hack the lead role? Fuck knows, hope so.

I re-watched last year starting at S3, as I couldn't be much arsed watching the Sinclair years again, not to mention the execrable Jack the Ripper episode. Series 3 is when it starts getting proper ace, get some Super Lemon Haze in (or equivalent) for that one. I always liked the cut-price Bruce Willis that is Garibaldi, and Sheridans cheesmungousnous has to be a postmodern subversion of the action lead character, nonetheless, still ace. Now if they re-imagined to be darker and look like BSG, yet with the same premise, that could be the best thing ever.

Yes, he so is Willis!!! I actually enjoyed the Sinclair season as there's a lot of backstory and he's just a better actor, basically. I'm getting into season 3 right now. It's tough, Marcus enters the fray and he's about as random and annoying as you could possibly make a character. I doubt I'll be able to stomach Legend of The Rangers... Still, there should be some good meaty space battles for me this weekend.