aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I like mornings. I don't need an alarm clock (never slept in for anything), i get straight out of bed and go in the shower. Then i shovel cereal into my mouth all the while grinning like a coked up gibbon. I miss out the tree-climbing, blackbird bothering and grass-rolling because it doesn't seem wholly nescessary. :)

I need an alarm clock, though I usually wake up before it. It's just knowing that if I didn't have one, I probably wouldn't wake up. I don't like to gamble.

I don't believe you, or anybody, likes mornings though. Not a jot.

I like mornings. I don't need an alarm clock (never slept in for anything), i get straight out of bed and go in the shower. Then i shovel cereal into my mouth all the while grinning like a coked up gibbon. I miss out the tree-climbing, blackbird bothering and grass-rolling because it doesn't seem wholly nescessary. :)

Not needing an alarm clock...does that mean you don't have an alarm clock, or just that you would wake up regardless? I definitely wouldn't be comfortable not setting an alarm because even if I did have a perfect body clock there are factors (alcohol being one) that could knock it out of sync.

I need a safety net.

I've brought this up before but if you are in a queue for more than 5 mins, surely you can speed things up by getting your wallet/purse out beofre you get to the till even more so if you're paying by card!

And if it's for food, actually decide what the fuck you want whilst in the queue instead of acting all surprised that you've suddenly found yourself at a food counter and some div at a till wants some kind of order from you, and oh jeez, it's just too hard to decide.

Not needing an alarm clock...does that mean you don't have an alarm clock, or just that you would wake up regardless? I definitely wouldn't be comfortable not setting an alarm because even if I did have a perfect body clock there are factors (alcohol being one) that could knock it out of sync.

I need a safety net.

Up until my girlfriend moved in last November i hadn't had an alarm clock (i don't use it, it's for her as i'm usually well awake before it goes off at 7:15am). I've never been late for school. work, appointments etc. I have an impeccable body clock and wake up around 6:30am every day.

People who moan about not being a 'morning person'

"Urgh, don't ask me a question like that. I'm not a morning person"

Who the fuck is? Who dives out of bed, kicks open the front door to writhe around on the lawn smelling the freshly cut grass? Climbs up a tree, gets a blackbird in a headlock and wails an incoherent tune at the top of their lungs? Runs back inside, sits down at the breakfast bar, shovelling cereal into their mouth; a mouth which can't contain said cereal and allows it all spill down their chin because they are grinning so much, because it's the fucking morning, and they fucking LOVE mornings??

Who the fuck does that? Nobody the fuck does that. Nobody is a morning person. Life's tough, mate. Wise up.

My flatmate does. He gets up at 6.30 on fucking Sundays and goes and takes the dog for a walk in the countryside and washes his car and stuff.

It's all very well getting up early but you end up being knackered later on and missing out on good evening stuff like films on Telly and drinking. Much like it's cool to skip breakfast (as discussed before), it's cool to stay up late and sleep in.

Never had that problem.

Guest Gladstone
Maybe scientists will make this possible by the time I'm 35. So I'm making mega bucks and I have extra time to spend them. Only 15 years away.

I saw a programme years ago that basically said this would happen. It was a programme about narcolipsy (that's the condition when folk just fall asleep all the time isn't it?), but they had a bit of tangent at one bit talking about using drugs to switch off the part of our brain that means we need sleep - temporarily so you could just not go to sleep without any tiredness - and no tiredness after the drug had worn off either.

They were talking about 24 hours awake for days on end etc which would work brilliantly for people in business with deadlines etc to meet and all that bollocks.

I can't remember the ins and outs of it, but the brain produces a certain chemical that keeps us awake, or vice versa, a chemical that makes us go to sleep. Can't remember which way round it is. People with narcolypsy either produce too much or not enough of it, so they counter that with drugs, to control the condition enough so that they can lead normal lives and go to work and all that usual stuff. But, if the drug was developed and used in such a way, it could cut out the need for sleep all together. They basically said that we don't need sleep as such - our brain just "switches off" and makes us go to sleep.

I think it would be pretty dangerous though because you process an awful lot of stuff when you're sleeping and it enhances your ability to learn etc. And, in this country (and others) it would just lead to more demanding employers because they know we've got all this free time. If one competitor started working round the clock, the others would have to follow suit or lose out. That's the business culture we've got just now and it's bad enough as it is.

Plus - sleeping is ace. What would we do without all those weird and wonderful dreams??

They were talking about 24 hours awake for days on end etc which would work brilliantly for people in business with deadlines etc to meet and all that bollocks.

Business? Deadlines? Bollocks? Work?

I don't care about none o' that. I just want to be able to literally rock and roll all night, and party every day.

Guest Gladstone
How would that work for sobering up. If you're awake 24 hours you'd just slowly sober up and become hungover. I don't think that would be an enjoyable process.

Just stay drunk.

I've been up for 48-72 hour binges before, the hangover doesn't arrive until you go to sleep. If you don't sleep the drunkenness just kind of wares away and the hangover isn't really as severe. I assume it's because instead of lying asleep for hours you're still moving around and rehydrating yourself and eating fried food, so probably pretty close to what Soda said.

xx