aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I like lower league football, and football of any level, because football is just fucking great. I'd just rather watch the Champions League final over the Johnstones Paint Trophy, personally.

That 'When Saturday Comes' magazine is all about bashing top flight football, like lower league football should be hailed as some sort of stamp of authenticity. Though I doubt anyone supporting a team in League 2 would turn their back on them if they went on a surge and got into the top flight/Europe in a few years.

I like lower league football, and football of any level, because football is just fucking great. I'd just rather watch the Champions League final over the Johnstones Paint Trophy, personally.

That 'When Saturday Comes' magazine is all about bashing top flight football, like lower league football should be hailed as some sort of stamp of authenticity. Though I doubt anyone supporting a team in League 2 would turn their back on them if they went on a surge and got into the top flight/Europe in a few years.

It's the same with wrestling, all the wrestling purists slate the big companies like WWE for being too kiddy-friendly or media friendly, and bang on about the "amazing" wrestling federations that perform in front of 20 people in a school gym.

lower league football does feel it is away from the corporate shite and ridiculous money associated with the top end of the game mind. I go along to Cambridge United and I can stand and football hasn't changed there much over the 30 years I've been going. It's certainly not 'real' its shit but its my shit!

the royal wedding remains no1 pet hate, the bloody BBC just informed me the whole pantomime is on their website, give us a fucking break!

It's the same with wrestling, all the wrestling purists slate the big companies like WWE for being too kiddy-friendly or media friendly, and bang on about the "amazing" wrestling federations that perform in front of 20 people in a school gym.

There are purists for that? That's awful.

Catching colds. Specifically, what I like to refer to as Stealth Colds.

Woke up yesterday to the familiar stuffy/tickly nose that led to an afternoon and evening of runniness and having to blow my nose every other minute.

I can handle ending up with a cold that results from close proximity to my family or a work colleague as it seems inevitable that it will take hold but as far as I'm aware I was no-where near anyone with a cold recently. Was out for a nice meal on Saturday night then woke up with it.

Fucking Stealth Colds.

• Upvote 1

Top flight football being mentioned in the same breath as "prawn sandwiches", as if lower league football is more 'real', or something.

Guffaw! No bites here, I'm afraid.

Argos home delivery are doing my tits in just now. I can just about handle lateness/unforseen circumstances etc etc but plain lying about what they are doing and when, I can't.... :swearing:

Deciding to get a bike that was for sale, sorting it all out then being told its been sold and not being able to find another one like it available anywhere ffffffuuuuuuucccccccckkkkk

Same happened to me, but with a ludicrously cheap freezer. Even arranged a date to get it picked up with the seller, then arranged transport, as I don't drive. Got a phonecall a couple of hours before pickup saying it was sold.

What a prick.

Guest Gladstone
People who tell you how scary they are when they get angry. Mostly women it has to be said.

"I'm really nice but I can be soooo nasty if you cross me" etc.

yawn. Everyone gets pissed off sometimes, you're not some kind of jekyll and hyde turbo bitch.

In that situation, you should always say:

''Who told you that you're nice??''