aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Things breaking when it would be more handy if they didn't break.

Got roller blinds for the bedroom. And after a day and a half of saying the instructions were wrong I realised there was actually a bit broken. But I threw away the box and stuff. So looks like I'm going to go get super glue soon. Will super glue be strong enough to hold plastic to plastic then take the weight of blinds?

Things breaking when it would be more handy if they didn't break.

Got roller blinds for the bedroom. And after a day and a half of saying the instructions were wrong I realised there was actually a bit broken. But I threw away the box and stuff. So looks like I'm going to go get super glue soon. Will super glue be strong enough to hold plastic to plastic then take the weight of blinds?

The weight will probably be OK unless it's a huge blind, the issue is more likely to be

whether the movement of the blind up or down puts any stress on the glued bit. If so it will probably hold for so long then break again. I don't think I've ever had a roller blind that had a nice smooth movement, they always seem a bit sticky so putting a bit of stress on the plastic side pieces. Probably better in the long run just buying another one rather than suffer ongoing annoyance as it keeps breaking and needing glued again.

The weight will probably be OK unless it's a huge blind, the issue is more likely to be

whether the movement of the blind up or down puts any stress on the glued bit. If so it will probably hold for so long then break again. I don't think I've ever had a roller blind that had a nice smooth movement, they always seem a bit sticky so putting a bit of stress on the plastic side pieces. Probably better in the long run just buying another one rather than suffer ongoing annoyance as it keeps breaking and needing glued again.

Aye I'm thinking that like. Cheers.

Guest B. Arthur
Selling stuff on eBay with the message "UK Only" then getting bombarded with people asking "how much to send the item to Portugal / France / Ukraine?".

Also people winning the auctions who live in fucking Ireland where it costs twice as much to post stuff to.

1000 times this. HOW MUCH 4 POST 2 CHINA? Or worse, people from abroad who bid anyway before messaging you about postage, despite you already having said you wont post it overseas. :down:

People saying they 'Won' something on Ebay.

Winning is when you get a prize, not when you agree to pay more than anyone else is willing to for something.

You -bought- the fucking thing, stop trying to make it sound like a fucking achievement!

xx

I would think winning is an approriate term.

Your prize is what you bought.

In a race. The person who is fastest or puts in more speed wins the prize of a medal.

In an auction the person who is loaded or puts in more money wins what ever they've bought.

I paid 75 in Specsavers all in, and got free prescription sunglasses thrown in. My lenses are straightforward, and the frames are just cheap black plastic ones, but at that price I don't really give a fuck, and if they break I'll just buy another pair the same. Though I've worn these for 2 years with no problems.

I disagree. I've had expensive ones and cheap ones and never noticed a difference. I had metal FCUK frames for a while which were expensive and they bent to fuck and ended up being unwearable. I prefer plastic frames because they don't bend and warp. I'm careless as fuck with my glasses, they're usually just stuffed in a pocket when they're not on my face, so cheap plastic does me fine.

Though I did buy a 20 pair online once, they were fucking shit, they literally fell to bits.

I would think winning is an approriate term.

Your prize is what you bought.

In a race. The person who is fastest or puts in more speed wins the prize of a medal.

In an auction the person who is loaded or puts in more money wins what ever they've bought.

By your logic I could walk into HMV, hand over 40 and 'win' a copy of whichever game takes my fancy.

It's fucking stupid.

xx

Guest B. Arthur
By your logic I could walk into HMV, hand over 40 and 'win' a copy of whichever game takes my fancy.

It's fucking stupid.

xx

When an item ends on eBay, it says that you "won" or, in other cases "did not win" the auction. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

it still says you 'won' your item even if there are 50 available so don't try to come here with your logical fucking arguments and be reasonable.

Ebay is a cunt so it's system is cuntish. Making anyone who plays their game, a cunt.

xx

If you're already a cunt and you use ebay, does it cancel itself out or do you become a double cunt?

Guest B. Arthur

If it's a Buy It Now, it'll merely say you "bought" the item. "Won" only applies to auctions.

Don't want to sound like I'm a spokesperson for eBay or anything.

If it's a Buy It Now, it'll merely say you "bought" the item. "Won" only applies to auctions.

Don't want to sound like I'm a spokesperson for eBay or anything.

Well you do, so take your commission and your logic and fuck off.

And everyone is already a cunt, but using ebay adds to your cuntishness enough for me to feel the need to shout about it on the internet.

xx