aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Best facebook group ever was the now defunct 'full english' one.

They just posted a picture of lovely full english breakfasts everyday. Once they posted a bowl of museli and the comments got nasty. Things like 'Get the fuck off this site before I kill someone!' Majestic.

The holiday booking procedure at work :(

I've just changed from a temporary contract to a permanent one, and as a result my set working days have changed. I can only book holidays for the days I'm down as working, and I'm at Download next week, but with this bloody change they've erased the holiday dates I had already booked instead of moving them. I'm now down as working the day I leave and the day I come home!!! They were told during my interview, my induction and my first shift that I would be unavailable for the whole week.

fuckfuckfuckfuck I hate that this will make me look the bad, unorganised one when no-one told me that the previous holiday dates wouldn't be stored in the system.

Stupid Facebook groups that everyone keeps 'liking'. All of these have popped up on my news feed today:

Lucky Rathen does NOT like:

If you get all those in one day you either have bad friends or just way too many.

Although for the record I quite enjoy spending my money on a prostitute and riding her home.

The full english page sounds amazing.

The holiday booking procedure at work :(

I've just changed from a temporary contract to a permanent one, and as a result my set working days have changed. I can only book holidays for the days I'm down as working, and I'm at Download next week, but with this bloody change they've erased the holiday dates I had already booked instead of moving them. I'm now down as working the day I leave and the day I come home!!! They were told during my interview, my induction and my first shift that I would be unavailable for the whole week.

fuckfuckfuckfuck I hate that this will make me look the bad, unorganised one when no-one told me that the previous holiday dates wouldn't be stored in the system.

Where do you work?

Just tell them to GTF if they give you problems.

I put 208 onto a traveller's credit card thing from Thomas Cook to go to Spain last week so that I'd have 220 as emergency money (I am getting sensible in my old...er age) if I needed it. I didn't spend any of it so went into the travel agents to get my money back today, expecting to only get maybe 195 or so back. Ended up only getting 172. Bastards. Nearly 40 for something I didn't use. Great job.

I put 208 onto a traveller's credit card thing from Thomas Cook to go to Spain last week so that I'd have 220 as emergency money (I am getting sensible in my old...er age) if I needed it. I didn't spend any of it so went into the travel agents to get my money back today, expecting to only get maybe 195 or so back. Ended up only getting 172. Bastards. Nearly 40 for something I didn't use. Great job.

WTF is wrong with a money belt? IT WORKED IN THE 80s!

ROD12601_md.jpg

Discreet.

I used to have a money belt when travelling but that was because the first time I travelled alone I got mugged at knife point in Amsterdam when I didnt have one!

My current pet hate was Mozilla Firefox but it is no more as have switched to Google Chrome, Firefox was being a pain - taking ages to load and always crashing, no idea why just updated the latest version, anyway switched to speccy Gates internet browser this morning and life is much more manageable!

I used to have a money belt when travelling but that was because the first time I travelled alone I got mugged at knife point in Amsterdam when I didnt have one!

My current pet hate was Mozilla Firefox but it is no more as have switched to Google Chrome, Firefox was being a pain - taking ages to load and always crashing, no idea why just updated the latest version, anyway switched to speccy Gates internet browser this morning and life is much more manageable!

....Speccy Gates' browser would be IE.

Google has nothing to do with Microsoft...

xx

Where do you work?

Just tell them to GTF if they give you problems.

They were alright about it, because I had told them about the holiday dates in my interview, induction and my first shift just to be sure (there were different managers for each). I work at Next. It's not very many hours at the moment so I'm working at Mojo too :)

I just don't like coming across as a scatterbrain or unorganised :down:

Wasting days off waiting for couriers. Would be nice if they could even designate an AM or PM at least.

YES!!! It's also pissing off when you've ordered something, and can track each stage. Why the fuck does an item need to be at a warehouse for 3 days before you finally fucking load it onto a van when other times it's been put to the warehouse and delivered on the same day?

(I know it depends on their delivery route, but I'm not that far away from the warehouse!)

In an ideal world there would be a 'collect from depot' option at the start.

So if, say, you live in newmachar but work in altens you can arrange to get a phonecall when the package is en route to the main office in altens telling you when it'll be there (or an 'earliest' date/time you can collect it) and just go there. Rather than waiting for the thing to be sorted, sent out, sent back, resent in some cases and THEN go collect it.

xx

In an ideal world there would be a 'collect from depot' option at the start.

So if, say, you live in newmachar but work in altens you can arrange to get a phonecall when the package is en route to the main office in altens telling you when it'll be there (or an 'earliest' date/time you can collect it) and just go there. Rather than waiting for the thing to be sorted, sent out, sent back, resent in some cases and THEN go collect it.

xx

I'd rather they just said morning or afternoon, so I don't have to sit here from 7:30am. They'll never come at 7:30am, but if I do stay in bed, they'd just be a cunt and show up then, wouldn't they. Also taking time off work for it is a pain in the brown.

'neepheid' and 'thegreatcornholio' fighting it out for "Most Highscores" in the Arcade. It's the most intense battle this site has seen since The People vs Ben Timpson.