aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Gladstone
Yeah I saw it on youtube - there's a link in the Fudge Awards thread somewhere.

My bad. I knew the name 'Ben Weapon' being thrown about. Think he's in a band with some mates of mine now. Actually, is he in Autumn in Disguise now?

I can't keep track of all this shit.

xx

I think he's in a band called Shiner? DJs at Korova as well I think.

I think he's in a band called Shiner? DJs at Korova as well I think.

He left Shiner. Does vocals in Retract the Accolade and a solo project. He still DJs though, yeah.

They were alright about it, because I had told them about the holiday dates in my interview, induction and my first shift just to be sure (there were different managers for each). I work at Next. It's not very many hours at the moment so I'm working at Mojo too :)

I just don't like coming across as a scatterbrain or unorganised :down:

This is a weird shitty trick they pull. Take it from a man in the know: I really hope you enjoy it and have a better experience than I/my coworkers/my friends but Next treat their employees fucking terribly.

Underpaid every month, Holiday forms "forgotten" or "lost" constantly, mix ups with holiday hours,, being blocked in the store so we finished putting up shelving that we were told about waaaay too late, all typical, all happened all the time there. Fucking awful, shitty company.

Completely useless, run by awful shitehawks.

This is a weird shitty trick they pull. Take it from a man in the know: I really hope you enjoy it and have a better experience than I/my coworkers/my friends but Next treat their employees fucking terribly.

Underpaid every month, Holiday forms "forgotten" or "lost" constantly, mix ups with holiday hours,, being blocked in the store so we finished putting up shelving that we were told about waaaay too late, all typical, all happened all the time there. Fucking awful, shitty company.

Completely useless, run by awful shitehawks.

I am pissed off that I was told I'd be paid for the numerous times I had to stay behind an extra 15/20 minutes and I wasn't. But now I make sure I leave on time and clock out when my shift is due to end, if I'm not paid for it I aint fucking doing it.

They seem to like that I'm on top of all the jobs they give me, even if I do take a bit longer in the stock room because it's so bloody messy; I end up properly organising stuff that folk have dumped.

The folk I work with are lovely, no problems yet other than the change-over of contracts fucking my holidays up.

Guest Gladstone
When change or keys jangles in your pocket. And you've got nowhere else to put it so you just have to live with it. Unless you wanna walk around with 30p in your hand.

That's what shoes are for surely?

I try my best to never carry money. Especially if the change is jangling, beggars seem to think it is surplus to your needs. Once got hounded by some shitarse in Manchester begging for change, and he could hear mine rattling. I said I had nothing spare, and he kept yelling that I was a liar.

I wasn't lying though. Yes it was change, but not spare change. My change.

I try my best to never carry money. Especially if the change is jangling, beggars seem to think it is surplus to your needs. Once got hounded by some shitarse in Manchester begging for change, and he could hear mine rattling. I said I had nothing spare, and he kept yelling that I was a liar.

I wasn't lying though. Yes it was change, but not spare change. My change.

Yeah. I always seem the need to grab any change/keys when walking past the homeless in case they start their shite.

I fucking hate beggars.

This one cunt on Union Street asked me three times over two days:

"Mate, do you know where there's a soup kitchen for the homeless nearby?"

"Try the Cyrenians, other than that I've no idea."

As I was talking the cunt was obviously completely fucking ignoring me waiting for me to stop talking so he could pipe up with.

"Ok.You got any spare change?"

"No."

"None at all?"

"None. Nada."

"You sure?"

And on and fucking on this cunt went.

Fuck beggars.

xx

I fucking hate beggars.

This one cunt on Union Street asked me three times over two days:

"Mate, do you know where there's a soup kitchen for the homeless nearby?"

"Try the Cyrenians, other than that I've no idea."

As I was talking the cunt was obviously completely fucking ignoring me waiting for me to stop talking so he could pipe up with.

"Ok.You got any spare change?"

"No."

"None at all?"

"None. Nada."

"You sure?"

And on and fucking on this cunt went.

Fuck beggars.

xx

I got stopped by a massive guy from down south who went "You know where the nearest homeless shelter or soup kitchen is?"

"No sorry".

"Oh okay, here mate, you wouldn't have a spare quid, I lost my ticket back to liverpool and don't have any money"

Now I'm sitting with 200 quid in my pocket, and this cunts massive, and looks like a cunt, so I gives him like 2 quid.

"Cheers, not spare more? No? ok. want to buy some hash?"

I recently saw him again, coming up the stairs near kef stopping me and asking if I wanted to buy hash.

There is one guy who is a legend. An irish guy who stops and goes:

"Hi, look I'm going to be honest, I'm an alcoholic and I was wondering if you could spare me and my friends some change so we can buy some cider. I don't want to lie to you".

Sorry mate don't have any

"Ok, well, thank you anyway for not telling me to fuck off. Have a good day".

Ah, that 'meal for the homeless' guy is still on the go? I've had him days and days in a row sometimes. If you actually tell him somewhere, he'll say it's closed, everytime without fail. Then asks if I "can spare a penny".

He needs to learn to remember faces. Twat.

Yeah, he goes about in brand new footy tops too and tries to pass himself off as needy. Saying that, you know the ginger beardy guy down at the train station end of trinity centre? He was supposedly munching away in kfc talking on an iphone...

I wish I could afford kfcs.

There is one guy who is a legend. An irish guy who stops and goes:

"Hi, look I'm going to be honest, I'm an alcoholic and I was wondering if you could spare me and my friends some change so we can buy some cider. I don't want to lie to you".

Sorry mate don't have any

"Ok, well, thank you anyway for not telling me to fuck off. Have a good day".

I don't think that's acceptable either, this whole "I'm being honest to you" attitude some beggars have. It's just another tactic to take my fucking money, to fucking scrounge off someone who has a job. Fuck off. Unless Darren from Belmont Street is reading this. Darren, you're a legend! :up:

(I'm obviously not talking about people genuinely in need or whatever, but scammers. Not part of the 'all homeless people are scum' brigade)

I don't think that's acceptable either, this whole "I'm being honest to you" attitude some beggars have. It's just another tactic to take my fucking money, to fucking scrounge off someone who has a job. Fuck off. Unless Darren from Belmont Street is reading this. Darren, you're a legend! :up:

(I'm obviously not talking about people genuinely in need or whatever, but scammers. Not part of the 'all homeless people are scum' brigade)

Don't get me wrong, I never give him money. It's just nice to have a bit of a story and politeness instead of having "chaannggeee" mumbled at you while you're doing shopping.

Is Darren the guy that always wore a Ross County zip up? 'cause that guy was also sound. I don't think he ever got that job at debehnams he said he was going for...

I know I've whinged about other drivers before but the cunts that sit in the wrong lane at roundabouts really do my head in.

3 times this week I've been close to having an accident due to some twat sitting in the right hand lane at bridge of dee roundabout to go straight across onto South Deeside Road. The road markings say use the left hand lane. I use the left hand lane and handily it's quicker to use the left hand lane. So why the fuck are these cretins using the right hand lane then fucking honking at me when they try to turn off!? You saw me drive straight across the roundabout and I even indicated once I'd gone past the first exit, why the fuck are you acting surprised that I'm there and honking once you've tried to turn into the back of me!?