aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I know I've whinged about other drivers before but the cunts that sit in the wrong lane at roundabouts really do my head in.

3 times this week I've been close to having an accident due to some twat sitting in the right hand lane at bridge of dee roundabout to go straight across onto South Deeside Road. The road markings say use the left hand lane. I use the left hand lane and handily it's quicker to use the left hand lane. So why the fuck are these cretins using the right hand lane then fucking honking at me when they try to turn off!? You saw me drive straight across the roundabout and I even indicated once I'd gone past the first exit, why the fuck are you acting surprised that I'm there and honking once you've tried to turn into the back of me!?

Erm, do you mean coming from Gt Southern Road, to go over to Leggart Terrace?

Erm, do you mean coming from Gt Southern Road, to go over to Leggart Terrace?

Yes.

I know coming from Leggart Terrace and from Garthdee roundabout onto Bridge of Dee roundabout you can only turn left from the left hand lane. You can't go straight on. That could be the cause of the confusion but those are clearly marked with signs. The road markings in the left hand lane going from Gt. Southern Road to the roundabout say left hand and straight on with no other signage to say otherwise. As far as I'm aware the highway code suggests that in the absence of signs saying otherwise the left hand lane is for the 1st and 2nd junctions.

Fraid not... Left lane is only for A90 traffic.

a90.jpg

Admittedly that picture appears pretty clear. However I'm sure when I first started driving this route home a couple of months ago that I looked at that arrow and it has a straight ahead bit on it as well. I started off using the right hand lane there due to the assumption that it was the same as coming off Leggart Terrace onto Gt. Southern Road but changed to the left hand lane after looking at the road markings.

I'll check again tonight. There's no signage saying you can't turn left and in rush hour you can't really read the road markings. Really the council should make it clearer.

Admittedly that picture appears pretty clear. However I'm sure when I first started driving this route home a couple of months ago that I looked at that arrow and it has a straight ahead bit on it as well. I started off using the right hand lane there due to the assumption that it was the same as coming off Leggart Terrace onto Gt. Southern Road but changed to the left hand lane after looking at the road markings.

I'll check again tonight. There's no signage saying you can't turn left and in rush hour you can't really read the road markings. Really the council should make it clearer.

That's a street view image obviously, so would probably be a couple of years old now. Knowing the council they quite possibly have changed it, (or repainted it wrongly) but I agree it's far from clear. There's a similar one when you come from North Esplanade West to the roundabout at Queen Elizabeth Bridge and try to go straight on to Riverside. The left lane is only for traffic going on to the bridge, and the right lane is for going straight on, but unless you knew about it before hand, it's really confusing. I would hate to be an 'incomer' trying to drive round Aberdeen, particularly when you look at the likes of the whole Wapping Street/Guild Street abortion, Haudagain etc etc.

Guest Gladstone
That's a street view image obviously, so would probably be a couple of years old now. Knowing the council they quite possibly have changed it, (or repainted it wrongly) but I agree it's far from clear. There's a similar one when you come from North Esplanade West to the roundabout at Queen Elizabeth Bridge and try to go straight on to Riverside. The left lane is only for traffic going on to the bridge, and the right lane is for going straight on, but unless you knew about it before hand, it's really confusing. I would hate to be an 'incomer' trying to drive round Aberdeen, particularly when you look at the likes of the whole Wapping Street/Guild Street abortion, Haudagain etc etc.

The problem is lack of MASSIVE signs in advance of roundabouts/junctions.

Standard practice (well when I learned to drive anyway) for roundabouts is right lane is for coming off the roundabout at the last exit (so turning right effectively, but if there are 5 exits, only for the 5th exit) and left lane for everything else. So, if I'm approaching a roundabout I don't know, I would most of the time be in the left lane until I see a sign telling me to shift lanes. The road markings at that Bridge of Dee roundabout are shit. I used to know them because I went to uni down there but only seem to be crossing it every now and again, and I can never remember where I'm supposed to be to go straight on (from Asda/B&Q side) to go onto Holburn St. I think left lane is for turning left only isn't it? I've gone straight on from that left lane loads of times becuase the road marking is about 5 feet from the roundabout, so by the time I see the arrow it's too late in busy traffic.

A big sign before that bus shelter would do the trick nicely, but no, the council would rather spend it's money on those stupid digital signs telling me to wear a seat belt, take the bus, and not take drugs whilst I drive. All whilst distracting my attention from the road, wondering what bullshit the sign will tell me today.

At Waterstones?!

Yup. After a quick argument over who had to clean it up the mess was taken care of. Thing is, unless it was a 'down the trouser leg' incident, I can't think how someone managed to drop their trousers, squat, take a shit and walk off without ANYBODY noticing. If you're behind the till upstairs the gardening section is a bit of a blind spot, but you normally have enough folk milling about the travel section. Plus the loo is upstairs. Manager isn't telling anyone if it was caught on CCTV yet which is fair enough.

A total poo-dunit in my opinion.

Yup. After a quick argument over who had to clean it up the mess was taken care of. Thing is, unless it was a 'down the trouser leg' incident, I can't think how someone managed to drop their trousers, squat, take a shit and walk off without ANYBODY noticing. If you're behind the till upstairs the gardening section is a bit of a blind spot, but you normally have enough folk milling about the travel section. Plus the loo is upstairs. Manager isn't telling anyone if it was caught on CCTV yet which is fair enough.

What a shite joke.

xx

It might crop up in the confessions thread.

"I did a massive shit in Waterstones right on the floor and no one caught me."

That lane has been left only ever since I moved up here to Aberdeen anyway so that's a good few years. You probably just misread it because of traffic like you said.

Charity beggars are actually worse than scamming beggars. They just don't take no for an answer. They need telling about 4 or 5 times, then they follow you down the street until you say no aggressively enough that they fuck off.

Then they pull the guilt trip out, saying the amount you spend on a night out, or a take away could be going to a worthy cause. Can't be doing with that.

They should be illegal. If I want to give to charity, I will. I don't want to be bullied into it by some smarmy, over confident fuckpiss.

Charity beggars are actually worse than scamming beggars. They just don't take no for an answer. They need telling about 4 or 5 times, then they follow you down the street until you say no aggressively enough that they fuck off.

Then they pull the guilt trip out, saying the amount you spend on a night out, or a take away could be going to a worthy cause. Can't be doing with that.

They should be illegal. If I want to give to charity, I will. I don't want to be bullied into it by some smarmy, over confident fuckpiss.

at least they wear big colourful jackets to warn you of their bellend-ishness with enough warning for you to take out your phone and pretend to be having the best conversation in the world as you pass them. Or as double barrier, headphones in, pretending to text.....eyyy:rockon:

I had headphones on, but they just wave at you manically and step right infront of your path. Walked right into one today as he stepped right infront of me so I didn't ignore him. Fucking chump

was it the boy wi the glasses and massive white-man permed fro?

he is a tot

I've only told them to fuck off a few times to be fair, normally I just say no, not interested, it's when they start following you up the street that I tend to get a bit rude. Because quite frankly, following me up the street when I've already said no is rude, and two wrongs always make a right.

They don't like it when you challenge them as to how much they pay to the charity. I don't need to be hounded to give to charity. If I want to then I'll do it off my own back, thanks. Getting a smoking hottie to pester me won't work either because she won't suck my cock afterwards.