aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

People who say they have OCD

e.g. "Oh I had to go and clean it again because it wasn't done right and my OCD kicked in" or similar stuff

You don't have fucking OCD, you're just being a petty fucker! If you had ever met anyone with true OCD you would see how fucking terrible a condition it is! :swearing:

These are just the worst type of people. I hate them.

I used to know people that used to go in to primark (when it was properly messy a la TK Maxx) and be like "I can't be in here it's too messy, my OCD is kicking in". Fuck off.

And Android, you've had too much sugar and you got excited and missed out words. See, sugar shouldn't go in beverages.

People who say they have OCD

e.g. "Oh I had to go and clean it again because it wasn't done right and my OCD kicked in" or similar stuff

You don't have fucking OCD, you're just being a petty fucker! If you had ever met anyone with true OCD you would see how fucking terrible a condition it is! :swearing:

I see you this and raise you - people who say "I am OCD about....".

Learn the fucking difference between a noun and an adjective.

xx

This may just be me, but I find it incredibly rude for someone, whilst using public transport, to sit in an aisle seat to prevent somebody from sitting next to them. Now, I hate people as much as the next person, but if a train or bus is busy, the smelly mentalist has just as much right as anyone who has bought a ticket to sit down. So don't be a dick and decide that yr bag/purse/iPod needs it's own seat. Nobody wants that awkward social situation where you have to apologise to said chair hog by asking them to move their stuff so you can sit down.

• Upvote 1

The OCD thing is annoying.

Although one could argue that the annoying people who do so have done so so much that OCD could alter into an acceptable adjective.

On a side note I used to work in Primark when it was properly messy. Shit place. I feel a little angry now if I go into one of their shops and see that there are no clothes on the floor. The new generation aren't getting the right experience.

The correct term is anally retentive, isn't it? If you are fussy to an overwhelming degree and whatnot. I like things to be straight and parrallel, at all times. It bugs me when stuff isn't it. Like peoples living rooms, when they have a sofa at an angle instead of parrallel to the wall. I just don't think I could sit in there for too long without turning into a human wrecking ball*

*or just grit my teeth and moan about it on the internet later.

When people tell you you HAVE to watch a certain film or tv episode etc... then begin to tell you all the funny/amazing bits. Even worse is when they realise those funny/amazing bits are only ace when you know the context they're set in, so tell you the whole fucking thing. Usually not in the order they happen in.

BAH fuck off and leave me to find out myself!!

:swearing::swearing::swearing:

When people tell you you HAVE to watch a certain film or tv episode etc... then begin to tell you all the funny/amazing bits. Even worse is when they realise those funny/amazing bits are only ace when you know the context they're set in, so tell you the whole fucking thing. Usually not in the order they happen in.

BAH fuck off and leave me to find out myself!!

You must spread, even worse when they are pissed!

Having spent the last 3 years at uni putting "et al" when I should have been typing "et al." and only getting told about it now... I should have noticed before now to be honest, but no-one ever brought it to my attention, and now I've been marked down in a report for it.

Aargh, so that's three subjects in first year no-one mentioned it, two in second year and for this year I've submitted 6 essays and one report before this one all not pointing this out. Fucks sake.

I HATE inconsistent marking. What is important and can be worth a mark to one person, isn't worth the same to another marker. BAH :down:

Having spent the last 3 years at uni putting "et al" when I should have been typing "et al." and only getting told about it now... I should have noticed before now to be honest, but no-one ever brought it to my attention, and now I've been marked down in a report for it.

Aargh, so that's three subjects in first year no-one mentioned it, two in second year and for this year I've submitted 6 essays and one report before this one all not pointing this out. Fucks sake.

I HATE inconsistent marking. What is important and can be worth a mark to one person, isn't worth the same to another marker. BAH :down:

I had a marker last year who marked people down for not putting the journal number in bold during the references or the journal name in italics if it was abbreviated.

My pet hate -> When lab work for a uni dissertation goes horribly wrong. I've lost so much of my 20 week lab project (culturing cells is a big part) through delays and infections (chlamydia is a bitch that way). Lab work was supposed to end last Friday and I will still be going most of next week, even though it's due in on the 23rd. Oh and I've got about 8000 words left to write (15 000 in total o_O)

People who moan about not being a 'morning person'

"Urgh, don't ask me a question like that. I'm not a morning person"

Who the fuck is? Who dives out of bed, kicks open the front door to writhe around on the lawn smelling the freshly cut grass? Climbs up a tree, gets a blackbird in a headlock and wails an incoherent tune at the top of their lungs? Runs back inside, sits down at the breakfast bar, shovelling cereal into their mouth; a mouth which can't contain said cereal and allows it all spill down their chin because they are grinning so much, because it's the fucking morning, and they fucking LOVE mornings??

Who the fuck does that? Nobody the fuck does that. Nobody is a morning person. Life's tough, mate. Wise up.

• Upvote 2

People who moan about not being a 'morning person'

"Urgh, don't ask me a question like that. I'm not a morning person"

Who the fuck is? Who dives out of bed, kicks open the front door to writhe around on the lawn smelling the freshly cut grass? Climbs up a tree, gets a blackbird in a headlock and wails an incoherent tune at the top of their lungs? Runs back inside, sits down at the breakfast bar, shovelling cereal into their mouth; a mouth which can't contain said cereal and allows it all spill down their chin because they are grinning so much, because it's the fucking morning, and they fucking LOVE mornings??

Who the fuck does that? Nobody the fuck does that. Nobody is a morning person. Life's tough, mate. Wise up.

I like mornings. I don't need an alarm clock (never slept in for anything), i get straight out of bed and go in the shower. Then i shovel cereal into my mouth all the while grinning like a coked up gibbon. I miss out the tree-climbing, blackbird bothering and grass-rolling because it doesn't seem wholly nescessary. :)