aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

You appear to have misinterpreted me. I was stressed while I was at uni. I know in retrospect that uni wasn't that stressful but at the time I was pulling my hair out. The point that I'm making is if you're stressed, work hard. The pet hate here is people making such an enormous show of being stressed, irritating the fuck out of me (and John W from what I gather) with their complaining, while making absolutely no effort in their course.

This is directed entirely at the student contingent on my facebook feed and is in no way intended as a dig at you. If, however, you are one of those people who posts daily about the hardships of student life let me tell you on behalf of your facebook feed that noone gives a fuck.

Uni is hard, I get that. Uni is also important, your actions can have pretty substantial consequences on your career. But all students need to be aware that no one in the world gives a fuck what their word count is except themselves. They also need to be aware that, just like when you're in first year the work you're doing seems difficult but by third year you realise that first year was a walk in the park, although you find uni stressful now by the time you've been in the 'real world' (I fucking hate that patronising bastard of a phrase, but I'm being a bit of a patronising cunt, so fuck it) for a couple of years your stress tolerance will be re-calibrated and you'll wonder what the fuck you were so stressed about back then.

xx

[/pretentious, patronising cunt]

This.

I was at college and stressed about essays and stuff all the time. Couldn't wait to pass and get a job.

I left college and had a flat with my gf. I then lost my job. We had 200 between us one month from the dole and we couldn't afford rent.

That's stress.

I don't understand how someone can be stressed under uni work alone. Would like to see them handle under a real job, mortgage and kids. That warrants stress. At least if you are working to pay your way and have uni work there is a reason. Students who have all the free time in the world to work towards their degrees and study have no excuse. I don't know where you sit in this Davidm and personally don't care. general statement is general.

I'm enjoying the world-weary wisdom imparted here by elder statesman John W (19)...

This.

I was at college and stressed about essays and stuff all the time. Couldn't wait to pass and get a job.

I left college and had a flat with my gf. I then lost my job. We had 200 between us one month from the dole and we couldn't afford rent.

That's stress.

Ok, sure, but try living in some of the poorer parts of Africa, walking x number of miles to get fresh water every day.

---------------------------------

That is obviously a ridiculous statement, but it's the same logic you're using. We all get stressed about different things in life depending on where we are and what we're doing. I'm not for a minute saying that your situation was pretty bad. Stress affects almost everyone in the world, no matter how rich or poor you might be. That's my only point.

Ok, sure, but try living in some of the poorer parts of Africa, walking x number of miles to get fresh water every day.

---------------------------------

That is obviously a ridiculous statement, but it's the same logic you're using. We all get stressed about different things in life depending on where we are and what we're doing. I'm not for a minute saying that your situation was pretty bad. Stress affects almost everyone in the world, no matter how rich or poor you might be. That's my only point.

I think we're all arguing the same points at each other. Are we all agreed that the typical "down the pub instead of revision" student doesn't get the right to be stressed. But the rest of us hard working folk (be it uni, college, or work) get to be stressed as much as we like?

If so. good.

Pet hate - when you're debating with someone and it ends up you're arguing the exact same thing at each other in a different way.

Pet hate: when someone fucks up a perfectly good internet argument with a resolution.

But yeah, I pretty much agree with what JB said. Only I've also added that a Pet Hate of mine is people who assume I give a fuck if they are stressed.

xx

Maybe you should give a fuck. I hear it's a good way of relieving stress :up:

Pet hate: when someone fucks up a perfectly good internet argument with a resolution.

But yeah, I pretty much agree with what JB said. Only I've also added that a Pet Hate of mine is people who assume I give a fuck if they are stressed.

xx

I hate most peoples updates to be honest. There's only a few I think have added something to my day.

Why do I have facebook? I like it. Plus I just troll everyone with a stupid status.

Uni at times was far more stressful than anything I've experienced afterwards. Possibly because I don't have much career ambition and I just look for the easy relaxing options.

In my book exams are stressful things for most people and they can moan about them whether they have a job or not especially if that moaning is done in a thread called "pet hates" or on their own facebook page.

• Upvote 1

I hate most peoples updates to be honest. There's only a few I think have added something to my day.

Why do I have facebook? I like it. Plus I just troll everyone with a stupid status.

Got rid of Facebook a few weeks ago, not missing it, apart from band promotion stuff.

Soda Jerk selling his Ibanez Jet King at a time when I couldn't afford to buy it.

Then in a rare second chance, davetherave puts it back up for sale a month later, and again I don't have much spare cash. :down:

Man, I'm partially tempted to buy it back. I miss it like a limb.

It's mental that everyone is getting in an outrage about a ridiculous blanket "what do you know about stress" statement from someone who lives with their parents.

Guest Gladstone
I don't like the emoticons on this board.

I never seem to be able to find one which really matches the tone I want.

Take your dislikes and get to fuck.

This thread is for pure hatred only.

Guest Gladstone
Another toilet-related complaint: The weirdo at my work who lays a massive cable and then never flushes the offending turd away.

I guarantee that he does it intentionally. In some primitive show of manhood or something. Fucking weirdo.

Rub his face in it, like they do with dogs.