aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Haha!

I can't stand rugby, me. I wouldn't even dignify it by calling it a sport. It's just man-groping for the posh.

(apart from those rough types who also love the bum hunt egg chase)

It is a sport. A fucking hard sport at that. And theres plenty of "working class" rugby community clubs as well.

Although the irritating yahs were, I concede, one of the reasons I quit.

I should point out that I wasn't being entirely serious. Not entirely...

I do hate rugby though. I tried to watch the 6 Nations once, to see if I could get in some way patriotically enthused by the whole charade. It took me 9 minutes to realise that it was France playing in blue, and not Scotland. Then I fell asleep.

I should point out that I wasn't being entirely serious. Not entirely...

I do hate rugby though. I tried to watch the 6 Nations once, to see if I could get in some way patriotically enthused by the whole charade. It took me 9 minutes to realise that it was France playing in blue, and not Scotland. Then I had a wank and fell asleep.

Fixed that. :rolleyes:

Union wins because the Six Nations is pretty ace and the world cup isn't as predictable as the League competition.

I don't watch either domestically but to me all the things that are different in League make it more boring.

Internationally, Rugby Union is definitely head and shoulders above League in terms of its stature. I still can't bare to watch it though, and as an exact opposite of you, everything different about Union makes it so drab to me. The constant kicking back and forth, and the all pile on and push forward. Why do they never pass it down the line, out wide and stretch the defence? Because there's no tackle count, players with the ball never run at a defender with any sort of conviction. They start hitting the ground before the tackle is made, to prepare for the ruck. What a pansy game. Run at him as if he's not even there. If you break your shoulder, walk it off.

The last Union World Cup final I watched, there wasn't even a single try scored. It was all penalty kicks from forcing errors and offsides. Gay.

In League, they finally realised that the scrum is a whole load of pointless nonsense too, so they make it happen as little as possible, for as less time as possible. That's using your bonce!

On a club level, League is awesome. Internationally, love Union. Asides from anything to do with Ice Hockey, the Six Nations and Rugby World Cup are the only sporting events I really give 2 shits about.

I wouldn't mind getting properly into League and finding a team to support, but I don't watch TV so can't really decide.

Pet hate: The whole 'Glasgow is rough' thing.

'Weegies either want to stab you or be your best mate'

'You wouldn't get away with that in Glasgow'

*affects weegie accent*: 'ah'll chib you ya cunt'

talking about various dodgy areas of Glasgow...etc.

It's boring.

This is funny though: Holyrood Magazine

When I was in Glasgow the other week, I was walking along Argyll Street with a mate after a great night at The 13th Note seeing Cory Branan, Austin Lucas and Drag The River.

Out of nowhere I feel somebody punching the back of my head. Some teenage lassie had launched a completely unprovoked attack on me.

True story.

When I was in Glasgow the other week, I was walking along Argyll Street with a mate after a great night at The 13th Note seeing Cory Branan, Austin Lucas and Drag The River.

Out of nowhere I feel somebody punching the back of my head. Some teenage lassie had launched a completely unprovoked attack on me.

True story.

Was it aggravated sexy assualt?

Internationally, Rugby Union is definitely head and shoulders above League in terms of its stature. I still can't bare to watch it though, and as an exact opposite of you, everything different about Union makes it so drab to me. The constant kicking back and forth, and the all pile on and push forward. Why do they never pass it down the line, out wide and stretch the defence? Because there's no tackle count, players with the ball never run at a defender with any sort of conviction. They start hitting the ground before the tackle is made, to prepare for the ruck. What a pansy game. Run at him as if he's not even there. If you break your shoulder, walk it off.

The last Union World Cup final I watched, there wasn't even a single try scored. It was all penalty kicks from forcing errors and offsides. Gay.

In League, they finally realised that the scrum is a whole load of pointless nonsense too, so they make it happen as little as possible, for as less time as possible. That's using your bonce!

Union can be bad when a match turns into a kicking contest (which most games involving England seem to). Unfortunately there seems to be more of these games each year. I like the rucks, mauls and scrums though. And line-outs. Does league have line-outs? And when you get two good running and passing teams it's great.

Who knows, I might actually like League if I tried to get into it. But my mind's made up and it wont change.

That's understandable. I don't think anyone can allow themselves to like both codes of Rugby. It just won't compute.

League doesn't have line-outs. It has a scrum, where they put sort of pass it to their own teams legs. Somehow League officials allow this, making the scrum last less than 2 seconds. Good stuff.

Myspace has gone down the tubes as well. What's going on with the music player now? I click on a song, and the whole page refreshes and takes me to a new page. Why? And just about every band has spam in their comments which plays music, and is so difficult to find. The sooner Myspace completely disappears, the better, so bands will stop using it.

• Upvote 1