aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I returned to the uni I went to to give a lecture earlier this year, and I would say over a third of the class had a laptop with them, but whether they were taking notes with them is another question. Attitudes have changed since my day :laughing:, we went back the next week to lead the tutorial and while we were going round the room seeing how everyone was getting on my colleague spotted some bloke texting. She went over and made polite enquiries as to how he was getting on with the work to indicate she had seen him pissing about and wanted him to answer the bloody question and he looked up at her and said, "aye, I'm just on the phone now, OK??" in a really condescending tone. She was so befuddled by him not caring that we could see he wasn't doing anything she just muttered something and wandered off, I was up the back trying really hard not to laugh. We were only there to give a lecture as potential employers of all the people that come out of that course as well, that student might well be in the middle of applying for a graduate place with my work right now.. some people are clueless. Maybe I am the odd one here and it is socially acceptable to use your mobile in a lecture now, God knows it was going that way when I was there right enough.

When I went to Uni circa 1996 there was one guy with a laptop, he had some sort of wrist condition that made it difficult to write to so he was allowed to use it to take notes. It was a source of amazement as laptops were pretty rare in those days.

Also, the internet was in black and white, and we had street parties when Speed came out at the cinema.

When I went to Uni circa 1996 there was one guy with a laptop, he had some sort of wrist condition that made it difficult to write to so he was allowed to use it to take notes. It was a source of amazement as laptops were pretty rare in those days.

Really? Maybe taking his laptop away may have solved this. Lack of decent 'material' = decreased workload for the wrist.

I fucking hate the new motorola advert.

Pool party proof my balls! the thing is water resistant, you drop it in the water and it's fucked, just like every other phone - but maybe you can text when it's raining and it'll be fine now...? Oh how triumphantly technology marches the fuck on.

Stupid advert boils my fucking piss!

xx

I returned to the uni I went to to give a lecture earlier this year, and I would say over a third of the class had a laptop with them, but whether they were taking notes with them is another question. Attitudes have changed since my day :laughing:, we went back the next week to lead the tutorial and while we were going round the room seeing how everyone was getting on my colleague spotted some bloke texting. She went over and made polite enquiries as to how he was getting on with the work to indicate she had seen him pissing about and wanted him to answer the bloody question and he looked up at her and said, "aye, I'm just on the phone now, OK??" in a really condescending tone. She was so befuddled by him not caring that we could see he wasn't doing anything she just muttered something and wandered off, I was up the back trying really hard not to laugh. We were only there to give a lecture as potential employers of all the people that come out of that course as well, that student might well be in the middle of applying for a graduate place with my work right now.. some people are clueless. Maybe I am the odd one here and it is socially acceptable to use your mobile in a lecture now, God knows it was going that way when I was there right enough.

Pet hate wise, I temporarily have a commute to work and so most of my pet hates relate to driving. In particular this evening, oil workers in giant 4x4s who tailgate you at the speed limit with their xenon lights at exactly the wrong height, whizz by you in the bus lane at 50 in a 30 zone at the first opportunity, cut you up to move lanes again, then make the rest of the journey as the car in front rather than the car behind. Close second is people who queue at the Kingswells roundabout for the traffic light for 10 mins, then when they are finally at the front and the light turns green, realising that there are so many things they could be doing instead, like looking up at the sky, or texting, or lighting a fag, or changing CD... When I've had a poor day at work not being sharp at traffic lights makes me quite murderous apparently.

i got told off for using my mobile in a lecture once, the guy wasnt to know but i was genuinly using it to take notes, id forgotton my pen and paper. Idiotic i know but id prefer doing that and having the notes than not having them at all.

Football related, but I hate when people refer to footballing things as something else as some kind of joke. Let me demonstrate:

Celtic: Ra Sellick, Septic

Ibrox: Ipricks, Castle Greyskull

Parkhead: The Tattie Dome

The Old Firm: The Ugly Sisters, The Bigot Brothers

Man City: Citeh

Man Utd: ManUre

...amongst many others.

To clarify, the only one that is acceptable is calling Liverpool, LOLerpool.

I like saying 'Citeh', because that's how they really say it. Those Mancs and their funny tongues. Spuds, Gooners and Chelski are annoying though.

Player nicknames are good though. Like Tom Hundredstone and Gaz Baz.

Was your friend in Iron Maiden or Metallica?

haha! nah man...

it's a band from Turriff (of all crap places..) all they've done is put out one EP, made one sort of t-shirt, and won a battle of the bands (can't remember which one.)

All the money at that time, was agreed to go towards studio time (understandable..), which in turn led to the EP being of a decent(ish) quality.

I just personally think it's a prickish move to try and get money out of a band that has next to nothing financially...