aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

urgh.

I just logged into myspace out of curiosity, and that is a TERRIBLE layout/style/whatever!

They changed it a few months ago (I still use it for finding random bands) and I didn't initially like that change, but I grew to it, and it was actually better for finding random tunes!

as for this new layout... it looks alot like an overworked shopping website designed for 14 year old girls. absolute pish.

I like that you can stream tracks from Bandcamp on an iPhone or BlackBerry, means I can still listen to things at work where the likes of MySpace or Facebook are blocked.

You can also copy and paste the player into just about anything, so it's great for putting on your bands website or blog. Bandcamp is quite limited on its own as there's no real interaction, but it's good that the playback is super high quality. Being able to set prices for downloads is pretty neat too, if you're that way inclined.

This is going to be a pet hate for many people in the future I'm sure:

https://www.google.com/history/

The amount of info collected by Google is a real concern for me. You can't even log in to your You Tube account anymore without also logging into Google, thereby giving them the opportunity to record every search.

And then they were going round capturing private router data from their Steetview cars, WTF?

Cheques.

Fuck Cheques.

Old landlord paying back our deposit, but rather than just transfer the money directly - like he did every fucking month as promptly as you like - no, here's a cheque now sit tight till some dickhead at the bank decides you are worthy of recieving the money.

You can deposit cash in the bank then by the time you walk out to a cash point you can withdraw it again, so why this mystical fucking lapse in reality where cheques need time to make themselves comfortable in my fucking bank account before I can coax the money out of it.

Fuck. Cheques.

xx

Jam Sandwiches are great but paying (what I'm only assuming will be a stupid price) for one is ridiculous when everyone should have a loaf of bread and a pot of Jam in their house. Maybe not everyone but if you're the type of person who likes jam Sandwiches, you should.

I'd be willing to wager you could buy a loaf (or maybe a bag of buns) and some smart price jam for the cost of one of the sandwiches...

xx

I'd be willing to wager you could buy a loaf (or maybe a bag of buns) and some smart price jam for the cost of one of the sandwiches...

xx

They're 80p haha I like them but I have simple tastes... and when you're on a car journey to Glasgow with no time to make a snack for the journey beforehand, they do the job.