aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild
The northern irish accent. Its genuinely a pet hate. Apologies if anyone on here has one.

I find it only slightly more palatable than the Eire accent. The Eire accent just sounds wrong.

Guest Gladstone

Bad place to say it but I really don't like the Aberdeen accent. I'm a tcheuchter but after years at uni, working, playing football, living in Aberdeen my accent is somewhere between tcheuchter and "toonser" completely by accident. I hate the little toonser twang in my accent.

Aberdeen is nowhere near as bad as really strong ned weegie or scouse though.

(For the record - I like the Northern Irish accent)

I think we have an unhealthy obsession with the weather here in the UK.... drives me mad. And now I'm complaining about people complaining about the weather!

I should point out I'm pretty weird and am always warm... I don't even own a jacket, let alone wear one.

All people ever come into my work and say is 'it's so cold outside' etc. Never know what to say... all I'm thinking is 'i walked in 20 minutes ago and it was fine. Man up ot buy a better jacket#

Guest idol_wild
I dunno what it is with the norn irn accent. It just grates on me so it does.

Is it because when they say "power shower", they pronounce it as "par shar"?

That's why it grates on me, anyway.

I should point out I'm pretty weird and am always warm... I don't even own a jacket, let alone wear one.

All people ever come into my work and say is 'it's so cold outside' etc. Never know what to say... all I'm thinking is 'i walked in 20 minutes ago and it was fine. Man up ot buy a better jacket#

I've got a work colleague who chucked a bitch fit because i put on a fan when it was 26 degrees C because he was feeling a little bit cold. Fucking diddums!!!

Is it because when they say "power shower", they pronounce it as "par shar"?

That's why it grates on me, anyway.

I actually met a guy from NI at a party and asked what he did:

So, What do you do with yourself?

I instah par shars ar canty arma

turns out he installed power showers in county armagh.

(that's not a true story at all..but it could be)

Guest idol_wild
All people ever come into my work and say is 'it's so cold outside' etc. Never know what to say...

I always know what to say:

WE'RE IN FUCKING SCOTLAND. SCOTLAND GETS COLD WEATHER.

I'm always warm too. One of the guys at work is always cold, even in Summer when the sun blares through the window and turns the office into a greenhouse. At times like that, he's still pumping the thermostat up to 32. If the boss turns it down, he sits with his coat and scarf on, sulking, even though the office is never colder than 22 degrees, ever.

I probably get it from my Dad. He always told me that "coats are for jessies". I've recently acquired my first raincoat since I was a child, and that was only because it was given to me for free. I've not considered any recent rain to be severe enough to wear it yet. It's only water. I'm not going to melt.

The N.I. accent bugs me because they dont seem to have the letter 'h' in their alphabet.

They do a lot of 'tinking' about 'tings' to do on 'tursday'

It makes me want to go in their face and go 'ttttthhhhhhhh', showering them with my glorious saliva in the process.

To be fair the Irish accent isn't much different. Eg the whole three/tree thing. My girlfriend is Irish and this has never stopped being amusing.

Broad Irish accents are a nightmare! Her parents live in the south-west of Ireland in the middle of nowhere, and the speed at which they talk combined with the accent makes it almost impossible to distinguish what they're saying

The N.I. accent bugs me because they dont seem to have the letter 'h' in their alphabet.

They do a lot of 'tinking' about 'tings' to do on 'tursday'

It makes me want to go in their face and go 'ttttthhhhhhhh', showering them with my glorious saliva in the process.

I think that's more common with ROI no?

My girlfriend is from Norn Arn and I can confirm that the single most annoying theing for her is being asked by some smiorkingfaced cunt to say "thirty three and a third", as if the Northern and Southern accents are smilar. She can pronounce "th" just fine.

The only word that I take the piss out of her for is "cupboard", which she pronounces like "cubber".

I cannot stand the female Dublin accent; so shrill and nasal. No problem at all with her Northern accent.

Northern Irish accent is the sexiest, bar none. I actually am the opposite to whoever it was that posted saying they prefer soft accents. Give me a scouse, brummy or weegie any day ahead of a bland accent like my own. My girlfriend sounds like she's straight off of Corination Street and I fucking love it. Am I a freak?