aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest treader.

O2 Wireless Broadband and the fact it seems to drop every 25 minutes or so.

Also, they're still charging me too much on my internet bills. Fucking dicks.

it's like the ultimate expression of intellectual superiority to these drooling fucks.

The only way to defeat them is to stick your car into reverse and ram them.

Promoters who put the words "Appearing Live" on their posters or other promotional materials. When I go to the gig the very least I expect is the band to appear live. I don't think that's asking for too much.

I mean, what are the actual alternatives to this?

1. "Ladies and Gentleman, unfortunately our bass player couldn't be arsed playing tonight so we've taped his performance and placed a big fuck off telly in the spot where he usually stands. We hope you enjoy the show!"

2. "You mean to say we're NOT doing this gig DEAD? That's what people who come to a Brokencyde show really want to see!"

3. "I'm sorry to announce the band won't come out from behind the curtain tonight. Sure they'll be playing, and sure they'll be live, but they've just decided against actually appearing on this particular occasion... and since they'll be appearing behind the curtain you'll have to be too if you want to see anything".

assholes behind you waiting at filter lights who beep their horns the second that the beam of green light has travelled to their retinas as if you were fucking holding them up. I dont let them do this anymore, but last night I was waiting at the beach boulivard crossroads, tailed by some fuckwit cunt. i was splitting my vision between the filter light and the ugly cretin's face, and i swear to god within .5 of a second of it coming on (during which time I might add, i was putting my car into fucking gear since unlike this moron I don't wait at lights in gear with the clutch depressed) i saw his dragged knuckles moving over the steering wheel and i just know if it had been a millisecond longer he would have been pounding his fist into the wheel at me. it's like the ultimate expression of intellectual superiority to these drooling fucks.

if i'm in the same situation i give the poor fucker in front a second or two, maybe blip the throttle a tiny bit so that they wake up a bit if they weren't paying attention, then if they obviously aren't noticing it at all a few seconds later i might pip the horn in the slightest manner. then again, i'm not a cunt (or am i?)

that seriously fucks me off too. i even had one twat beeping at me when the filter wasn't on an the light was at red. idiot.

general ignorance on the roads annoys me - lack of indicators, people using their phones whilst driving, boy racers at traffic lights (if i wanted to, i could totally beat their citroen saxo/ford fiesta asses, but i don't because i'm not a dick), people totally driving up my ass etc. saying that, i'm actually a really calm driver and have only used my horn once when some idiot almost drove into me on union street.

also currently annoyed by the weather outside because sky has now decided to fuck up and now receive no signal. i was halfway through scrubs. GRR.

There's nothing like a good episode of Scrubs at 3am!

Stupid Amazon marketplace sellers. Every day this week I've arrived at work all excited that my new CDs would be waiting for me and they still aren't here. I ordered them last Wednesday! Fuck holes.

Still waiting.... I ordered them last Wednesday (3rd June), I'd have expected them to be shipped on Thursday and arrive Friday or Saturday. It is now the 12th and they still aren't fucking here! The stuff I bought off Ebay on the same day arrived on the Friday.

Every other time I've ordered from Amazon Marketplace (which is a lot) it's been shipped the next day and arrived the following day, or at the very latest the day after that. Makes you wonder why you bother paying to have them sent first class if they are going to take this long to arrive.

Hint to all - avoid "Zoverstocks" on Amazon, they are rubbish.

People who make stupid noises when they either get tongue-tied with a word or are deliberating and feel the need to fill in the white space with something.

Hard to descibe phonetically, but the deliberation one is a kind of fish-mouth "puh" sound.

As in..."do we have those in stock? let me think..puh-puh-puh-puh-puh-puh..."

Or when someone - usually inarticulate workie types - get stuck on the pronunciation of a word (usually more that two syllables for them) and start doing that that exaggerated spitting thing with head bobbing back and forward whilst blinking furiously.

Toe-curlingly embarrassing.

Not all the brands have the wings, but they all seem pretty capable at soaking up the glass of blue liquid that always gets spilled on them. Except the one they compare it with. They always pick the shittest of the bunch that is just a glorified paper towel.

I'm right glad I'm not a girl.

Guest Gladstone
Not all the brands have the wings, but they all seem pretty capable at soaking up the glass of blue liquid that always gets spilled on them. Except the one they compare it with. They always pick the shittest of the bunch that is just a glorified paper towel.

I'm right glad I'm not a girl.

And all can be worn whilst playing beach volleyball in a bikini.

My new Pet Hate...

The over-advertising of feminine hygiene products, especially at meal times. Do we really need to hear detail like "enhanced grip"? NO NEED. I'm also reliably informed that there's little difference between brands...

Or when the RSPCA advert comes on tv showing a scabby animal.

Yes, I'd love to see a dog with blisters and peeling bits while I have a mouthful of mince...

My Pet Hate today is the guy staying in the hotel I work in who called down last night wanting to know when breakfast was available.

I explained in detail that room service breakfast is available whenever he wants it but cooked breakfasts are only available after 6am.

We collected his breakfast card from the door and he wanted full cooked breakfast at 430am.

He went ballistic on the phone telling me the guy he spoke to last night assured him he would be able to recieve a cooked breakfast anytime he wanted.

I did point out that it was me he spoke to but this just resulted in him calling me a liar and informing me he would be "taking this further".

Go for it you freaking twat! :swearing:

Edit: He just came down demanding to see the Duty Manager. When he found out that was me he just started swearing and left.

• Upvote 2

My Pet Hate today is the guy staying in the hotel I work in who called down last night wanting to know when breakfast was available.

I explained in detail that room service breakfast is available whenever he wants it but cooked breakfasts are only available after 6am.

We collected his breakfast card from the door and he wanted full cooked breakfast at 430am.

He went ballistic on the phone telling me the guy he spoke to last night assured him he would be able to recieve a cooked breakfast anytime he wanted.

I did point out that it was me he spoke to but this just resulted in him calling me a liar and informing me he would be "taking this further".

Go for it you freaking twat! :swearing:

Edit: He just came down demanding to see the Duty Manager. When he found out that was me he just started swearing and left.

It's good when you catch people out for lying. I fell out with Rainbow City Taxis last year when I was waiting for a taxi which never turned up (when incidentally you were in town waiting for me and texting me to ask where the fuck I was - as usual). After half an hour I phoned them and asked where my taxi was and they said it had been, waited 15 minutes for me then given up and left. It turns out they had been waiting at Caiesdykes Road instead of Caiesdykes Drive so I was like "OK, fair enough, it was a mistake, but I've been waiting for half an hour, can you please send another taxi cos I am now very late".

Then, a few minutes later my mate turned up and offered me a lift. So I phoned the taxi company back and said I didn't want the taxi any more as their service had let me down and I had made other arrangements, and the guy starts being a dick and saying I've wasted their time. So I'm like "well it's your fault you went to the wrong address". He starts arguing with me and says pompously "We record all our calls and I've listened back to your first call, and you definitely said Caiesdykes Road".

Me - "You are definitely certain that I said Caiesdykes Road"

Taxi - "100%. I have you on tape ordering the taxi and you said Caiesdykes Road".

Me - "Well it was my girlfriend who made the call, and I'm pretty sure we don't sound alike. You're lying to me aren't you."

He hung up. (Incidentally, she definitely said Caiesdykes Drive, I was in the room when she was on the phone)

It's good when you catch people out for lying. I fell out with Rainbow City Taxis last year when I was waiting for a taxi which never turned up (when incidentally you were in town waiting for me and texting me to ask where the fuck I was - as usual). After half an hour I phoned them and asked where my taxi was and they said it had been, waited 15 minutes for me then given up and left. It turns out they had been waiting at Caiesdykes Road instead of Caiesdykes Drive so I was like "OK, fair enough, it was a mistake, but I've been waiting for half an hour, can you please send another taxi cos I am now very late".

Then, a few minutes later my mate turned up and offered me a lift. So I phoned the taxi company back and said I didn't want the taxi any more as their service had let me down and I had made other arrangements, and the guy starts being a dick and saying I've wasted their time. So I'm like "well it's your fault you went to the wrong address". He starts arguing with me and says pompously "We record all our calls and I've listened back to your first call, and you definitely said Caiesdykes Road".

Taxi - "100%. I have you on tape ordering the taxi and you said Caiesdykes Road".

Me - "Well it was my girlfriend who made the call, and I'm pretty sure we don't sound alike. You're lying to me aren't you."

He hung up. (Incidentally, she definitely said Caiesdykes Drive, I was in the room when she was on the phone)

thats amazing. :laughing:

Its great when you catch people out on stuff like that.

Haha.

Also nice work on spelling Caiesdykes. Everytime i say where i live i then to spell it.

thats amazing. :laughing:

Its great when you catch people out on stuff like that.

It was most satisfying, though I am starting to question whether it was Rainbow City or Comcabs. I'm going to say Rainbow City because I hate them.

Doncabs FTW. Much quicker than the others, and the only company that will actually give you an honest estimation of how long they will be. If they are going to be 45 minutes they will say "it's going to be about 45 minutes" rather than saying "there's a car on it's way for you now", then taking 45 minutes.