aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

It was most satisfying, though I am starting to question whether it was Rainbow City or Comcabs. I'm going to say Rainbow City because I hate them.

Doncabs FTW. Much quicker than the others, and the only company that will actually give you an honest estimation of how long they will be. If they are going to be 45 minutes they will say "it's going to be about 45 minutes" rather than saying "there's a car on it's way for you now", then taking 45 minutes.

I hate taxis in general.

Such a waste of money.

How the hell can they consider charging that much to take someone home?

I know people pay the price, so I guess thats why, but still.

Costs me like 12 to get from the tunnels to Danestone.

I think I'd rather walk....

I hate taxis in general.

Such a waste of money.

How the hell can they consider charging that much to take someone home?

I know people pay the price, so I guess thats why, but still.

Costs me like 12 to get from the tunnels to Danestone.

I think I'd rather walk....

It's especially bad in Aberdeen, taxis in Glasgow or Dundee don't cost nearly as much as the taxis here, the ones here are an absolute rip-off. That fare would probably be about 4 or 5 quid in Dundee. The buses here are much dearer as well.

I'll give you another taxi story while I'm here, Comcabs this time. I phoned one Saturday afternoon at 1.30 to book a taxi for 2.30 to take me to Pittodrie from South Anderson Drive. Only it was never appearing, so I phoned at 2.40, 2.50, 3.00 and they just kept saying "it's on it's way, it'll be there in 2 minutes". Fucking 3.30 it arrived, by the time I got to the game I'd missed the entire first half.

It's especially bad in Aberdeen, taxis in Glasgow or Dundee don't cost nearly as much as the taxis here, the ones here are an absolute rip-off. That fare would probably be about 4 or 5 quid in Dundee. The buses here are much dearer as well.

I'll give you another taxi story while I'm here, Comcabs this time. I phoned one Saturday afternoon at 1.30 to book a taxi for 2.30 to take me to Pittodrie from South Anderson Drive. Only it was never appearing, so I phoned at 2.40, 2.50, 3.00 and they just kept saying "it's on it's way, it'll be there in 2 minutes". Fucking 3.30 it arrived, by the time I got the game I'd missed the entire first half.

fucking hell, why the hell do they just piss about?

They could easily tell you that it ain't gonna happen, bet you could have walked there in the time they took to get to yours as well.

I always walk home these days, save so much money doing that. I work 6 nights a week, if I was to get a taxi home all those nights, I'd be losing out on 72 bucks a week. I enjoy the walk home anyways, takes about an hour, so I get to listen to 1 or 2 albums on my way home and I can sing as loud as I want because its like normally between 12am and 2am. :laughing:

fucking hell, why the hell do they just piss about?

They could easily tell you that it ain't gonna happen, bet you could have walked there in the time they took to get to yours as well.

I always walk home these days, save so much money doing that. I work 6 nights a week, if I was to get a taxi home all those nights, I'd be losing out on 72 bucks a week. I enjoy the walk home anyways, takes about an hour, so I get to listen to 1 or 2 albums on my way home and I can sing as loud as I want because its like normally between 12am and 2am. :laughing:

Man I'd be far too worried about getting mugged to have my headphones in walking home at 2am!

I was talking to the taxi driver that took me home last night, apparently 30 cabbies have handed back their licences so far this year and there is going to be repossessions of taxi's happening as well.

I once talked to a taxi driver who told me that he works from 10am till 6am, 6 or sometimes 7 days a week. He sleeps for 3 hours each night and then gets up and goes to work.

Absolutely ridiculous. It's not safe for him to be driving. He was almost drifting off on that particular journey, kept swerving all over the road.

never had any trouble whatsoever. Not even a passing comment from a wise ass group of neds.

No idea why to be honest. I'm not that intimidating am I?

I bet they were going to make a passing comment, but you were too busy singing along to Slipknot that they shit themselves and ran off into the trees to hide.

FUCK IT ALL, FUCK DIS WORLD, FUCK EVRYTNG TAT U STAND 4!!!

I bet they were going to make a passing comment, but you were too busy singing along to Slipknot that they shit themselves and ran off into the trees to hide.

FUCK IT ALL, FUCK DIS WORLD, FUCK EVRYTNG TAT U STAND 4!!!

that sounds like the time I was with my buddy Arnie Schwarzenneger, what an embaressment he was :moody:

I'd be losing out on 72 bucks a week.

:swearing: I can't stand the use of the word 'bucks' to talk about pounds. Why the hell people have taken an American word for their currency and using it here is entirely beyond me.

It would be like calling 1 euro a quid, or something.

:swearing: I can't stand the use of the word 'bucks' to talk about pounds. Why the hell people have taken an American word for their currency and using it here is entirely beyond me.

It would be like calling 1 euro a quid, or something.

or calling a guy who lives in Poland an "internet Tosser"

No its Richard Cockburn.

It's pronounced Coburn.

It wasn't my parents being cruel either. I wasn't born with that surname but had it changed when i was about 5 years old.

Just a rather unfortunate quirk of fate.

Yeah thats why I was thought is how you pronounce it - like in cockburn street in edinburgh :)