aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Government initiatives to keep minority languages alive by passing law that everything should be bilingual even though everyone understands English. Probably not something that affects many people but it regularly complicates my day and it costs a lot of taxpayers money (whilst creating lots of jobs in translation services).  

People who say 'i'm so OCD about...'

equally, people who complain about people saying 'I'm so OCD about...' and get uppity about the fact the person saying it doesn't really have OCD.

Either way (whether seriously afflicted or not) I don't care and don't want to hear the argument anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a small supplier chasing us for payment for an order I raised in our system in fucking December. It's now 4 months since they sent us an invoice and it's still not been paid!  I work for a very big company, it's embarrassing how bad we are at paying suppliers. Not even through deliberate acts, just sheer incompetence.  After chasing this one for a couple of days it ended up being rejected because the renewal date on the PO didn't match the one on the invoice. The really frustrating thing was I didn't put a date on the original order, procurement just dreamt one up and added it to the PO then rejected the invoice when the date on it didn't match the PO. Fucking hell.

After pointing out that we've now been using a service for 8 months without paying for it and doing a colossal amount of chasing we've now got it approved and sent out. 

I've had other ones that I thought had gone through with no problems only to get an email from the supplier a few months later wondering why it's not been paid, usually it's just sitting in someone's queue in the system waiting for approval and they can't be arsed clicking a button.

The amounts aren't massive but this kind of stuff could break small companies.  Not cool.