aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

You can still go hand picking strawberries and stuff in the summer.

Pet Hate - Those stupid video adverts that automatically play when you go onto certain web sites like Talk sport. You open 10 tabs to read different stories and the fucking thing starts up 10 times! Does anyone ever actually let those videos play out or pay any attention to them? 

You can still go hand picking strawberries and stuff in the summer.

Pet Hate - Those stupid video adverts that automatically play when you go onto certain web sites like Talk sport. You open 10 tabs to read different stories and the fucking thing starts up 10 times! Does anyone ever actually let those videos play out or pay any attention to them? 

Good pet hate. So bugging. 101GreatGoals is bad for that too.

This month is going to be SHIT at work. The University term dates are changing so we have all our deadlines AND the most stressful day of the year (my exam boards) crammed into two weeks. For larger departments who have the staff it's okay, but in my department it's horrific. 

Also auto-play videos.Fuck those too. 

I'm worried about that change in term dates too, although maybe more for how crazy it'll be next year than at the moment.  The worst time of year for me is often around the time the second semester starts because you get the get the two semesters 'colliding' (marking and reports to finish for the first semester and then everything to set up for the second).  The change in dates is only going to make them collide even more I reckon.

It also means our Summer is totally shit this year. Graduation too soon after Exam Boards, re-sits in JULY and then term starts back really early. We've got three/four folk trying to work in their holiday hours and not enough time. Manager actually said 'take them at the end of May'. 

When the exams are on? Good one. 

But yes, the whole change in term dates is a pet hate too.

The main problem is trying to implement too many big changes at once.

No matter how annoying, unnecessary and poorly-conceived those big changes might be, just keep in mind that instigating them is keeping much of the upper level management in jobs.  And it would obviously be terrible to put them out of a job.

• Upvote 1