aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Is salty porridge a Scottish thing? Seems common around these parts, but totally alien to me, and my palette doesn't appreciate it. Folk at work seem to have their salty porridge oats with water and not milk. Isn't that essentially gruel?

I don't care for salty foods in general. Probably why I also don't care for rowies. Or gruel. I'd rather have a sugary porridge, or with a blob of jam. Then again, porridge is very low down on my cereal pecking order anyway.

I make mines with water and salt, i add cold milk ontop when eating it. Anything else is just wrong imo. 

Some wifey at work is being a bitch. She consistently avoids helping service users and jumps at the chance to stay in the kitchen. Even then she's worse. She never washes her hands when preparing food and serving it. She never washes the tables properly. At nights we have to wash them again as their dirty. Today some service users dropped food on the floor and she gave no thought to cleaning it up. Instead me a volunteer had to search the building for a sweeping brush and do it myself. She's well pissing me off.