aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I have this desk at work and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. I've just placed my other office items (laptop, monitor, phone) on top of it but I can't be sure that I'm doing it right, tbh.

I wish they'd just provided instructions so that I knew. :(

You'd think that there would be formal training given when new furniture is installed.

Sky Go. Why is it so terrible? My internet is megafast. Netflix and iPlayer are grand. BT Sport is fine too. Sky constantly buffers.

It's taken nearly 2 hours to watch an episode of Game of Thrones. If I watch live football on my laptop, I usually end up 15 minutes behind by the end, from all the buffering.

I'll just illegally download everything from now on.

Sky Go. Why is it so terrible? My internet is megafast. Netflix and iPlayer are grand. BT Sport is fine too. Sky constantly buffers.

It's taken nearly 2 hours to watch an episode of Game of Thrones. If I watch live football on my laptop, I usually end up 15 minutes behind by the end, from all the buffering.

I'll just illegally download everything from now on.

Seems like there is an issue with Ios

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27062516

Seems like there is an issue with Ios

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27062516

That report says it's limited to iOS, which I don't use. This is on Windows and Xbox.

Worry not. The missus caught up with Game of Thrones via illegal methods, and I'll just stick to the Russian football streams which are more reliable and higher quality than Sky.

How does that work? You can't buy booze anywhere or just in the pubs? Are the pubs still open and just don't serve alcohol? How backwards. Fascinating.

Nope. Everywhere. Pubs, restaurants, supermarkets, off licenses, the whole lot. It's illegal. Pubs are closed, some restaurants open but they can only serve soft drinks.

Even the tourist pubs? What about the Guinness brewery and all those tourists?

I've just told this to folk around me in the office and everyone's a bit incredulous about it.

The Guinness brewery is closed and the pubs are closed. They can open but by law they can't serve alcohol, so there's no point. I know, it's fucked up.

Does the law prevent the sale of alcohol? Or does it actually also try and prevent the consumption at home etc? Interesting.

No, you can drink it but you can't buy it. There's a few little music festival things, raves, and stuff that go on out in the country that you can bring your own booze to.

A Good Friday in store for 5,000 revellers at secret location

EDIT - Sorry Colb, I didn't look at your link before I posted that.