aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Mr Thinker attended a screening of the film 'Rush' at Cineworld. However, there was a technical issue resulting in the film being unable to be shown, apparently a problem with a corrupt download. This resulted in Mr Thinker having to sit in the cinema waiting for the issue to be sorted out, and while waiting, the cinema played various theme tunes for everyone's entertainment. After 40 minutes, it appears that the issue was still unresolved, so Mr Thinker left the cinema However as he was leaving, a particular theme started playing, which Mr Thinker actually likes, as opposed to all the other themes played previously, which he does not.

An unfortunate series of events for Mr Thinker, and I do hope he was suitable recompensed.

Thanks for the translation Frosty Jack. That makes far more sense now. 

Guest Cool Thinker

What's your evidence that it was corrupt download? You speculate an awful lot. Just the facts please ma'am.

The staff came into the screen and said it them selves. It was a full screen ask Dallas you know the guy that pretty much runs The Belmont he was there. Ask Him.

He stayed an another hour after me and just as it was about to start he left.

Edited by Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

Had to go back to the original post to see if I could make sense of it now with the translation. Cool thinker you don't like the Jurassic Park or James Bond music? What the fuck is wrong with you?

I go to the cinema alot and it is also always the same music apart from Chinese one which comes on every now and again along with the Space Invaders song.

Guest Cool Thinker

Mr Thinker attended a screening of the film 'Rush' at Cineworld. However, there was a technical issue resulting in the film being unable to be shown, apparently a problem with a corrupt download. This resulted in Mr Thinker having to sit in the cinema waiting for the issue to be sorted out, and while waiting, the cinema played various theme tunes for everyone's entertainment. After 40 minutes, it appears that the issue was still unresolved, so Mr Thinker left the cinema However as he was leaving, a particular theme started playing, which Mr Thinker actually likes, as opposed to all the other themes played previously, which he does not.

An unfortunate series of events for Mr Thinker, and I do hope he was suitable recompensed.

The film was a preview screening meaning it will not be shown again until Friday 13th September 2013. Here is a timeline of the events at the cinema.

8.20pm - Cool Thinker arrives in the screen and sits down.

8.30pm - The adverts were due to come on but nothing happens

8.40pm - Cool Thinker hears the person behind him say to his friend of how he bought Pringles in Tesco only to find they went out of date in 2010.

8.45pm - Staff come in to say something is not right with the projector.

9.00pm - Staff come in again and say that due to a corrupt file the film will need to be re-downloaded which could take up to 45 mins. They offered refunds on food and drink.

9.05pm - Cool Thinker leaves as he would miss the last bus home if he stayed and waited for it.

Some people waited but from what I am told the movie never did play. The same issue happened at Cineworld Stockport suggesting something has gone wrong with the distribution of the film and it is handy that they have found this out early. It was also a hot day and I had sunstroke so I was confused as to why everyone has Starbucks coffee.

Edited by Cool Thinker
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Past few weeks I've been in crutches and this has become more of a pet hate than ever before. Been walked into a million times. One guy almost completely toppled me over, didnt say a word when he did it either so I poked him hard with my crutch and called him a prick. He looked like a total cunt so I didnt feel bad about it either. I got a nod of approval from a guy walking beside me too.

Well done you ... I think we need a smartphone vigilante group...  I think smartphones are more addictive than heroin ... not that that I've tried smack/skag/H or whatever the current parlance for it is ...

I do have a smartphone ... but I use it in a stupid manner ... so I think that cancels out nicely... 

I moan about this all the time, but it's when perfectly good junk food is ruined by a "new recipe" that's removed all the artifical colourings and flavourings, or had the salt or sugar content reduced. I'm fairly snackwise, while I enjoy junk food, I understand that I should eat it in moderation, because I know it's unhealthy shite. So stop trying to change it and persuade me it's not shite any more, while also ruining the flavour. I know sweeties are full of sugar and E-numbers and I'm OK with that. If I want to eat something healthy, I'll have a fucking apple.

Foods which have been ruined by new recipes:

Wine Gums
Fruit Pastilles
Twister
Smarties
Tutti Fruttis
Vice Versas
Cheesy Pasta
Chicken & Mushroom Pot Noodle
Sprite
Crunch Bar
Jelly Babies

I don't understand why more people aren't annoyed about this.

In tribute to Cool Thinker, here's a timeline of today's disppointment.

17:30 - Lucky Rathen goes to the local Centra next to work and buys a bag of Wine Gums for 1 Euro.

17:35 - Lucky starts eating the Wine Gums and realises they are shit now.

17:45 - Lucky eats the entire bag.

17:50 - Lucky complains about it on Aberdeen Music.

It's like fizzy water. There's Sprite Zero FFS. I can just drink that if I don't want sugar.

Aye this, It's the same when they stopped frying those ten pence crisps and began baking them so they were healthier a few years ago. We are talking about pieces of industrial maize coated in a cheeseburger flavoured dust. Is it really going to make a difference if it's baked?

It's certainly one of the few options. Keep it in your flat and stink the place out. Keep it in the hallway and stink the hallway out or shove with the rest of the bags next to the bin. What's your solution?

Walk across the road and put it in the non-overflowing bin there.

Edited by MattJimF
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1