aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Pet Hate - People who come into the cinema screen late after the movie has started yet still use the torches on their phones distracting people from the movie.

I agree with this entirely. Drives me fucking mad, I make a point of getting in and sat down early, then people stroll in 20 minutes after the advertised time and interrupt the start of the film, and fuck around trying to find 3 seats together or whatever. They should make it a rule that once the film starts you aren't allowed in.

Cinema rules should be:

1 - Be in and sat down before the lights go down, or tough shit you're not getting in. No refunds.

2 - No-one is allowed out for a piss.

3 - Anyone caught using a mobile phone for ANY reason after the bit where it says "please turn off your phone" will have their hands cut off.

4 - NO. TALKING. ALLOWED.

5 - No food that rustles. Crisps are out. Any sweets that come individually wrapped. People don't realise how loud their sweetie papers are.

6 - Popcorn is also banned. People with their hands in it is too noisy. People can surely manage to sit still for two hours without stuffing their fat faces anyway. In fact, all food is banned. And juice. That straw noise is unacceptable. I'll allow tea and coffee but any slurpers will be immediately ejected.

7 - Cinema staff have to wait until the end of the credits before coming in and cleaning up. I like to sit until the end and they make me feel like I'm in their way since they can't start cleaning until I leave.

8 - Groups of teenagers have to be seperated and scattered throughout the cinema to prevent playacting.

9 - Crying children will be banned for life.

10 - No 3D films.

If I owned a cinema it would be the best cinema ever.

I went to the cinema last night. Got my tickets online way in advance but got into the screen pretty late coz i'm currently on crutches and didn't fancy standing in line (still got in well before the trailers had even started - coz i'm not an animal). Had to sit right at the front because of this stupid 'no seat numbers' pish. I'm all for avoiding having to tell people they're in your seat but just let me choose where I want to sit for fuck sake. The seats I got should have been cheaper than the good viewing positions. Everyone's face was all bent and long and my eyes/neck hurt by the end. At 10+ quid a pop I wish I'd just pirated the movie instead.

Dunno if it's been mentioned recently, but Sky Sports football is weird now. Top Gear-style live audience?

"Oh yeah man, I can't wait to get down to the Sky HQ and watch the game on the big screen and then listen to Jamie Redknapp say things, live, in the flesh. See you there!"

Was it just a kneejerk "Shit. Let's do what BT are doing" response? It's weird, is what it is.

Dunno if it's been mentioned recently, but Sky Sports football is weird now. Top Gear-style live audience?

"Oh yeah man, I can't wait to get down to the Sky HQ and watch the game on the big screen and then listen to Jamie Redknapp say things, live, in the flesh. See you there!"

Was it just a kneejerk "Shit. Let's do what BT are doing" response? It's weird, is what it is.

I was reading an article last week criticising Match Of The Day for its "dated" format. I didn't really get that. How many other ways are there to present football? You show the highlights then some people talk about it. It's fairly standard across the world. I prefer that to Sky with their "SkyPad" and their touchscreen nonsense. Gimmicky shite.

Pundits are dated. Get rid of them. I don't need an explanation of how goals were scored. I saw them with my own eyes. I don't need Hansen to tell me all about "Pace. Power. Precision". Show me the highlights. Then show me the next highlights. Tell Shearer and Hansen to get a new job, because they are redundant. Pundits during half time on live games, yeah, good. Highlights? Jog on. Show me the highlights. Cut MOTD down by about half an hour. In bed by a reasonable hour. Lovely.

• Upvote 2

Pundits are dated. Get rid of them. I don't need an explanation of how goals were scored. I saw them with my own eyes. I don't need Hansen to tell me all about "Pace. Power. Precision". Show me the highlights. Then show me the next highlights. Tell Shearer and Hansen to get a new job, because they are redundant. Pundits during half time on live games, yeah, good. Highlights? Jog on. Show me the highlights. Cut MOTD down by about half an hour. In bed by a reasonable hour. Lovely.

I don't mind the pundits, although I do hate certain ones. If they point out things that I missed, nice team moves, defensive balls ups etc, they have a place, but yeah 10 minutes of Shearer and Hansen droning out about 5 minutes of highlights is too much. I like MOTD's new thing of having one old fart and one young guy, keeps it fresh.

Silicone sealant.  Trying to re-do round my bathroom sink.  Such a mess.  Perhaps the one substance on Earth that's actually more difficult to apply than liquid eyeliner.  Plus it seems to be giving off acetic acid?  My whole bathroom stinks of vinegar now. Lovely.

Get one of those J cloths, wrap it round your finger and wet it, then run your finger along the sealant you have just applied, makes it look all nice and professional. Unless of course it is a problem gaining access to the bit you are trying to apply the sealant to then yes it's just a nightmarelol

Get one of those J cloths, wrap it round your finger and wet it, then run your finger along the sealant you have just applied, makes it look all nice and professional. Unless of course it is a problem gaining access to the bit you are trying to apply the sealant to then yes it's just a nightmarelol

That's a good tip.  If in the incredibly likely event I have to scrape it off and re-apply, I'll definitely be trying that.

I have some plastic hoojies that do the same thing with a few different curve diameters, they work not bad (top tip is still to wet them slightly) but I found the finger in cloth works best as your finger obviously has a bit of give so if the gap is uneven it doesn't matter so much.

I pretty much loathe DIY but in my last house I ripped out the old bathroom and installed a new one. Took me about 2 years to finish because I just can't be arsed. I took 2 weeks off work and thought I would have it done. Took me about a week just to rip out the old one and get all the tiles off the wall. I'd be rubbish at estimating for jobs.

Pretty sure I probably didnt do it right, always waiting to hear that the entire bathroom fell through the floor due to gross leakage.