aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Young Adolesent

Changing strings every two weeks for the amount you say you play seems quite excessive.

d'dadrios on my acoustics rust quikly and my acoustics are my main priority. So the first sign of rusting and i get it restrung

I've never seen the point of changing strings unless I've broken some. I've never really noticed any difference in sound other than newer strings sounding brighter, which is something that i don't particularly like.

i have playing on rusty/ old string they just dont feel right. Im talking about my acoustics so bright is the best way to have them

d'dadrios on my acoustics rust quikly and my acoustics are my main priority. So the first sign of rusting and i get it restrung

i have playing on rusty/ old string they just dont feel right. Im talking about my acoustics so bright is the best way to have them

2 weeks seems incredibly quick for them to go rusty. Or do you store it in the bathroom/sauna/bottom of a pond?

Guest Young Adolesent

2 weeks seems incredibly quick for them to go rusty. Or do you store it in the bathroom/sauna/bottom of a pond?

they just get used a lot since i lend my mate my acoustics for recording with

Leaving old strings on the floor is a terrific way to break your hoover.

thats why its my mums job
  • Downvote 1

Guest Young Adolesent

I do a lot of housework actually hoovering is my strong point and cooking im shit at. Cant even cook an egg :(

edit~ i usually am too busy cleaning or i stick to cutting the grass. Were in the middle of decorating so my life is even busier. Dont know how im gonna fit the gym in now aswell

Edited by Young Adolesent

I do a lot of housework actually hoovering is my strong point and cooking im shit at. Cant even cook an egg :(

edit~ i usually am too busy cleaning or i stick to cutting the grass. Were in the middle of decorating so my life is even busier. Dont know how im gonna fit the gym in now aswell

When I was your age all I did was play guitar and masturbate. That's why I'm so great at both.

tumblr_mjbe99xogs1rxahm2o1_500.jpg?w=590

• Upvote 1

Sketchy neighbours.

There's a kid that lives in my builiding whose behaviour has always been erratic but recently it's hit new heights. Here's the story:

- his flatmate gets 'robbed' whilst he was in the flat (computer and money gone)

- he says he didn't hear anything (everyone knows it was him)

- there's an eviction notice on the door for a week

- flatmate moves out saying she's been giving him rent money and he's been pocketing it.

- we catch him climbing up the fire escape at 5 in the morning trying to break into his own flat

- he's all nicey nicey apologetic saying he lost his keys, etc

- he somehow manages to break both his legs (says he doesn't know how he did it). He's come home with bloody noses, black eyes in the past too.

- now his power has been off for about 2 weeks and we catch him trying to ghetto-rig power from the basement (he says the elec company are fucking him over)

he's quite clearly got a drug problem, owes money all over the place to nasty people. Somehow though, he's always on facebook with smiley, humblebrag updates about being some in-demand fashion photographer. I kinda feel sorry for him but can't help being a bit worried we're gonna come home to a robbed flat or something.

Moving house with BT is horrendous.

Sky is a piece of piss. Redirecting mail? A doddle. British Gas? No problem. BT? Fuuuuuuuu. Just switch off the currently supply and switch it on at a different address, no? No. It's just not that easy. They say they'll switch off your current supply the day after your move, but they don't. It usually happens a week prior, or has done for me on 2 occasions. Then when you get to your new house, they give you a date for connection which you think "Yeah. that's okay. Could be worse". Then you'll probably get another letter with the date pushed back 3 weeks, for no apparent reason

They will bring it back if you yell at them. Threatening them helps. Don't rule out getting a bit racist. (not really)