aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Young Adolesent

You don't have time to restring it but you have time to take it into a shop to get them to restring it?

usually i drop it off and pick it up the next day or if im in town shopping i usually drop my guitar off and pick it up when im done. My school is in town also so lunchtime i drop it off and its there for me later Edited by Young Adolesent

Guest Young Adolesent

You actually blow my mind.

wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-252

how i work most nights i go to school i volunteer on weekends i simply have no time as im too tired or busy to do it. I should really invest in a butler

Guest Young Adolesent

no because i only restring it when im down that way. school days or when im outshopping

edit~ right now the strings on my customized acoustic are black. i dont have time as i work

Edited by Young Adolesent

Guest Young Adolesent

so how do you make time to play the actual guitar?

trust me its hard, most of the time i get to play is my jam session with my neighbour every tuesday for 1 hour or my guitar lessons otherwise its the odd few minutes.

Guest Young Adolesent

wtf.gif

sorry my fault i did not make that sound clear enough

the only time i make to play guitar is when A) im jamming with my neighbour which i dont do much anymore B) band practice C) when im walking past it and pick it up for a minute or two D) guitar lessons. this only adds up to about 3 hours a week out of a possible 84 hours 

sorry my fault i did not make that sound clear enough

the only time i make to play guitar is when A) im jamming with my neighbour which i dont do much anymore B) band practice C) when im walking past it and pick it up for a minute or two D) guitar lessons. this only adds up to about 3 hours a week out of a possible 84 hours 

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough...

It takes a maximum of 10 minutes to restring a guitar. Something tells em that it would take longer than 10 minutes to take the guitar down to the shop, tell them what you want, return to where you were, then return to the shop, then return to the wherever you need to be.

And if it doesn't, then you must live, work, jam and go to school on the green. Though I'm fairly certain there's no schools in that area.

I think my point is still different to yours. I wouldn't really get someone to restring my guitars. It's something I can do whilst watching the telly or whatever. It's really no big deal. Not worth the hassle for me to drop it off and pick it up. But, if it works for you and your supposedly busy lifestyle, then fair enough. If someone is willing to do it for free, then can't fault that, but still. It feels like the equivalent of getting someone to tie my shoes. It's just something I've never needed help with...

Guest Young Adolesent

When i do restringing i just leave the old strings on the floor. Definately wakes my sister up when shes hung over. One i had a g string go right thtough my hand :(