aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Apple in general is shit at the moment. Nothing has improved since what's his face took over.

The podcasts app is the biggest piece of badly-thought-out junk i've ever seen them produce.

The maps app is a joke

Anyone had to set up a new mac recently?... it used to be so simple my granny could do it... now it involves ticking boxes, logging in and out of the apple website, entering product serial numbers.

iCloud is total wank. You buy a phone with x amount of local storage and you are pummeled into submission until you sign up to link an icloud account for wireless storage/backup, yet they give you a measly amount of cloud space that's way less than your phone's storage.

Facebook and twitter integration is supposed to be amazing in iOS6 yet you can't do fuck all... it's pointlessly limited to simple sharing so you can't tag people, etc. They shouldn't have even bothered.

Don't get me started with the fact that despite turning it off about 5 times, I still see random facebook friends' bdays on my calendar.

Their online customer service is non-existent. You would think after years of loyal patronage and thousands of pounds spent, they would at least email me back regarding a small hiccup with one of my apple account. Got fuck all back after emailing and calling multiple times.

Oooh... the transition from mobileme to icloud... that was an atrocity. My girlfriend's email account just one day stopped working and is now irretreivable. Apple's response was 'there's nothing we can do... we don't support mobileme anymore'

• Upvote 1

"Up next on Radio 2 is Bastille with Pompeii."

They play this fucking song around 800000 times a day on Radio Cunting 2. it wouldnt be that bad if it was a semi decent song but it is the worst kind of indie bollocks. I also hate how they stylise their name as B?STILLE. Utter cunts. Everyone should call them btrianglestille until they put a fucking A instead of a triangle.

What is it with band names and shite these days? CHVRCHES? Also every Mum's favourite band fun. A band who insist whenever their band name is written it must be in lowercase and have a full stop after it. Wankers. Also they have a lad in their band who wears specs and is about as photogenic as a lobster on acid.

fun-456-1117-12.jpg

Edited by Flights
  • Upvote 5

"Up next on Radio 2 is Bastille with Pompeii."

They play this fucking song around 800000 times a day on Radio Cunting 2. it wouldnt be that bad if it was a semi decent song but it is the worst kind of indie bollocks. I also hate how they stylise their name as B?STILLE. Utter cunts. Everyone should call them btrianglestille until they put a fucking A instead of a triangle.

is that triangle not a delta so it would read bdeltastille.  Maybe in the official band logo its more triangle than delta, they want to sort that shit out though.. 

What the fuck is up with the latest version of Facebook on the iphone? Messages are opened and closed in a stupidly cumbersome drag and drop a baffling thing to change, as I couldn't see any problem with the old design. Oh aye, and you basically get whatever update to the news feed it wants. Gaps of 6 hours between posts seems a bit unlikely (even if all my internet friends weren't posting, plenty of bands and shit would be), but that's the kind of thing I'm seeing on my phone since I've updated. It updates in any old order too, despite me setting it to most recent. So I get 8 hours, then 10 minutes ago and shit like that. I DON'T LIKE THIS.

WHY CHANGE THINGS?!

It's a Spanish word. "azo" is a suffix which can added to some nouns and basically just means great. So golazo means great goal. Another example is partido, meaning match and partidazo which means great match.

I'm guessing that the extensive coverage and interest in La Liga over recent years has led to it's use by some English speaking football fans. 

I work in recruitment sometimes, can I please request that every person in the world stops putting "I work well individually or as part of a team" in their cover letter. It's in EVERY SINGLE cover letter. It doesn't make you stand out. It's a stupid stock sentence that you've put in there to pad out your cover letter. EVERYBODY CAN WORK WELL INDIVIDUALLY OR AS PART OF A TEAM. THAT IS NOT A SKILL, IT'S A BASIC REQUIREMENT.

The funniest job-related thing I ever came across was being in a series of interviews with one of my old bosses. We were hiring an iPad designer and the first thing he'd do when they came in was hand them an iPad and say 'What is this?'

Most candidates would say 'um it's an iPad?'

Then he'd sit there and stare at them for about 30 cringe-inducing seconds untill they felt compelled to talk more

Then they would say something like "but it's so much more... it's a portal to another world... it's what connects us blah blah". Some of the wankiest wank i've ever heard. And my cunt of a boss would be totally lapping it up, beaming to himself like he's the most ingenious interviewer ever. At every moment of cringe I wanted to just butt in and say 'I know you're trying really hard here but I'd like to stress i'm not a part of this wankfest... he's just gonna hire the person who's the cheapest and has designed for iPad before anyway so it doesn't really matter what you say, you're just inflating his ego"

If I take out all the people who use ridiculous text-speak in their cover letter, don't spell-check their CV (or use Comic Sans), or just plain don't attach their CV I reckon I'm probably left with a shortlist of about 20% of the original applicants. I genuinely got this application the other day:

I would like to apply for the position advertised above.
I feel i can beneifit the team as i am highly motivated, i can work on my own inciative,I am fully felexable, i am highly driven and push myself to suceed in everything that i do,i am customer focused as every job i have been employed in has had general dealings with the public and i understand how important customer service is.

I hope all the information i have provided has been relevent if u require any additionall information please dont hesitate to contact me i look forward to hearing from you.

wastepaper-bin-18rtv69.JPG

That's a good one. There are so many recruitment related pet hates out there.

You may as well put...

"I can breathe air and successfully put one foot in front of the other causing forward motion on a daily basis"

To be fair, putting that on your cover letter would probably make you stand out.

Related pet hate:

Double negatives e.g. I didn't see nothing or I ain't never.

It don't make no sense to my ears and eyes.