aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Won't name them until I've spoken to them.

Managed to come to a friendly agreement with the garage about the windscreen so won't name and shame on here.  Just have to wait for Autoglass to find time in their schedule to fix the thing now.

No matter how much I said it, no one wanted to stay on the M8, they wanted to cut down in to "city centre".

Getting lost in Glasgow and missing 3 bands is my pet hate.

How the fuck can you get lost when I'm willing to bet every one of you had a map feature on your fucking phone?

xx

How the fuck can you get lost when I'm willing to bet every one of you had a map feature on your fucking phone?

xx

I did. Fucking birds eh. My pal Fraser was driving. I had maps on my phone on the go. 

Jake - "Stay on M8"

Fraser - "But that says Kilmarnock"

Jake - "Aye, I know. But that's the annoying thing about getting in to Glasgow, go against everything you know is right. Up is down, black is white, I'm a cool guy in Glasgow"

Anna enters the stage

Anna - "LOOK! City Centre! Take this exit!"

Jake - "No no no no no. Trust me. I know what I'm doing"

Anna - "Nahh let's take it".

We pull over, lost, Fraser puts in ABC Glasgow in to a satnav app. The satnav was wrong. We drive out to the middle of nowhere. He pulls over again, googles ABC address, puts it in again. We get there far too late. Miss 3 bands. Saw 3. What should have took 2 and a half hours, took about 4/5. 

Inappropriate and/or loud conversations in public places.

I was trying to enjoy a quiet breakfast on my tod on saturday morning in a wee cafe. Three load as fuck people sat next to me, quite clearly trying to grab attention by discussing disgusting things in a 'look at me, I'm so open about sexuality... so taboo breaking' kind of way.

"I've never had a proper threesome... I mean I've sucked two dicks at the same time, but that doesn't count... never had it in both holes at once"

I don't give a fuck what you do in your spare time, just keep it the fuck down a bit you fugly hoor. I got up and left soon after they steered their conversation that way and heard them giggling, as if they'd managed to offend my sensibilities but really I just wanted some peace and quiet.

Inappropriate and/or loud conversations in public places.

I was trying to enjoy a quiet breakfast on my tod on saturday morning in a wee cafe. Three load as fuck people sat next to me, quite clearly trying to grab attention by discussing disgusting things in a 'look at me, I'm so open about sexuality... so taboo breaking' kind of way.

"I've never had a proper threesome... I mean I've sucked two dicks at the same time, but that doesn't count... never had it in both holes at once"

I don't give a fuck what you do in your spare time, just keep it the fuck down a bit you fugly hoor. I got up and left soon after they steered their conversation that way and heard them giggling, as if they'd managed to offend my sensibilities but really I just wanted some peace and quiet.

OMG THAT'S SO SAMANTHA!

This seems to be quite common these days. It's like groups of assholes have decided amongst themselves that they're going to compete against each other globally to see who can boast about really tedious things in the loudest voice.

It's the worst when this happens nearby and you're on your own. I quite enjoy when people have that kind of conversation around me when I'm with friends, so that I can exclaim things like "I wish I was liberated!" and "I'm so oppressed!" sarcastically in a loud voice. Passive aggression is always the way forward.

Edited by kirsten
  • Upvote 3

People telling stories throwing in "pause for laughter" moments. Especially when they use these pauses to try to instigate laughter by starting to laugh themselves.

This gets promoted from Pet Hate to Punchable Cuntery if they are quoting a comedian verbatim and keep the laugh-pauses in there anyway.

xx

• Upvote 2

People telling stories throwing in "pause for laughter" moments. Especially when they use these pauses to try to instigate laughter by starting to laugh themselves.

This gets promoted from Pet Hate to Punchable Cuntery if they are quoting a comedian verbatim and keep the laugh-pauses in there anyway.

xx

I've got a old mate who is (thinks he is) a comedian. Conversation with him now is impossible as it's all scripted. He constantly brings up topics that he's written a joke about so he can set up his jokes. Also he also refers to jokes as 'funnies' as a joke is something you get in a cracker apparently. It's proper grim.

• Upvote 1

I've got a old mate who is (thinks he is) a comedian. Conversation with him now is impossible as it's all scripted. He constantly brings up topics that he's written a joke about so he can set up his jokes. Also he also refers to jokes as 'funnies' as a joke is something you get in a cracker apparently. It's proper grim.

Isn't that what Splinter from the Ninja Turtles does?

• Upvote 3

That's a bit GOB of him

Sounds like the type of person who you can't have a regular conversation with because instead of reacting to funny things you say by laughing he'll be a bit jealous he didn't say it and reply 'oh that's funny'. I hate people who are constantly 'doing bits'.

On a coincidentally similar note - I went to a TERRIBLE comedy show last wknd. It was fucking painful. About 5 or 6 comedians, a 2hr show and I counted maybe 5 actual jokes. The rest was god-awful 'crowd work'.

"Where you from?... Australia?... *adopts shitty accent* hey mayte! Barbeque! Kangaroos!"

then the next comedian would come out AND DO THE EXACT SAME THING. This one girl must have been asked where she was from about 5 times. I'm in no way a heckler and I generally try avoid being seen/heard at any comedy show but I couldn't help let out a loud groan when the last guy did the same shtick. I didn't even mean to, it just came out. I felt a bit bad coz he definitely heard me.

• Upvote 2

I hate it when I (totally legitimately) download mp3s from those filesharing websites which I'm certain are endorsed by the artists (right?), and these pirate bastards haven't even labelled the tracks properly. No artist, or track name. So I've got to sit here, and go through each track, which I very honestly obtained from trustworthy sources, and type all the details in manually, like it's 1998 or something. Life is pain.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 1