aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

You get drinks and food on East Coast trains too. I travelled First Class from Edinburgh -< Aberdeen once due to it only being a £2 upcharge or something like that. Nothing to write home about but I remember the chairs being recliners and having a bit of extra leg room so you may have appreciated it. I'm short though so makes no difference to me.

I usually get in quick and call dibs on those elderley/disabled seats with the humongous legroom. Not sure why old people need more legroom than young people, but apparently they do. The only time I get the train is to go to my Dads which is a monsterous 7 hour journey so fuck the disabled and the oldies. I'm getting legroom since I'm massive. Each carriage has 4 pairs of these seats anyway, so I don't really feel like a bastard.

I went into the bank today, as work didn't explain how my pay would be worked out properly, and they can't up my overdraft or even give me a student credit card until I'm on my normal pay because my account is flagged - he didn't pay council tax or electric on time, and debt collectors got involved, and apparently because we had a joint account we are "linked"?

The lovely guy in the bank explained it should have been a really straight forward thing, and I should be able to get a credit card to problem to tide me over until I'm on my full monthly salary. They could see I've been paying off an old card (that I no longer have access to because I never use it). Apparently his bad credit even prevents me from accessing that cards total, as they could have done a simple transfer and I would have been fine. Gah, pissed off

I went into the bank today, as work didn't explain how my pay would be worked out properly, and they can't up my overdraft or even give me a student credit card until I'm on my normal pay because my account is flagged - he didn't pay council tax or electric on time, and debt collectors got involved, and apparently because we had a joint account we are "linked"?

Is that that dude who visited all the sex-meetup sites and used to use this site?

Shit. Can that happen?!

yep, i got my credit rating checked through one of those free 30 day trials and then cancelled it cos im badass, fuck the system......

but yeah, anyone you have had any sort financial connection with (even both being on the same leasing agreement sometimes) can link you financially. I never had a joint account with my ex but we were linked through several things. It's garbage if the other person is a total wank cannon with money.

My ex and my current missus both have utter bollocks credit ratings, though I believe mine is still ok. Not necessarily bad, but not that high yet. I don't have any unsolicited debt that I'm being chased for but I have bought a couple of things in credit to try and build it up good, so I can hopefully get a mortgage one day. If my credit score gets wrecked all because women-be-shoppin, I'm going to go mental.

Credit scores are dumb anyway. You get a black mark on your profile if you apply for something and get declined. Way to kick the poor when they're down. Cunts.

Right on. It can take literally seconds to get a massive fucking stain on your credit score that can take years and years and fucking years to fix. It's completely counter-productive.

Fuck banks, man. Why can't I keep my money in a jar, away THE MAN and his fucking prying hands, the little shitty cunt.

There are a thousand and one ways to make your credit score take a negative step, and one or two ways to improve it. In a few years, everyone is going to be poor as fuck, and there'll be bouncers on the doors of the banks, eyeing up who they let in and who the punt into the fucking road. I blame Thatcher, ten thousand per cent, the fucking horrid little witch.

REVOLT! UP THE PUNX!

Beers. I've had loads.

• Upvote 3

Being the only Scottish person on a stag do in a whisky bar. Everyone presumed I was an expert. Tried to tell them I wasnt but it wouldn't fly. The amount of times I had to just rattle off the whiskes I knew and what they taste like. Get fucking anything, if u don't know whisky chances are ul just say 'that's nice' so what does it matter?!

Also, titty bars. Fuckin hell they're shit! Am I gay or something? I'd rather chance my arm with some fully dressed prude in a bar than pay 20 quid for some eastern European splooge along my thigh. Horrid places.

• Upvote 1

Also, titty bars. Fuckin hell they're shit! Am I gay or something? I'd rather chance my arm with some fully dressed prude in a bar than pay 20 quid for some eastern European splooge along my thigh. Horrid places.

Titty bars - in this area at least - are for two kinds of people...

1. Moronic, loud mouthed, shaven headed, tattooed, earring wearing offshore rig-pigs

2. Faux middle-class office workers (the type who play online poker) who think it's "cool" to go these places - even more so if they can drag a client with them.

Both types are generally under the illusion that any of the worn-out, doe-eyed sploshers would actually consider having unpaid, consensual sex with them - "did ye see 'at wee hing Franco? - se wiz RIGHT intae me, min"

Even fat, ugly, anorak-wearing speccy cunts who canny get a burd have more taste than to go to these shitholes.

Ps - my old office is/was full of type 2's.

• Upvote 2

Being the only Scottish person on a stag do in a whisky bar. Everyone presumed I was an expert. Tried to tell them I wasnt but it wouldn't fly. The amount of times I had to just rattle off the whiskes I knew and what they taste like. Get fucking anything, if u don't know whisky chances are ul just say 'that's nice' so what does it matter?!

I love this guy