Guest idol_wild

eat less, do nothing = lose weight

eat same, do more = lose weight

eat more, do less = gain weight

eat less, do more = instant pussy magnet

got it.

I got it mate, but..... In my case ....

eat less, do less = Stay same weight

eat less, do more (I've been doing a lot of decorating) = Still stay same weight ? ... wtf ????

and I've never really been a pussy magnet !

(actually I'm a bit of a couch potato, and I've no excuse, as I do ALL the cooking as well !)

:laughing:

:D

• Upvote 1

Pet hate is a thread that moves too fast to warrant replying to something three pages ago. :(

But yeah about the cycling thing - I've been in a bit of a dilemma cycling on Great Western Road, up at the junction with Anderson Drive. It's so busy that cycling on it feels like attempting suicide. There's no way I could pick up enough speed so fast - especially at 17/18 - to get over the junction before someone killed me, surely.

So yes, then I would go onto the pavement and cross like a pedestrian. :(

Pet hate is a thread that moves too fast to warrant replying to something three pages ago. :(

But yeah about the cycling thing - I've been in a bit of a dilemma cycling on Great Western Road, up at the junction with Anderson Drive. It's so busy that cycling on it feels like attempting suicide. There's no way I could pick up enough speed so fast - especially at 17/18 - to get over the junction before someone killed me, surely.

I think that's forgivable. Above everything else you should be safe.

I would much rather a cyclist be safe. I know if I was biking in Aberdeen I would be on the pavement, in a suit of armor full of foam and stabilisers on. I used to ride my bike everywhere in town until I seen a lad getting ploughed into by an unattentive motorist. Properly grim.I don't think he died but he was pretty messed up. The driver was howling 'I've killed him oh my god' and various other statements of disbelief whilst on the phone to her 'bezzer' NOT the emergency services who she should of phoned. I found after that I lost all confidence in other road users and constantly had the fear of getting ran over and an Eastern European collecting my money floating above my flattened corpse GTA style.

Seriously though I'd arrive at where ever I was going shaking. After a few times of this my bike found it's self in my granny's shed until I moved back to the 'shire.

Another pet hate is when you type something, go back to change something, like putting in a missed letter and it writing over the text thats already there instead of pushing it along. I know there is bound to be an easy sort for this but I'm blind with rage.

While it is a useful indicator, is it not flawed in the same way as the BMI? I’m totally fucking stacked, and according to my BMI, I’m overweight.

It’s come at a good time for me as I can’t exercise for a few weeks due to an injury. I usually eat about 2,700-3,000 calories a day, but justify it by exercising 5 times a week. I’ve tried to cut down as I’ve put on a fuck-ton in the last week and a half (since I’ve been on my ass), but this is saying I should eat 1,900 cals to maintain my current weight. Seems a good goal. I might round it up to 2,000 though.

Guest Gladstone
Another pet hate is when you type something, go back to change something, like putting in a missed letter and it writing over the text thats already there instead of pushing it along. I know there is bound to be an easy sort for this but I'm blind with rage.

The "Insert" button on your keyboard should fix that problem I think.

Press the Insert key

• Upvote 1

I would much rather a cyclist be safe. I know if I was biking in Aberdeen I would be on the pavement, in a suit of armor full of foam and stabilisers on. I used to ride my bike everywhere in town until I seen a lad getting ploughed into by an unattentive motorist. Properly grim.I don't think he died but he was pretty messed up. The driver was howling 'I've killed him oh my god' and various other statements of disbelief whilst on the phone to her 'bezzer' NOT the emergency services who she should of phoned. I found after that I lost all confidence in other road users and constantly had the fear of getting ran over and an Eastern European collecting my money floating above my flattened corpse GTA style.

Seriously though I'd arrive at where ever I was going shaking. After a few times of this my bike found it's self in my granny's shed until I moved back to the 'shire.

I used to cycle through town every day, had a few hairy moments but thankfully was never run down. We are our own biggest danger on the roads tho, for every driver that doesnt pay enough attention there is a cyclist trying to break the law.

Guest Gladstone

My brother once hit a cyclist on Mounthooly Roundabout. He was coming onto the roundabout from the Aberdeen College side - looking right as you do, drove onto the roundabout and smacked into a cyclist who was coming round the roundabout the wrong fucking direction! My brother got out to see if he was okay, but the daft fucker just jumped on his bike and cycled off.

Cycling on Mounthooly Roundabout is a fucking scary experience without going round it the wrong way.

Roundabouts in general scare the shit out of me. whether driving, cycling or even just thinking about them. I used to shut my eyes as a kid when coming up to the haudagain. Too many cars going in different directions at the same time. Traffic lights ftw.

the Haudagain is an utterly terrifying expirience on a bike. Or even being the passenger in a car. It's scarier than anything else I can think of. I bet kids can't sleep at night because they think the Haudagain roundabout lives under their bed.

• Upvote 1

Well it is to me and to many other normal road users. Idiots who sit in it from one end to the other doing 40-50mph need to stop driving.

On my way to work this morning, there was a learner driver in the outside lane a good half mile before the speed reduction signs before the roundabout (about here), they pulled in so I could go past, then pulled straight back out again, causing more people to have to slow right down instead of letting other cars flow past, then moving out closer to the roundabout and not being a potential hazard.

It's not the fault of the learner but the instructor, who should have really known better that they should only have been in the outside lane when overtaking, or once they were close enough to the roundabout that the two lanes split into four.