aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Are you coming from Aberdeen or Inverurie direction? I've found an awesome route through the grounds of the SAC and then towards the tirebagger before taking a right at Marshall Trailers and coming out at Dyce Business Park. I can get from Rosemount to Howemoss Crescent in under 30 minutes doing it that way.

I'm coming from the centre of Aberdeen to Kirkhill industrial estate. Most days of the week it's a bloody nightmare.

I'm coming from the centre of Aberdeen to Kirkhill industrial estate. Most days of the week it's a bloody nightmare.

Take a left just after the Bucksburn police station but before the McDonald's roundabout. Take a left again and go up past the swimming pool. Continue on that road and take a right opposite the entrance to Craibstone golf course. That will take you out at the craibstone roundabout. take a left there, head towards Marshall trailers then go right on the back road. Much quicker and no queues anywhere.

• Upvote 1

How are the bus lanes? My work are moving that way soon...

The whole traffic system out to Dyce is a fucking cluster. In 30 years the footprint of the various industrial estates and the airport has probably at least tripled, but the road system to take you there has not been improved to meet the demand.

There is ANOTHER business park being built at the moment out here (called ABZ) which estimates another 2000 jobs. Which means, probably another 1200 cars or something similar, taking that same route.

The whole traffic system out to Dyce is a fucking cluster. In 30 years the footprint of the various industrial estates and the airport has probably at least tripled, but the road system to take you there has not been improved to meet the demand.

There is ANOTHER business park being built at the moment out here (called ABZ) which estimates another 2000 jobs. Which means, probably another 1200 cars or something similar, taking that same route.

This is exactly why we need the AWPR which will connect at the airport junction. There is also another development proposed on the other side of the road from ABZ which will be called 'D2.' Miller Developments are responsible for that one although i think they are waiting for for the AWPR to come in before they start to do anything.

• Upvote 3

Pet Hate: The phrase "Openly Camp." Not gonna step on George Carlin's toes and try to rip off any of his jokes - see video - but I fucking hate the phrase openly camp. If you're camp, you're camp. You can't be a straight guy who's camp but in the fucking closet about it. The phrase openly gay annoys me but I understand it's necessity. Being gay and not being in the closet, openly gay. That's fine. The phrase openly camp is just some kind of dickhead way to use a dickhead term like "metrosexual". Fuck all that shit. You can fuck guys/girls/both/neither/other and there is ZERO need for any other "lifestyle" name other than one which depicts your sexuality. The only reason that the word homosexual (or the countless variants thereof) is really needed is to make dating easier. Straight man seeks straight woman, Gay man seeks same. Metrosexual man seeks openly camp, bi-curious drinking buddy for confusing games of spin the bottle?

Fuck you.

xx

Is "openly camp" even a phrase? That people actually use? I have never heard of it, I'm not even sure how it would be put in to conversation.

I heard Gok Wan use it at least twice when the wife was watching one of those "gay teenager" type things, and I've heard it elsewhere but I can't place it.

xx