aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Got a fairly standard looking SG copy

222790_10150169382186695_604626694_7177530_3364107_n.jpg

Closer inspection however reveals the reason I bought it

229645_10150169382266695_604626694_7177531_6952540_n.jpg

Bareknuckle warpig in the bridge and a nailbomb in the neck. Never played an SG style instrument or even a 24.75" neck so I'll have a play around and see if I like it, but will probably just swap the pickups into my Ibanez.

Saw that on Gumtree, thought it was a good deal for the pickups alone. Nice one. You can always through some cheap humbuckers in it and sell it for 40 quid or something, makes the BKs even more of a bargain.

Saw that on Gumtree, thought it was a good deal for the pickups alone. Nice one. You can always through some cheap humbuckers in it and sell it for 40 quid or something, makes the BKs even more of a bargain.

It is not a bad guitar actually. Eastwood has a good reputation for vintage remakes and it retailed for $380 a few years ago so it's certainly not a piece of junk! Plus has Kluson tuners too which are about 70 worth I think?

If I swap the pickups will be putting Ibanez V7/V8's in it which are actually from a prestige. Although they're not the greatest pickups ever certainly not crap!

Even without the bareknuckles it's certainly worth what I paid for it.

Finally got my hands on Gun Face, hand point to point wired Distortion and Clean Boost. The boost is a Super Hard on circuit, well it crackles, and is OK, with the dudes own Fallen Angel dist circuit. Only had half an hour so far, but the Distortion sounds good on its own, but only the level is tweakable, like my fuzz it increases in gain with the hotness of signal it is fed. With my fuzz from the same guy, it is unreal, all the rich variants on classic fuzz. Shit I thought it sounded ace feeding off a Digitech Grunge, it did, but this has more definition, and audibly richer tone. And it was 25, + 20p&p, because it is made from the arse end of an old artillery shell and solid brass. Ace +infinity.

gun_face_overdrive.jpg

184812_157016741021607_106850819371533_346272_1825576_s.jpg

184812_157016737688274_106850819371533_346271_6701526_s.jpg

The Gun Face - this is a true one off | Facebook

Result.

Finally got my hands on Gun Face, hand point to point wired Distortion and Clean Boost. The boost is a Super Hard on circuit, well it crackles, and is OK, with the dudes own Fallen Angel dist circuit. Only had half an hour so far, but the Distortion sounds good on its own, but only the level is tweakable, like my fuzz it increases in gain with the hotness of signal it is fed. With my fuzz from the same guy, it is unreal, all the rich variants on classic fuzz. Shit I thought it sounded ace feeding off a Digitech Grunge, it did, but this has more definition, and audibly richer tone. And it was 25, + 20p&p, because it is made from the arse end of an old artillery shell and solid brass. Ace +infinity.

gun_face_overdrive.jpg

184812_157016741021607_106850819371533_346272_1825576_s.jpg

184812_157016737688274_106850819371533_346271_6701526_s.jpg

The Gun Face - this is a true one off | Facebook

Result.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

:cheers:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

:cheers:

you need one! :up:

My gear:

Peavey bass monster 300 - died at sound check in the lemon tree when it was to be used for all 3 bands :down:

Burns Bison bat bass - lost its neck at the end of the same set after a bass juggling accident! What a penis!! :down:

Here is some of my stuff.

ours_008_thumb.jpg

Reissue '72 Telecaster, Gordon Smith Classic T Thinline,Modified (with home painted scratchplate) Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Fender American Deluxe Ash Telecaster, Martin Mahogany D-15.

ours_010_thumb.jpg

Dunlop Volume pedal, BOSS T-U2, EHX Memory Toy delay, T-REX Reptile Tape Echo, T-Rex Tremster Tremolo, MXR Phase 90, North Effects Green Russian Muff (badly handpainted by me), Lovepedal Kalamazoo OD (lovely), T-REX DR Swamp Distortion, Digitech Whammy, EHX Holy Grail Reverb, MXR EQ, Digitech Jamman Solo looper, EHX Small Clone chorus, Deluxe Memory Man Delay, Electric Mistress Flanger and an MXR Blue Box. Phew

All of that through an AC15.

Nothing says metal like sounding just like everybody else:rockon:

You're missing the point. Just because most of the people who buy it play a certain style of metal (largely thanks to Misha of Periphery whoring it up on sevenstring.org etc) it most certainly does not meet that's all it is capable of.

Fractal Artists - using Axe-Fx, MFC-101 and Atomic Amps Products - Artist Relations

Paul Masvidal of Cynic, Devin Townsend, Dweevil Zappa, Steve Vai and countless others who play in some pretty diverse bands from metal to classic rock. Would they seriously use it if it was only capable of doing djent?

Taking me a wee bit too seriously but yeah i understand it can do other things. But as far as the metal bands that have them, they do sound like clones. Especially when teamed up with home recording and Superior 2.0.

I'll try to type the correct words in this post! By the time I read over the last post it was too late to edit it :(

The 'clone' thing has been around for a lot longer than the axe fx! Ever since drumkit from hell and the line 6 pod have been on the go everyone has quite literally tried to copy the Meshuggah style. It probably would have been done sooner, but those two things combined with all the VST compatible recording software actually made it affordable for more people. Likewise, I suspect more people would want an axe fx, but few can afford to spend the best part of 2000 on one!

Nothing says metal like sounding just like everybody else:rockon:

1) I don't play that annoyingly overpopulated djent style that 'everbody else' plays.

2) I actually reamp all my guitar tracks with Diezel VH4 (how many people own those) and a 5150, and the AxeFX will get used for monitoring during tracking rather than recording. Unless of course it sounds better than my amps, at which point it would be silly not to use it.

3) The AxeFXII is not the AxeFX I. It also isn't released yet. So as absolutely nobody owns this piece of kit yet, I'll struggle to sound like anybody, never mind everybody.

• Upvote 1

Yes indeed sir... although as far as individuality goes, not playing --0--0------0--1--0-------0--1--0-- on the lowest string of a 7-string guitar that is tuned down to G helps too.

I'm more partial to a --0--0-----0--3--0-----0--3--0--

But you know... different strokes ;)

Here is some of my stuff.

ours_008_thumb.jpg

Reissue '72 Telecaster, Gordon Smith Classic T Thinline,Modified (with home painted scratchplate) Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Fender American Deluxe Ash Telecaster, Martin Mahogany D-15.

All of that through an AC15.

One of the nicest set of telecasters I've seen. Love them all.

After JohnW started a thread about Hagstroms, I'd been gassing for the white F-20 ever since. They get solid reviews all over the shop, so I took a punt. Can't wait for it to arrive. Especially after being completely guitarless for so long. I was just gonna buy a cheapo Affinity Tele to mess about with, but I took the plunge on something a bit nicer.

Phwoar!

GHA-F20T-WHT.jpg

Going to put a HB sized P90 in the bridge though, at some point. Gone off Humbuckers. Even with the Warpig, I played it mostly tapped. Twannnng.