aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Does anyone have a Takamine G Series Electro-Acoustic ?

On a whim I've ordered one from Rich Tone, and just awaiting its arrival......(Friday, I hope)

This one.......

tak555-0079-0621.jpg

can't wait.... :up:

They seem to get a good write-up, so wondered if any owners on here could give me their opinions ?

(I will have a Liberty by Tanglewood Electro Acoustic for sale shortly, if anyone is interested ?..... you can see a pic of it in my gallery)

:)

Does anyone have a Takamine G Series Electro-Acoustic ?

On a whim I've ordered one from Rich Tone, and just awaiting its arrival......(Friday, I hope)

This one.......

tak555-0079-0621.jpg

can't wait.... :up:

They seem to get a good write-up, so wondered if any owners on here could give me their opinions ?

(My Liberty LX101 by Tanglewood Electro Acoustic is now for sale within Trading Post, if anyone is interested ?..... )

:)

My Takamine arrived this morning, and I still haven't put it down yet !!

Very nice quality and a great tone, and very nice to play...

(my only gripe is that it has no strap pin at the base of the neck, so have to use strap and shoelace around the headstock... really dislike that as it gets in the way !)

Question : would it compromise the neck if I drilled a small hole and fitted a strap pin to the neck heel/body joint ?...... can any tech or uberguitarist advise me !

cheers

Question : would it compromise the neck if I drilled a small hole and fitted a strap pin to the neck heel/body joint ?...... can any tech or uberguitarist advise me !

cheers

I had a Takamine acoustic bass a while back and it had a strap button at the heel. Whether or not it was official, it did no harm to the bass. See pics:

taka006.jpg

taka007.jpg

taka009.jpg

You should be totally fine putting a strap button on the neck Sam. Happy drilling!

Somebody hide my bank card. I just ordered a Z Vex Super Duper 2 in 1 in an attempt replace my Boss OD3. I reckon it's gonna sound smashing with the Matamp.

254076.jpg

Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day.

Give a man a job in oil, and he'll buy lots of unnecessary guitar pedals.

285281_10150721454850226_593955225_19906218_2284742_n.jpg

I have finally rationalised my pedals. I might have a crate full of folorn looking abandoned ones, but I've set my practical limit at 5. The wee Memory Toy is the only recent addition, bought last week in Noo Yoik. I like it very much indeed.

Ibanez RGA 121 with WCR schredder in the bridge and BKP Coldsweat in the neck

Ibanez RGA 321 with BKP Warpig set

Caparison Dellinger with BKP Aftermath in the bridge, Dimarzio Area 57 in the middle and Air norton s in the neck

Caparison angelus 24 TBCH

Pedals:

Boss NS-2, Sonic research turbo tuner, Maxon OD 808, Maxon AD-9 pro, Boss TU-3, ISP decimator, Sanyo enloop

In the waiting list for the Axe fx ll

Here are the photos, guys)

dsc0687o.jpg

dsc0689l.jpg

dsc0690q.jpg

Just now currently i swapped my Digital Marshal half stack for a valve Marshal como. a JCM 600

Guitars are Epiphone SG 400, Spear Gladius with a EMG in the bridge and a floyd rose tremolo. I recently did up a Squire strat that i bought for 20. repainted it and all that and put a Noiseless Fender Telecaster pick up in the Neck and a Alcino 2 Classic in the Bridge. Sounds amazing!

i'll use of those guitars and go through a Boss Metal Core > Dunlop Cry Baby > Ernie Ball Volume Pedal (signal gets split into the tuner > Boss TU3 and ends there) and the other signal goes into a MXR MC401 and into the amp on the clean channel.

Currently i am looking for a switch to change between the channels, then maybe a delay and maybe a softer distortion

• 1 month later...

This thread needs resurrected. Looking at other people's stuff is horrible for inspiring GAS but interesting nonetheless.

Last guitar I acquired was this. You'll never guess what kind of finish it has.....

DSCF1703.jpg

DSCF1704.jpg

Got the spalted maple one arriving this week too hopefully. Import duty paid just waiting on inevitable failed delivery and redelivery!

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought a Little Big Muff, because the normal one is like a surf board. It was only 30 notes.

Not very exciting. I just need another option other than the Rat and the Guv'nor. The Rocket I had was too extreeeeeme for me. Muff should be more manageable.

Exactly the same pedal as well. Good purchase.

In a couple of weeks i'm hopefully gonna post up a very sweet piece of new gear!

I just bought a Little Big Muff, because the normal one is like a surf board. It was only 30 notes.

Not very exciting. I just need another option other than the Rat and the Guv'nor. The Rocket I had was too extreeeeeme for me. Muff should be more manageable.

If folks are looking for a nice Fuzz, I would heartily recommend North Effects. I have the Green Russian model. It's basically a remake of the EHX Green Russian Big Muff. It's a great sounding fuzz, bassy but not all wooly and it tightens up really well if you stick a nice OD pedal in front of it.

http://north-effects.co.uk/greenrussian

• Upvote 1

If folks are looking for a nice Fuzz, I would heartily recommend North Effects. I have the Green Russian model. It's basically a remake of the EHX Green Russian Big Muff. It's a great sounding fuzz, bassy but not all wooly and it tightens up really well if you stick a nice OD pedal in front of it.

http://north-effects.co.uk/greenrussian

Seconded, lovely sounding pedal.

The guitar I bought ages ago finally arrived after being in customs for about 2 weeks! Also recent purchases are an ibanez TS7 which is getting modded to OD808 specs next week and a behringer vt 999 vintage tube monster I modded and put a sovtek 12AX7 in. Sounds sooo much better now! I'll be getting a new noise gate, amp and EQ pedal soon too once I sell another guitar.

DSCF1733.jpg

DSCF1727.jpg

DSCF1729.jpg

DSCF1731.jpg

The guitar is surprisingly well built. Solid maple and the spalted maple cap is really thick (8mm) so it weighs a hell of a lot. It's the cheap tremolo and electronics that let it down but I do intend to fix those when funds allow. All in all very happy given what I paid for it!