aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

They are two very different amps! Tough choice.

I think the Orange might be more in line with what I want. It's less of a super tight-end overdrive, and just a bit more DIRT. The Egnater's sound splendid, but they are very sparkly clean. the distortion is raging, but in a very tight and modern sort of way. I want a bit of filth. Perhaps giving it a kick with a Tubescreamer or something would make it squeal. I should probably have a jaunt down to Glasgow with a guitar and have a bash on some amps.

Is there a major difference between the AD30, and the TH30 I posted above? The only difference I can see cosmetically is that the AD30 has independent dials for each channel, where as the TH30 has the same EQ for both channels. I think the AD30 is a fair wad pricier too.

Not a fan of modern Marshalls. if I was gonna get one, I'd hunt down a JCM800. I loved my DSL50, but I had to fork out £140 to have it modfied so it sounded how I wanted, and another £90 because the cheapo chinese PCB's melted, and I had to get it all handwired. That thing was a machine as a result, but sounded nothing like any other JCM2000. For all the extra costs, I might as well get a good amp that's mint as fuck right outta the box.

Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony) with gold hard wear. 2001 - before they introduced "tone holes" thus lightening the guitar. Mine is heavy.

Fender Stratocaster (sonic blue) with a tortoiseshell blue scratchplate. Ex-demo guitar and never seen one like it since. Fitted a Seymour Duncan JB to the bridge.

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 Head

Peavy XXX Cab

Gauge 12 D'Addario strings.

Yellow Jim Dunlop Picks.

Think I'm gonna go for the Egnater, for it's versatility, and I've come across one at a good price second hand, looks to be in great condition. Just as long as I can get the cash together quick enough. Been speaking to a friend of mine who had the same one, and the only reason he got rid was because he got an afformentioned VH4, though he uses one of the little Egnater Rebels for recording.

I forgot about the gear wishing thread. I should have posted my amp gassing in there, though if I can get the cash together by the end of the week, and the second hand Egnater isn't gone, then I'm having it. It won't be gear I want. It will be gear I have.

I tried an Egnater head at Guitar Guitar last year, it was pretty tasty actually. What was great was that at low volumes it still had lots of headroom. I didn't go for it as the clean wasn't the super clean that I was after, although the gain channel was nice and creamy. I'd imagine pushing it with a RAT or a tubescreamer would make it sound beasting. It'll probably hate fuzz though.

I pay them board so i can go back whenever I like but I'm at the mrs' quite a lot. food and electric and gas and that pile up. Plus, I seriously don't know how i managed to spend so much money this month but i have feck in my bank account and I have a holiday to save up for as well as other stuff.