aberdeen-music

thoughts on aberdeen

Ollie

Relocating your life which has commitments and obligations and so on is not quite as trivial as that...

But the response of onlookers in both situations is identical.

I find it very hard to appraise cities. Judging cities must be much easier for people who are forced into one place or another, and, lacking the benefit of a quick getaway, must make use of what they got.

Glasgow is a city I love and I'm there for a few days every three weeks or so and I feel pretty at home there, but I still get a deep sense of satisfaction coming back to Aberdeen. I think Aberdeen is probably one of the least 'Londonised' cities in Britain, which means a lot of people find it backward and boring, but I find it pretty blissful.

It's always near the top of an alphabetical list of UK cities.

Always handy when filling in online forms & such.

Lol, quality :up:

On a completely unrelated note, I also like that Aberdeen is beside the sea. I come from (s)Cumbernauld, a land-locked shit hole.

You could say that I suppose. It just seems Aberdonians are always moaning how shit Aberdeen is when it isn't really that bad at all

Indeed.

Just like when i've been to Toronto the past 4 years everyone moans about it.

When I was in sydney last year for a few months people like to moan about it.

When I was in Perth WA the two years before that people moan about it....... etc etc etc

My brother lives in Sydney now and he still moans (knob).

I guess that's just what people do :)

Indeed.

Just like when i've been to Toronto the past 4 years everyone moans about it.

When I was in sydney last year for a few months people like to moan about it.

When I was in Perth WA the two years before that people moan about it....... etc etc etc

My brother lives in Sydney now and he still moans (knob).

I guess that's just what people do

well, the connection between all these statements is that a scotsman (or 2) was involved

all aboard the McMoaney-bus - johnny's driving!

One thing I always felt that one of the things that hindered Aberdeen was the lack of cultural/tourism facilities - even as a resident, there was very little to do in the way of museums, etc. Always enjoyed/was impressed by the City Gallery tho-good to see they have a Steven Campbell. And I did see his last ever exhibition was in a tiny gallery in Aberdeen too, so maybe I'm talking rubbish.

Mind you, you want to try living in Uxbridge in West London, then you'll really know crap!

Hate it and the music is terrible. I go to about 1 gig every 2 years.

Don't you think that relates more to your personal taste rather than the gigs on offer? You can't complain about nothing being on, it's just that you don't like what's on. Aberdeen offers quite a decent array of music considering its size, I'm sure you'd find something you like more than once a year if you tried hard enough.

things are looking good up here really, one of the few citys in the country not to be heavily effected by the credit crunch, trump should hopefuly get his golf course, nicholas has his coming in stonehaven, they will bring good tourism, the dandy dons should get their community stadium which again will be good for the city. i fail to see really why you would be unhappy up here. you can do alomst anything you want with your life if your motavated.

things are looking good up here really, one of the few citys in the country not to be heavily effected by the credit crunch, trump should hopefuly get his golf course, nicholas has his coming in stonehaven, they will bring good tourism, the dandy dons should get their community stadium which again will be good for the city. i fail to see really why you would be unhappy up here. you can do alomst anything you want with your life if your motavated.
this $95 million oceanfront mansion once owned by Donald Trump was just bought by a Russian fertilizer mogul" -- who may tear it down to build something else. "Wow," Black exclaimed. "Trump's design esthetic is even tacky to a guy who sells shit for a living!"

"It's a little sad that Americans don't come through and buy things like this," was Trump's own comment on the sale.

The Raw Story | Lewis Black: It's the End of an Empire sale and everything must go

the only people happy about mcdonalds presence in aberdeen are the hopeless droids that work and eat there, and the same goes for donald trumps "development".

I've come home from holiday and hate it even more.

The night life is dreadful, the weather is crap and it's just grey everywhere. I really, really need to move to the US or OZ soon. I went out on Saturday after the cinema and Belmont St is bloody horrible at night. Usually I'm too pissed to notice but it was an eye opener. Everyone's fighting or moaning at each other. The pubs are so predictable and boring. And don't get me onto the clubs. Exodus were playing New Found bloody Glory. No self appreciating club would even consider playing such music. the dancefloor was full of 17 year olds bobbing around like arse holes and I couldn't even get near the bar. Coming home from Ibiza has made me realise that not only is night life in Aberdeen terrible, it doesn't even really exist.