aberdeen-music

thoughts on aberdeen

Ollie

EXACTLY!!!! the TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT ABERDEEN HAS ONE OF THE BEST LIVING STANDARDS IN NOT JUST SCOTLAND BUT THE UK, (ONLY TO BE OUTDONE BY THE SOUTH EAST OF ENGLAND (GENERALLY)!!! THE EDUCATION LEVELS UP HERE ARE IN THE TOP 5% OF THE COUNTRY!!! OK, THERE ARE JAKEYS/CHAVS AND PROSSIES IN EVERY TOWN/CITY, THEREFORE THERE IS CRIME ALSO IN EVERY CITY. BUT ABERDEEN HAS THE ONE OF THE LOWEST CRIME RATES IN THE UK!!

THE ONLY THING IS WRONG THIS PLACE IS THE FUCKING MOAN CULTURE PEOPLE IN HERE!!! BUNCH OF CUNTS (ESPECIALLY YOU TWOJOES)

NOW JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

(im gonna stop shouting now......)

i took your advice to look up pretentious on your advice, "joe". TWO & THREE seem bang on the money to me son.....! Cunt.

pretentious

Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pri-ten-shuhs]

–adjective 1. full of pretense or pretension.

2. characterized by assumption of importance.

3. making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.

WTF

o_O

Aye, okay...:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

This thread has some fairly heavy name calling going on. Brucie were you bullied at school or something and for some reason think it was me?

Oh and I am important, to my Son!

Draa yer heed in ye numpty and take some lessons in grammar!

WTF

o_O

Aye, okay...:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

This thread has some fairly heavy name calling going on. Brucie were you bullied at school or something and for some reason think it was me?

Oh and I am important, to my Son!

Draa yer heed in ye numpty

well i was 70 this year....i think that gives me the right to call you "son" ;)

put a comma between ME & SON, then read it again and then take ME as the word ME as opposed to MY. like proper english...

Right now where is that Ex Miss world, i think she needs another dipping of the old Forsyth Candle Wax.....

The sushi man, Aberdeen Market

Earl of Sandwich, the Green

The Globe Inn, north silver street - great food great music

Fusion, north silver street - currently filling the late-night-coffee void that was left when Beans closed down.

Rock Salt and Snails, St. Swithin Street. My all-time fave place to have lunch and chill. It also has some 'funcy' stuff that you can't get elsewhere.

The Hub, university of Aberdeen. Fresh pizza and fajitas, food is nice and pretty cheap. Nice little coffee place downstairs, and the whole place is open to the public.

See, these are exactly the sort of eateries and venues I don't know about!

I dig Saigon. I'm not sure how great it is, on the scale of vietnamese restaurants, but my work had a very tasty 'tapas' style meal there and we got pretty wankered on Tiger beer.

that some may look ahead and see the new building as the solution that they have been waiting for when the solution lies more with the participants than it does with concrete and glass. I will be a frequent traveler in the new building, no doubt, and would book my table now if I could but I want to know that I will have someone to speak to and something to speak about...:up:

ahhh i grasp what you're saying here Joe... i dare say i felt the need to rant against the whole negativity in the thread but singled you out unfairly - pretty sure we're batting for the same team... and over a montepullciano or two the conversation will surely flow below the green banks of sumptuous creative endeavours in union terrace gdns

i must apologise for associating myself with the Brucie's crudeness on the matter - maybe he still harbors the attention a few giant Queen of Hearts would give him on a saturday evening

ahhh i grasp what you're saying here Joe... i dare say i felt the need to rant against the whole negativity in the thread but singled you out unfairly - pretty sure we're batting for the same team... and over a montepullciano or two the conversation will surely flow below the green banks of sumptuous creative endeavours in union terrace gdns

i must apologise for associating myself with the Brucie's crudeness on the matter - maybe he still harbors the attention a few giant Queen of Hearts would give him on a saturday evening

T'is fine Sir... I am in no doubt that we are on the same team but I do find myself fielding more often than batting and at times I will throw a ball back aimed at a head or two with the intention of releasing them from a slumber. The arm does get tired though but a good hearty natter with others on the team is good for the stamina.

More positive rants required I would say, along with some head bashing and a good old 'fuck the system' now and again ;)

Oh, It's a pretty big team really

the worst thing about aberdeen is the aberdonians themselves. No amount of nice restaurants, art centers, shift in the quality of the nightlife etc is going to change the fact that aberdonians are largely ignorant racist smallminded uneducated materialistic shallow barely human scumbags, most of whom have practicaly given up language and reverted to communicating with each other through animalistic grunts and violence, and none of whom can actually think for themselves to any extent that might differentiate them from any of the other mindless plebs that live here. The funny thing is a lot of these worthless homunculi actually believe they are middle class, because they live in a semi detached house and drive a modestly expensive car.

I'm moving away in the near future, and it will be the best thing I've ever done.

the worst thing about aberdeen is the aberdonians themselves. No amount of nice restaurants, art centers, shift in the quality of the nightlife etc is going to change the fact that aberdonians are largely ignorant racist smallminded uneducated materialistic shallow barely human scumbags, most of whom have practicaly given up language and reverted to communicating with each other through animalistic grunts and violence, and none of whom can actually think for themselves to any extent that might differentiate them from any of the other mindless plebs that live here. The funny thing is a lot of these worthless homunculi actually believe they are middle class, because they live in a semi detached house and drive a modestly expensive car.

I'm moving away in the near future, and it will be the best thing I've ever done.

out of interest where are you from?

Thats pretty much all of the UK you have described there man, bar a few economically gated areas inhabited by the ruling scum, who caused the social disconnections that have led to a less civilised society in the first place.

But its not very pretty to dehumanise people, whether for comic effect or not, just because they wouldn't grant you the same courtesy. If you are smarter than they, then surely it behooves you to rise above their level, rather than sinking down to it. Thats what I think civilisation entails, collective mitigation of baser human desires through culture and enlightenment.

Don't think for a second that Glasgow is superior, only pockets are truly inhabitable.

Thats pretty much all of the UK you have described there man, bar a few economically gated areas inhabited by the ruling scum, who caused the social disconnections that have led to a less civilised society in the first place.

But its not very pretty to dehumanise people, whether for comic effect or not, just because they wouldn't grant you the same courtesy. If you are smarter than they, then surely it behooves you to rise above their level, rather than sinking down to it. Thats what I think civilisation entails, collective mitigation of baser human desires through culture and enlightenment.

Don't think for a second that Glasgow is superior, only pockets are truly inhabitable.

I dont think the UK is the be all and end all but where would you rather reside? Australia - which is full of neds from Aberdeen/Uk as it is? America - im sure you will have a comment on that. France - i mean dont even go there.

I hear all this moaning but i dont here any alternative suggestions - its what you make of it.

I also agree that Uk is going tits up at the min but what do you suggest? People just moan wherever they fuck they are....

Why Mr Pot, pray tell why you call me black???? This paragraph itself smacks of small mindedness, ignorance, sweeping generalisations and dare I say it racism are you Aberdonian yourself and suffering from some bizaare form of self loathing? Are you one of those Emo's??

You may be right about aberdonians but remember that they aren't breeding and in fact are working on advanced ways of prematurely ending their lives. I can't remember a time when aberdeen had more implants and sooner or later they'll have a better idea than opening a hairdressers on King St! There's more diversity in the population here now than I ever recall.

Don't still be saying yer moving in five years, though, or you'll look like a bit of a cunt!

I'm not moaning, I like Aberdeen, even more since I moved to Glasgow. Nae coming back any decade soon though.

And the earlier points about teuch vs. toon Doric, toon Doric is not equivalent to sounding like you have a brain injury, sadly the numbers make it seem that way. Its not seen as cool amongst the youth of the peripherique to sound like you can talk intelligibly. Watch the film 'Idiocracy', for it has forseen these things, a future where anyone who speaks normally is ridiculed instantly. And its funny.

Oh and Thains FUCKING ROCKS.

I dont think the UK is the be all and end all but where would you rather reside? Australia - which is full of neds from Aberdeen/Uk as it is? America - im sure you will have a comment on that. France - i mean dont even go there.

I hear all this moaning but i dont here any alternative suggestions - its what you make of it.

I also agree that Uk is going tits up at the min but what do you suggest? People just moan wherever they fuck they are....

I would rather live in Copenhagen, Berlin or Amsterdam than in Aberdeen but all my stuff is here.