aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

The mighty heid's pre-season got off to a good start with a 5-0 win over Inverurie Locos on Thursday night.

Today's match against Maud was called off, so I'm off to see, er, Inverurie Locos get their arses tanned again, this time by Caley Thistle.

The mighty heid's pre-season got off to a good start with a 5-0 win over Inverurie Locos on Thursday night.

Let us know how the game goes please :love:

It'll be half under 19s and half first team'ers from ICT as they're playing another game today as well, where the other half of the squad will play. I canna make it as i'm heading the the Aberdire v. Man Yoo game today, after buying tickets for my Dons supporting Dad's birthday.

Going to ICT v Ross C*nty on Tues and ICT v St J on saturday though :love:

7-1 win against Inverurie and a 4-0 win against Clach for ICT today.

Really pleased with the depth of our squad just now, as the youth players who've come in have quite a bit of experience already. Zander Sutherland and Vigurs (who apparently scored 2 incredible goals) have a real chance of being major players this season :love:

Aberdeen game was pretty poor. Seagulls GTF!! :swearing:

I'd hate to be a Locos defender at the moment!

Very professional performance from Caley, and they only really allowed Locos into it in the last 20 minutes.

The opening was very quiet before Vigurs opened the scoring with an 18 yard drive. Gary Wood sclaffed home the second a couple of minutes later before Rory sidefooted home.

Vigurs' second was the goal of the game, a superb chip, closer to 25 yards out!

Zander S and Roy McBain banged home loose balls. to make it six (and make me lose count!) but Locos pulled one back with ten minutes left when McNulty slammed a passback off the onrushing Craig Ross and into the net.

Zander rounded off the scoring two minutes later, latching onto Munro's long ball before cutting inside and drilling home under the keeper.

Looked promising, and I was very impressed with Sutherland and Vigurs in particular. I've seen Vigurs a few times, and the boy definitely has it in him to play at the top. :up:

I'd hate to be a Locos defender at the moment!

Very professional performance from Caley, and they only really allowed Locos into it in the last 20 minutes.

The opening was very quiet before Vigurs opened the scoring with an 18 yard drive. Gary Wood sclaffed home the second a couple of minutes later before Rory sidefooted home.

Vigurs' second was the goal of the game, a superb chip, closer to 25 yards out!

Zander S and Roy McBain banged home loose balls. to make it six (and make me lose count!) but Locos pulled one back with ten minutes left when McNulty slammed a passback off the onrushing Craig Ross and into the net.

Zander rounded off the scoring two minutes later, latching onto Munro's long ball before cutting inside and drilling home under the keeper.

Looked promising, and I was very impressed with Sutherland and Vigurs in particular. I've seen Vigurs a few times, and the boy definitely has it in him to play at the top. :up:

Thanks for the report :love:

Vigurs and Zander are both extremely well thought of by the fans, I just hope they get their chance instead of journeymen like McBain

Pile of PISS yesterday.

Paul Paton looked a decent prospect until he tired, but we are looking very wasteful in front of goal and our patchwork midfield couldn't do much yesterday. Brechin were the beteer side for much of the second half.

I can see us fighting relegation on that performance.

post match KABOING! fest - sore today

TRAY OF DETH PLZ!

:up:

Christ, that's almost as bad as giving Roreeeeeeeeeeeeee a new contract! o_O

...but not quite.

The Rory McAllister contract disappointment was offset by Vigur/Sutherland contract joy :love:

Mikey Fraser won't ever be shifted by Esson in terms of ability, I just hope he can mantain good form and stay free from injury.