aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

nah, yer going right oot!

gibby is easily one of the best players in our team. great captain and great mabassador for the club

Jamie Buchan has also come in and done very well since January

Where's JB been playing? We'd been playing him at right back, which was a joke since he was our best central midfielder and he was keeping out a right-back who went on to be our most consistent player once he got a run of games...

And Pele wonders why he got the boot! o_O

West Brom allegedly lining up a 4 mil move for Kevin Thomson, and Spurs are offering 9 mil for Alan McGregor. As much as I don't want to see Alan go, I can see it happening. *sigh*

Whilst I think McGregor is a good keeper, 9 million seems crazy money, so I'd take it. I think the scum could find a suitable replacement and maybe spend the change on buying some players to add depth to their squad. Kevin Thomson would do fuck all at West Brom, not that he is a shit player, but it wont do his career any good to move to a club that will no doubt be involved in a relegation battle.

his agent is saying aberdeen couldn't match his wages and pittodrie is saying there were concerns over his long term fitness.

Somewhere in between then, I reckon. If the club has actually decided his fitness doesn't justify the wages they'd have to pay then I applaud their uncharacteristic show of common sense.

Yeah, nothing to do with finance.

He's utter shite anyway.

Plus, the one good season he had he scored about 10 pens..... even Darren Mackie has done that ;)

I love how Mackie-bashing comes into virtually every discussion about an Aberdeen signing :p This is why I've banned myself from posting on Afc-Chat ;)

You are my Mackie, my Darren Mackie....

My mate once booed Darren Mackie outside Liquid on a Saturday night. He has a particular hatred of him cos Mackie shagged his (then) bird.

That's ok, i shagged Darren Mackie's bird a number of years ago when he was *shock* injured. He got his comeuppance anyway :D

The braces and haircut helped, mind.

Love from Christy

:laughing:

I assume this is where the "Cuellar to Barca" rumour stems from. With Puyol and Milito already in place and Coloccini rumoured to be joining, they just need Cuellar to complete a 100% poodle-heided backline.

Or it might just be hilariously delusional Hun pish.

Or it might just be hilariously delusional Hun pish.

Speaking of which; does anyone ever go on the Rangers and Celtic fansites? I know some Dons diehards baulk at the prospect, but Goddman! they are hugely entertaining. Just absolutely full of propaganda and self-importance. E-Tims (which is actually pretty funny and doesn't take itself too seriously) and Follow Follow (which makes for painful reading but gives a great insight into up-their-own-arse Rangers mentalities) are my particular favourites. An E-Tims rumour recently...Xavi Alonso (targeted by Juventus) is set for 'Paradise' ....priceless! And on Follow Follow, there is an article not to be missed. A 'respected journalist' (who, incidentally, can't write or punctuate) gives an 'honest' and 'impartial' reflection on the events in Manchester. It is absolute drivel, the most painful reading imaginable. If anyone ever feels their hatred of Rangers waning a little, I suggest popping onto Follow Follow and replenishing forthwith.

Love from Christy

Speaking of which; does anyone ever go on the Rangers and Celtic fansites? I know some Dons diehards baulk at the prospect, but Goddman! they are hugely entertaining. Just absolutely full of propaganda and self-importance. E-Tims (which is actually pretty funny and doesn't take itself too seriously) and Follow Follow (which makes for painful reading but gives a great insight into up-their-own-arse Rangers mentalities) are my particular favourites. An E-Tims rumour recently...Xavi Alonso (targeted by Juventus) is set for 'Paradise' ....priceless! And on Follow Follow, there is an article not to be missed. A 'respected journalist' (who, incidentally, can't write or punctuate) gives an 'honest' and 'impartial' reflection on the events in Manchester. It is absolute drivel, possibly the most painful reading imaginable. If anyone ever feels their hatred of Rangers waning a little, I suggest popping onto Follow Follow and replenishing forthwith.

Love from Christy

Indeed they are cringeworthy...

AFC Chat is getting worse as well. The rumours section with 'I have it on good authority' scoops are utter pish, especially the ones about Caley players joining (100% definite apparently) on pre contracts when they still have 16 months of their current contracts to go ?(