aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Damn, if only we had you lined up for our annual Balmoor win :up:

We drew 0-0 with Deveronvale today, but our next game is only Charlie Mulgrew's debut, so it's nothing to worry about....

We're also signing a left back, and sadly it's not Stu Smith from the Dons again :(

I heard a rumour about Severin going to Rangers in a switch for Alan Gow. Anybody else heard this?

you probably heard it on the same message board as me - and a later comment on the thread seemed to confirm it as being shite.

In other news - Dons drew 0-0 at Dens last night & we've also signed Charlie Mulgrew on a 2 year contract.

you probably heard it on the same message board as me - and a later comment on the thread seemed to confirm it as being shite.

In other news - Dons drew 0-0 at Dens last night & we've also signed Charlie Mulgrew on a 2 year contract.

Good signing I say. All we need is a good striker to partner Miller and a natural right back and I think we can be optimistic of a better place in the league. :up:

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Aberdeen | Aberdeen close to deal for Wright

A striker with a recovering knee injury en route before the season starts...

Looking as good as it has done in quite a while down Todders way. Dare I say JC putting together a solid team on a tight budget? One or two holes still but not as gaping as they were. May even see some positive talk on the other AFC forums. Cant wait to see what they get up to in the SPL. Fucked if I'm paying 14 for Petaaaheed though. Was gonna take the Missus and the lad up on Friday but I can buy Unreal Tournamnet for the xbox instead... ;)

I think my name gives away my team.

This season's looking decidedly dodgy. Large amounts of money in, little amounts being spent on the pitch, and too many players not good enough. And we're out of europe before the season, and most other teams pre-season, has begun.

Probably as well that i'm up here, atleast I can hide. Could be worse though, could be hearts.

Tamworth? :love:

In ICT news:

• Duncan Shearer returns as our new under 15 coach
  • Kaiserslauten (sp?) have made an acceptable bid for Marius Niculae, so looks like he won't be around for the opening game of the season :(
  • Callum Elliot is on his way north for signing talks apparently
  • Craig Brewster might register himself as a player again, since we'll only have 3 strikers on the books if/when Marius leaves

Garry Wood to make the step up to the Premier League!

He must've put on a few inches in height at Montrose, because I hardly recognised him on tuesday night! Played the first half against County, but didn't get great service; instead having to play with his back to goal all the time. He's a big lad, in the Graham Bayne mould, so he'll get plenty of subs appearances this season I think.

aye he bulked up and out a lot during his time with us.

he is a great hatchet man, wins countless headers and whilst back to goal can turn quick. This is all complimented by a good finish, high work rate and good attitude. He has all the potential necessary, and Im pretty confident he can make an impact from the bench.

Its a shame that we couldnt have held onto him for another 6 months

I wish Martin O'Neill would wise the hell up and just sell Barry to us. Also someone should shoot Ronaldo in the face this whole bloody thing with him an Real is getting annoying now.

I dont want us to sell Alonso and i dont want to buy Robbie Keane we might aswell try to get Villa instead of Keane i would be moist with Villa and Torres upfront!

Defensively god knows whats gonna happen nxt season glad Riise has gone he turned into a right diddy!

thats all.

Can't ait for that. Really looking forward to seeing JB, Gibby and Hegs again. All top blokes :up:

aye I think Hegs has been on holiday, he works with my mate apparently a lovely bloke.

Gibby and JB were cracking against St Johnstone in the centre of midfield. they didnt play there together too often last season with JB hitting defensive duties.

Should be a good game, any recomendations of watering holes pre match?

This season's looking decidedly dodgy. Large amounts of money in, little amounts being spent on the pitch, and too many players not good enough. And we're out of europe before the season, and most other teams pre-season, has begun.

Probably as well that i'm up here, atleast I can hide. Could be worse though, could be hearts.

Could be worse, you could lose your manager and re-appoint Frank Sauzee :rolleyes:

I hear they haven't quite gotten round to paying for their new manager yet. Class act all the way.

Apparently its more professional to not pay the bills on time. Least thats what hearts fans have told me.

I'd love to see Sauzee back at hibs. Maybe not as manager though. That wasn't so good.