aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Almost farcical predictions there for the UEFA slot. How they all think Utd will be 3rd is beyond me. No Robson or Hunt, they had a dismal end to the last season and finished 5th. They're reasons given are bollocks too "I like Craig Levein", "They had a good season last year until Robson left" or the classic "they looked good against Barca until Messi came on". Get a grip.

Don't see Caley getting relegated, think it'll be between Hamilton and St Mirren.

Feeney is better than Hunt. Easily. Hunt being sold shouldn't be too much of an issue, Sandaza doesn't look too bad either, had a nice goal against Plymouth in preseason.

I agree about Robson at the end of last season we had no-one in midfield to create anything.

I dunno about 3rd. But we should get 4th imho. I hate it when people start having expectations of United. It always goes down the shitter when people actually expect anything from us.

Relegation wise I think Killie/Hamilton.

I seem to remember Graham Spiers also saying he'll eat his hat if we survive the first season in the SPL...

Chick Young and Billy Dodds? Aye very good. They must still be sore about us humping the Huns in the PLG era.

I've got 25 on Killie for relegation at odds of 13-1. So fingers crossed x

I've got 25 on Killie for relegation at odds of 13-1. So fingers crossed x

What could you have bought with the 25 you've just blown?

Ain't going to happen - St Murn & Hamilton are the likely candidates - assuming we don't lose 75% of our first team!

We finished 5th the two previous seasons and have been fairly solid over the last few years, so I wouldn't be inclined to base an assessment on one shite term.

What could you have bought with the 25 you've just blown?

Ain't going to happen - St Murn & Hamilton are the likely candidates - assuming we don't lose 75% of our first team!

We finished 5th the two previous seasons and have been fairly solid over the last few years, so I wouldn't be inclined to base an assessment on one shite term.

Hmm... we'll see.

To add to the nonsense of Billy Dodds; I seem to remember someone on Pie and Bovril created a final SPL Table based on his predictions. He had Rangers and Celtic winning every game, apart from the draws in the Old Firm games; with the added stupidity of Hearts being clear 3rd and St Mirren never winning a game.

Looking forward to saturday :love:

Guest idol_wild

What a toothless pile of nonsense that was.

I'm glad I don't support Aberdeen anymore.

ICT were equally poor, though I was impressed at how economical they were with the ball.

Watching the seagulls attack people in the South Stand was far more entertaining.

10mins

There were 10 mins at the start where I though' whoop, looking ace', the it all fell to bits, badly. The first 45 mins flew past in no time and the second 45 took forever. Can't remeber seeing such a quick mass exodus pre and of game when ICT scored 2nd goal. Fair play to ICT for taking their chances but they weren't great though, we were just much worse...

You gonna be at THE game on Tuesday?

If not, I can provide updates ;)

No, I'll be biting my fingernails in front of the BBC vidiprinter. Good win for us today at Airdrie, I thought they might turn us over.

I can't wait for Ross P's next post. Especially if it's late at night, and he's been drinking.

Ahahahaha!

:up: