aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

We started well today and should have been a couple of goals to the good by half time but were punished for missed opportunities when arbroath took the lead.

They had another couple of chances before we remembered how to play football, and in the space of five minutes hit the post, saw a shot destined for the top corner deflect over, saw their keeper block what seemed a certain equaliser and then we finally did equalise. And almost threw it away in injury time.

Looking forward to the Firhill trip, though I've lost touch with one of the Jags fans I used to meet up with and the other is in Canada. D'oh!

What a toothless pile of nonsense that was.

I'm glad I don't support Aberdeen anymore.

ICT were equally poor, though I was impressed at how economical they were with the ball.

Watching the seagulls attack people in the South Stand was far more entertaining.

Can you get an operation or hypnosis or what? Me and the Dons are like one of those old married couples you see who clearly can't stand each other but continue to live with each other out of convenience and surrender.

What a shit way to start a season. McGuire has apparently bulked up over the summer in order to foul defenders, fucking wee nyaff. This Tommy Wright better be Duncan Sheareresque. Fucking shit. Once again. What a surprise. Alleged good players who play shit. Shit. Crap. Bolllocks. Foster for Scotland. Oh look, Derek Young and Darren Mackie are coming on. We'll be ok now guys. Fucking pish. Shot on target anyone? No. We were beaten by basic defending.

Crap.

Shit.

Don't care.

Highlight of the game was Mackie missing in the last 5 minutes and an ICT fan about 5 rows in front of me raising a Billy Bowden arched finger and shouting "OUT!!".

Apologies to all those Dons fans I abused last night (Dave Milne, Zippy et al)... :love:

Top of the league.

That post is far too dull for my liking. Hungover?

We've just launched PFC TV on our website :up:

Highlight of the game was Mackie missing in the last 5 minutes and an ICT fan about 5 rows in front of me raising a Billy Bowden arched finger and shouting "OUT!!".

Apologies to all those Dons fans I abused last night (Dave Milne, Zippy et al)... :love:

Top of the league.

that was me! i did do the umpire thing far too often though, my friend was not impressed, although the boy sitting in front of me was :love:

all i need to say on the game is YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

My choice:

---------------------Fraser---------------------

Tokely-------Duff--------Munro------Hastings

Cowie------Black------Duncan--------Imrie

---------------------Wilson---------------------

------------------Barrowman------------------

Brewster's probable team:

---------------------Fraser---------------------

Tokely-------McGuire----Munro------Hastings

Imrie------Black------Duncan--------McBain

---------------------Cowie---------------------

------------------Barrowman------------------

Brewster is sooooo.... predictable. Shame JC isn't a regular Aberdeen-music forum visitor.

Fantastic feeling when Ross Tokely and Dougie Imrie came over to the ICT fans at the final whistle celebrating. Most Dons fans wouldn't of seen that, having left about 10 minutes previously ;)

Great night out afterwards, and have been carrying on the drinking today; celebrating the fact we are still top of the league. Maybe we'll split the Old Firm this season?

I didn't know that there was an ICT fan in Wifebeater's lineup? Scorge kept that one quiet. To be fair the only time I hear Scorge mention ICT, there's a tale of a penalty shoot out at the end :down:

That post is far too dull for my liking. Hungover?

We've just launched PFC TV on our website :up:

There have been many comments from mates at how restrained i've been over the result!

So to keep you happy...

GET IT ROUND YAAAA'SSSSS

We even took the piss by putting on Rory McAllister.

Lost: Chris McGuire. Last seen in Tokely's back pocket.

:love::love::love:

Guest idol_wild

I actually think Tokley is a competent SPL full-back.

As soon as I saw him overlap before the goal I knew he'd set-up a goal with this cross.

I'd would rather have Tokley at right-back for The Dons than Foster.

But hey, I don't support Aberdeen anymore so I don't care.

:up:

I'm delighted we've finally got a player in Barrowman that will bury a penalty. Last one we had was Paul Sheerin and that was a loooong time ago :(

Another moment of joy yesterday was remembering a Dons supporting mate before the game telling me that Barrowman only scored against shite teams. I phoned him back to tell him he was right :)

EDIT: The highlights are on Setanta just now. Loving the chorus of boooos at the second goal!

FURTHER EDIT: I particularly liked the celebration of the first goal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7552878.stm

That boo's would probably have been a lot louder if not for the fact that we were all heading for the exit!

Pleased for Brewster though...

One more thing, having Maguire in your back pocket really isn't that impressive... The wee squirt would fall over in a light breeze after having been spun around several times and lost all sense of direction. Why he gets a game I don't know. About the only Dons player I can't find myself having a soft spot for and that includes Foster...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I didn't know that there was an ICT fan in Wifebeater's lineup? Scorge kept that one quiet.

It's not the kinda thing we're proud about, but Shower is indeed a fake Jag.

Anyway, in other news:

Dunfermline 2-1 The First Division Team Who Lasted Longer In Europe Than The Huns

Nice wee win, a double from Andy Kirk, who's already looking like a damn good bit of business.

And just to make life even better:

Rangers 1-0 Them

It's back, alright.

:up:

Guest idol_wild
Doesn't work that way, I'm afraid.

Duh.

I know this.

I merely state it every now and again in an attempt to convince myself that I can no longer give a shit about Aberdeen Football Club.

Obviously I have failed so far.

Do you feel more depressed or less depressed than post-QOTS semi final defeat?

Really disappointed with how little the highlights show of our chances. We had a goal chalked off that looked debatable, the Langfield fuckup and one or two other half-chances. In addition to some heroic defending from Grant Munro to stop Miller from scoring.

In other news apparently Mark McGhee said on live radio yesterday that if Barry Robson's penalty rebounded back out, the ref would've tucked it away. Classic.

Guest idol_wild
Do you feel more depressed or less depressed than post-QOTS semi final defeat?

More, I think. Because I anticipated a drubbing from QOTS in the semi-final (in fact I think I stated on this very website that my prediction was 4-1 to QOTS, so I was actually satisfied with 4-3 in the end).

I wasn't disappointed that it was ICT that beat us. ICT are a club I couldn't give two little hoots about. It was simply the lack of guts, tempo, urgency, and all-round desire shown by the vast majority of the players that irked me immeasurably. The players were bigging themselves up before the game but they showed they just don't have what it takes. Again.

Foster and Langfield were liabilities and I feel they always will be. We are clearly going to concede another shedload of goals this term, so I think a lot of weight rests on Tommy Wright's shoulders to bag at least 15-20 goals, otherwise we'll struggle to make the top six.

It's interesting that Calderwood and some of the media have come out and said they won't panic because it's only 90 minutes. Poor reaction - the first game symbolises what we can expect from the team this season.