aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the biggest pile of rubbish I have ever heard in my life. Do you not think it's possible that some people genuinely support and follow the club because they are passionate about the team and the game of football? Rather than the nonsense that blights both sides of the Old Firm... Clearly not. And well, if you don't your clearly dillusional and don't really know much about it.

I know more than I want to about it and my opinion isn't going to change, presumably yours won't either.

Nope, not having a go at you.

And actually it makes perfect sense.

That's ok then! I'm still on my European cloud and I wouldn't like to come off it for now thank you very much...

And I still don't get it... :down: Was there an extra 'you' in the sentence?! Lol. It's late and I've been in uni all day finishing the stupid dissertation! Lol.

No, YOU'RE wrong!!!!!!

Brilliantly sophisticated argument that.

I know more than I want to about it and my opinion isn't going to change, presumably yours won't either.

Thanks. My debating skills are out of this world!

It's not something I really enjoy speaking about. I am fully aware that there are Rangers fans out there who couldn't care less about the football and are more interested in singing about the Pope.

I, however, travel to Ibrox whenever I can to watch the football. I try to sit in areas that aren't predominately the 'FTP' brigade so I can have an enjoyable time. I'm not interested in the politics of it all. You can't tar every single old firm fan with the same brush! That just makes you a loser. Sorry. (Maybe that's harsh... you've changed your post now!)

p.s I'm going to bed, so I await to read more interesting tales in the morning.

Can you actually give some genuine evidence for this? Not the odd banner that's put up around both Old Firm stadiums or the odd chant. I've heard some horrific chants at Pittodrie about various incidents with Old Firm, does that mean that those people who actually go to the football (such as yourself, I'd imagine) simply to watch football are in some way connected to these small-minded idiots?

I am in no way saying the Old Firm is perfect, far from it infact. But you are simply dismissing the fans who go to football games to watch football games and nothing else; there are idiots that support every side in Scotland, there just so happens to be more in Glasgow because of the bigger population there.

Again, heard it all before, appreciate where you're coming from but disagree. It's an old argument, we each of us know what the other's going to say, there's next to no chance of agreement or even productive debate.

Well, for the small chance that we may have for some kind of productive debate, could you please explain to me why my friend is a bigot? As far as I can tell, your argument runs thus:

Some Old Firm fans are bigoted.

Therefore all Old Firm fans are in some way bigoted.

I'm genuinely quite interested to hear why you believe the above. I'll probably disagree, but I would like to hear the reasoning behind your beliefs.

FFS, as if it's not bad enough the Huns are in the Final it now means that the Dons v Huns game is put back to 22nd May which is the same day as Caribou.

c*nts.

Surely that's a good thing?!?!?!

After the utter shite that has been the Dons season you should be delighted to be missing the game.

Oh, and ps, fuck the huns. How they got through last night is beyond me. Yet another terrible match. They really are the worst team in the world to watch.

Aberdeen in Europe was mostly about 9 or 10 men defending and they would get slagged off by the pundits for it. Yes some said they played well but also said that we shouldn't really be there playing that style of football. Rangers do it and they are fucking heroes!!! How the hell does that work. Frankly I thought they were shit apart from the back few, that's the very very back and not the whole 10 that were at the back, that were putting in some great timed tackles etc. I watched most of the match then fell asleep and missed the penalty's. I woke up and was gob smaked when I saw that cok Smith smiling and celebrating. It is a good thing for the standing of Scottish football (I read that somewhere) but cheeeeeesh...

Pity they don't really consider themselves Scottish and their Scottish players can't commit to the national team when they're needed (Georgia). And Ferguson is a fucknugget of the highest order.

Anyway I'm pissed off they got through because now my girlfriend will expect us to watch the final when we're on holiday in Portugal. Bugger. Need to buy a Zenit shirt to take with me.

From Aberdeen MAD:

The World's Changing

A man was able to keep his own daughter hostage in his cellar for 24 years and father seven children with her, apparently without anyone else knowing.

Seven years on, no-one has yet located Osama Bin Laden.

Polar Bears, undoubtedly one of natures finest creatures, face extinction within our lifetime as ice caps which took 50,000 years to form disappear within four years.

George W Bush has the nerve to not just appear in New Orleans, but actually dance in public last week.

On May 14, Kirk Broadfoot will take part in a European Final.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
That doesn't even make sense... So if you're having a dig at me go-ahead. But considering that I'm from Glasgow, the old glory hunter tag doesn't fit.

There's the choice of Clyde, Partick Thistle and Queen's Park as well.

The tag fits.

:up:

That was a terrible game, Rangers play such horrible defensive anti football. How many shots did the scum have on goal, one? I know they were away from home and it was a European semi final, but to play like that is a disgrace. Fingers crossed that all they win this season is the CIS cup.

...I just knew Vieri was going to miss that penalty, he never had a good touch the entire time he was on the pitch.

I really can't believe I'll be cheering on Dick Advocaat, no amount of showers will clean the dirt off me now.