aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

There's the choice of Clyde, Partick Thistle and Queen's Park as well.

The tag fits.

:up:

If you grow up in Glasgow and your old man, extended family and all your pals at primary school are Rangers fans, you're not going to decide to support one of the above at a young and impressionable age. Once you've got your team, that's it (often unfortunately)

As for Calum's comments about bigotry and sectarianism, I have to also disagree with that one. I have a large group of friends in Glasgow who are half Tims and half huns and none of them are bigots or sectarian. They all support their club and Scotland with as much, if not more, passion than all other football fans I know.

Rangers are in the final because nobody could beat them. Not bonny but fair play. I won't be complaining about anti-football when Scotland lift the World Cup in 2010 in a similar fashion.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Maxi....for all their many and obvious faults, Rangers are representing Scotland, so I want them to win, much as it goes against the grain.

Being as small-minded as I am, I just can't see past the Union Jacks and constant whining about wanting to leave the SPL. Full marks to anyone who's more sporting than me though.

Incidentally, Rangers' style of play didn't bother me. When you've only got two good (and very limited) players you have to play to your strengths and organise yourselves around them, that's exactly what Walter Smith's done.

There's the choice of Clyde, Partick Thistle and Queen's Park as well.

The tag fits.

:up:

If you grow up in Glasgow and your old man, extended family and all your pals at primary school are Rangers fans, you're not going to decide to support one of the above at a young and impressionable age. Once you've got your team, that's it (often unfortunately)

Yup... That's exactly as it is. My dad, his dad, his dad... it goes back generations! And I wouldn't change it. :up:

60,000 Rangers fans are expected in Manchester. It's going to be a good night to be out in Glasgow.

What makes you think that most of that 60,000 is going to come from Glasgow!? There'll be more buses from Aberdeen, Inverness, Belfast, London etc o_O

What makes you think that most of that 60,000 is going to come from Glasgow!? There'll be more buses from Aberdeen, Inverness, Belfast, London etc o_O

Good point, but at least we'll get rid of a large number of them, all be it for one night only!

Looking good for the Dons so far. 2-1 up and Motherwell got beat.

a 6-1 win against Gretna, who've drawn their last three games :up:

Yes, enjoy your meaningless encouter against a team that is made up of youth team players and journeymen.

Meanwhile Aberdeen, who according to your expert analysis aren't as good as ICT player for player, battle it out for a European spot. ;)

Yes, enjoy your meaningless encouter against a team that is made up of youth team players and journeymen.

Meanwhile Aberdeen, who according to your expert analysis aren't as good as ICT player for player, battle it out for a European spot. ;)

Could your hands get past your erection as you typed that?