aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

I should of course mention that Dida thoroughly deserved the flare to the head, the oversized oaf.

Also, if I remember right, one of the Inter fans involved in that was the same guy who soon after lobbed a scooter from the top tier of the Curva Nord onto some unfortunate away fans. And still hasn't been banned from the ground :laughing:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully not, I sit in the back row of the Dick Donald top deck, pish visibilty but great atmosphere :-)

Is it really that bad? I'm thinking about shifting up there for next season, the South (or at least the block I'm in) is getting increasingly depressing. Haven't sat in RDU for years so can't really mind what the view's like.

Is it really that bad? I'm thinking about shifting up there for next season, the South (or at least the block I'm in) is getting increasingly depressing. Haven't sat in RDU for years so can't really mind what the view's like.

It's not great for me cos I don't have great eyesight and you're so far away from the pitch up there it's like watching 11 little red dots chasing a littler white dot. I can't tell which player is which. I sometimes sit in the bottom deck about 10 rows in, and I enjoy the game much more because I can see, I'm much closer and I feel more involved, but the atmosphere is non-existent, whereas in the RDU you can stand and sing for 90 minutes. It's a bit of a toss up between view vs atmosphere, I prefer to be up in the back of the RDU for big games (Rangers, Celtic, Dundee United etc) knowing there'll be a bit of tasty banter between the fans but if it's somebody pish like Gretna or St Mirren (or Hearts, ha ha ha) I prefer to sit downstairs and watch the game properly.

I sat in the very first seats, front row, of the Main stand a couple of seasons ago (Merkland end), that was so dull I almost fell asleep a few times, despite the fact that I could have probably reached out and touched anybody who wa taking a throw in, it was just full of pensioners.

Also, if I remember right, one of the Inter fans involved in that was the same guy who soon after lobbed a scooter from the top tier of the Curva Nord onto some unfortunate away fans. And still hasn't been banned from the ground :laughing:

the vid of that is amazing! genuis stuff!

think it might have been verona or lazio fans who had all travelled to milan on their scooters for the game

and with regards of the rangers game ive shifted from my usual seat to the south. want to see more of the game this time and atmosphere in south should be top notch for it. hopefully a tasty game. anyone who says we have nothing to play for must be joking! stopping the current buns winning the title at our home should be enough motivation esp for zander and maguire

Who was it that got a pig's head thrown at him by Roma fans?

Luis Figo - by Barcelona fans when he played for real madrid.

"But yesterday, perhaps mindful of the weight of public and official opinion, the club changed their stance, condemning the behaviour of hooligan elements in the 98,000 crowd but stressing no one was hit by the bottles, coins, golf balls and even a pig's head thrown on to the pitch."

Barcelona are braced for a stiff penalty - Football News - Telegraph

I thought it was Atalanta? Verona are an interesting lot though. You seen the photos of the ASC flag in amongst all the fascist ones at Bentegodi? :laughing:

EDIT:

YouTube - Scooter @ San Siro

Mintal.

quality vid that one :p btw it is atalanta

and i may know who was responsible for that asc flag being in with the verona lot :up: quality stuff! you ever read a season with veron by tim parks?

quality vid that one :p btw it is atalanta

and i may know who was responsible for that asc flag being in with the verona lot :up: quality stuff! you ever read a season with veron by tim parks?

I haven't actually, my brother has it somewhere though. Need to get hold of it at some point - good read? Looks like Verona's much less interesting neighbours Chievo are gonna be in Serie A next year. Pish.

You been Danny Dyer-ing it up with the casuals? :p

dannyargentina1.jpg

its an exceptional read! as long as you dont mind a bit of (casual) racism in the stories he tells its all good. and nah if i mixed with casuals id do it with a bit more dignity than dyer ever does :up:

and if any of you aint seen it go look up real football factories international - poland

youtube has the whole thing up. i was kinda hoping he would get a good kick in for that one!

Soccer casuals. Deary me. What a shower of knuckle-dragging cunts. Still, as a balding over- -the- hill telly producer, I suppose the idea of milking their 'movement' one last time, by sending in some cockney wannabe hardman armed with an inept translator to whisper "En-ger-lund" under his breath on the Polish football terraces, must have had some appeal. Cos that's well 'ard. And mental.

ASC No. 1!

Shame.

I put a quid on Cardiff to win 2-1. If they do it'll win me back the money I lost midweek on the UEFA cup. Fucking dreadful game, no way to do anything for our reputation of playing 'boring' anti-football. We sat far too deep in the first half and paid for it in the second when Zenit ran rings around us. It should have been 3-0 due to that howler from Alexander, only just saved by Papac. Dreadful football from us, I was bored out of my skull in the second half. Listening to the Motherwell game though and it sounds a bajillion times more exciting. But seriously though, Smith is showing some faith in Broadfoot...I hope he knows what he's doing.