aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wee dummy's uncle with the Kirk Douglas chin was pleasant enough, but the first bloater and his "God's People" diatribe gie'd me the dry boak.

Yeah, the guy that paid 1000 per ticket was at least articulate! Lol.

I say fair enough - if you've got the money, why not!!

Not long to go now...

And.... Broadfoot is in the starting line up! Eeek.

Thank fuck for that.

ahhh, and the rest of Scotland breath a collective sigh of relief.

Just to have something to complain about...How utterly terrible was the STV coverage? Stuart greasy ginger fucking hun McCall. Constantly saying "we". FUCK HIM. As bad as watching England on TV, and seeing their fans, you'd think you were.

And how was Rangers appeal any different from Broadfoot's handball? It took them half an hour to say Zenit deserved their win when it would have been an utter disgrace to football if Rangers had gotten anything from tonight.

Leaving Burns aside for a moment, last night was a dream come true. If there's one thing funnier than seeing the huns get pumped out of a competition in the first round, it's watching them get all the way to the final and then get beat, and seeing all those walking abortions sitting crying into their union jacks in the stands.

They didn't have one shot on goal in the entire first half yesterday. That style of football does not deserve rewards. It's completely against the nature of the game. They were playing with 9 in defence and Darcheville up front by himself. Truly negative, anti-football.

Terry Butcher looked he was going to cry at the final whistle. That pleased me. I hate that cunt. If I saw him walking down the street I'd spit on him. And then either him or Stuart McCall went into "They lost because they had a game on Saturday against Dundee United, they didn't have time to prepare for this match, the SFA didn't do nearly enough to help them, they were supposed to be represnting Scotland but Scotland did nothing to support them". Boo fucking hoo. Dry your fucking eyes. Every other team that's played in that final over the years has had to deal with fixture congestion, it goes with the territory. If you want to win competitions you have to play more matches, it's the same for everyone, you get your head down and get on with it. Man U and Chelsea are in the Champions League final, do you hear them crying about having to play more games? The reason Rangers lost is because they were outplayed and outclassed, and because they have a team full of donkeys and they played with 9 men behind the ball.

All we need now is for us to beat them at Pittodrie on the final game of the season so they lose the league as well and that'll be a perfect end to the season :up:

The huns did their bit for the reputation of Scottish football as well. Not satisfied with making the rest of the world think we're a bunch of hopeless defence-monkeys.....

Some quotes from todays papers

Daily Record

"Six men - believed to be Rangers fans - had been arrested for serious assault."

"Terrified mums fled the scene clutching screaming toddlers."

Press and Journal

"Sporadic fights broke out between opposing gangs of Rangers fans."

The Sun

"It was a war zone. There were bottles flying everywhere and guys getting dragged to the floor."

"Disgusted local Simon McClean, 28, said: "We were promised a world-class sporting event but we've ended up with a town centre that looks like a rubbish dump. There were fans urinating in the street.""

Daily Express

"An army of council workers will begin moving the mountains of rubbish but the Rangers fans' own reputation - and that of the city's for hosting events - may take longer to clean up."

--------------------------

THE BEST FANS IN THE WORLD

_44658036_fan_clash_ap226.jpg

BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Uefa Cup fans clash with police

The injured Russian fan was taken to hospital after he was attacked in a seated area of the stadium before the start of the game.

He was stabbed in the back but his injuries were not reported to be life threatening.

Six men, all believed to be Rangers fans, were arrested in connection with the incident, said Greater Manchester Police.

Groups of supporters clashed with police in Manchester city centre, where damage was caused to a bank, bus stops and a sports car which was bounced across a road.

A number of fans and at least 15 police officers - and a police dog - were hurt in the clashes.

Police injuries include a broken arm, a dislocated shoulder and cracked ribs. The dog suffered a serious cut to his paw. Fans suffered cuts and at least one was bitten.

'Really disappointed'

Assistant Chief Constable Justine Curran said the day had been "largely peaceful" with more than 100,000 fans behaving well in an atmosphere of "carnival and celebration".

"But I'm really disappointed that has been spoiled by pockets of disorder that have broken out in the city centre.

A police spokesperson said a group of fans in Piccadilly Gardens threw bottles at the screen and then at officers in riot gear, injuring some of them.

_44657690_riotpolice226.jpg

Most people would just find a pub to watch the game in after the screen broke down...they bottled the screen and battered Police. What poor bastard electrician got the call to come and fix that?

Apparently they also bottled the poor bastard electricians :up:

Anyone else see the back of todays P&J, with Ferguson MBE greetin and holding a scarf with "1690" and a Red Hand on it?

Surely they should be banned from next year in Europe or made to play behind closed doors.

I am in no way justifying last night action but wasnt AC playing behind closed doors due to disturbances inside the stadium?.

The old boy was there and he said it was in no way a "minority",said he was scared shitless.Shocking!

I am in no way justifying last night action but wasnt AC playing behind closed doors due to disturbances inside the stadium?.

Was it nae Inter? Seem to recall Rangers playing them behind closed doors actually? I think it was the year after there was the Milan derby in the CL and the Inter fans hit Dida with a flare.