aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be doing the usual...watching the Dons in the Holburn Bar...my travelling days are well behind me (especially since I had my leg amputated):down:

Maybe you should try the Hop-burn Bar instead then. How much do they make you stump up for a pint in there these days?

If we get to the final the boys in the Celtic amputee supporters club will be gangrene with envy.

The Holburn Bar actually has very good deals for amputees! If you're short of a leg they give you shorts at half-price, and if you've no legs at all you get shorts free.

I've even considered removing both my legs just for the free booze, but I'd end up legless every time I went in.

Forecasts for tomorrow, folks?

I'll risk 3-1 for the Dons, with scorers being Severin, Maguire and a Queens OG:up:

My Dons supporting father is of the impression that QOS have a 4-0 head start, as there are 4 ex dons in their team; and Aberdeen always concede goals to ex players... apparently.

On that basis I predict a 4-4 draw with QOS winning pens, as the Dons will suffer flashbacks of Queens Park not so long ago

You coming to the Holburn this time, Bigsby? I'll get the first round.:cheers:

Tempting offer, will depend on Mrs Bigsby and Bigsby Jr.

So probably not!

But you never know. I've had stuff sitting in my car for ages to give to you (a Sunday Times magazine with an article on the Chelsea Hotel and the gig guide from the News of the World which describes the Kitchen Cynics as "alt rockers"). :up:

Jake is currently laughing his nuts off down the phone, and asking how many Hampden finals for Tango since leaving the Pars.

Arf!

:up:

Hahahahaha. I'd love to say I felt a shred of sympathy for Aberdeen, but I've been waiting for this result for too many years. Round ye, Tango. :up:

I thought the Dons were going to sneak it in the end, well played by Queens to hold out. Hopefully this means their sights will be cast forward to the final, letting us sneak in and claim glorious victory in the bloody battle for 4th.