aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Heard any chat of new signings? We got that Stephen Bell punter off Stirling, who at least has some pace about him. I reckon we need a complete midfield overhaul in the summer and a proven goalscorer who still has legs.

Other than Bell, haven't heard anything. I'll be pissed off if we go in for some of the duds Tango's punting, mind...

:up:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's talk of Michael Stewart apparently, looks to be leaving Hearts, can only join Hibs so many times. Would be a perfectly adequate Nicholson replacement I reckon.

He'd be a great signing given our budget. We have to be realistic about our options. I wouldn't be disappointed if we did sign Scott Wilson either, I think he's the type of player we need. If he was at another club besides Dunfermline then I don't think the Dons fans would be as irrate.

Esson and Darren young on the other hand...........

Never understood the Lovell love. He's rarely done the business for us. Good riddance.

I really hope Miller stays but can't see it happening if a championship side show an interest.

I think that given that we got 200k for Clark and are getting large amounts off the wage bill (particularly Miller, assuming he's leaving), so I really do think it's possible to get a few players who're actually better than what we have, as well as a couple of (not half a dozen) squad players.

Thoroughly enjoyed today's game in Inverness :up:

A masterclass from Marius Niculae; simply superb. First touch and movement today was a cut above any SPL player i've seen this season. His finish and resulting celebration was world class as well! *Celebration = leaping over the barrier into the North Stand, running up into the stand (perhaps to someone he knew). Booked for it, but it was nice to see how much it meant to him.

He'll probably go in the summer, but hopefully only once he's won Euro 2008 for Romania.

Heard on the radio on the way back that Aberdeen were robbed at Celtic Park....

Today was also the first time I hadn't worn a Caley top at the game, choosing instead to wear a 'This Will Destroy You' t-shirt. This shall now be worn at all football matches until we get beat. Not long then...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Late drama at LP: :up:

:up: indeed, my acca came in again!

In other news, Morton 3 Dunfermkouiyughvbrbeb...

Uh-oh, the computer's gone a bit funny, we'll try again:

Morto...

It's no good, must be some gremlins in the works somewhere...

:up:

It's not been reported yet, but apparently Aberdeen have released Jackie McNamara. Apparently he'll be at Pittodrie on Monday to "say goodbye" before he's offski.

*shrug*

A brother of a mate works at Todders, so make of that what you will.

thank fuck for that. i feel sorry for him cos he obviously is trying and obviously is hurting BUT he has been a disaster of a signing and waste of a huge wage. bye bye.

looks like its tomorrow he'll say he's off, worringly though Calderwood prepared to give him as much time as he needs to think about it. How has he not seen this as an absolute blessing?

Anyone looking forward to the Champions League match tonight?

I think it'll be interesting. Not particularly keen on either of them to be honest. However, I have this thing for Liverpool in Europe. I don't know what it is. They just... they just seem to manage it everytime!

Hopefully it'll be a good exciting game!! :up:

I am however more excited about my trip down the road for the UEFA Cup semi-final. Even though I feel a severe beating may occur!:down:

I tend to ignore club football outwith Scotland, but I do like a big European game, so I'm looking forward to tonight. I'm also hoping Liverpool win.

i confess that I want Rangers to win on Thursday, although normally I'd be happy to see an outbreak of cholera wipe out the club and most of their supporters:up: