aberdeen-music

What did you want to be when you were older?

cutie claire

when i was really little it was a princess or a ballerina.

then an actress

then i went to space camp and decided i wanted to be an astronaut

then i realised i didn't want to have to join the armed forces first so thought about being the first actress to ever make a movie in space

then i discovered Taxi Driver and wanted to be a director

then i went to film school and decided i wanted nothing to do with the film industry

so now i want to have my own clothing store and run fetish nights on the side.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I started off with Doctor

Then Nurse

Then Vet

Then Doctor again

Then Palaentologist (I still can't spell it any better than I could when I was 7! :p)

Then Doctor again

Then a long spell of about 5 years when I wanted to be a concert cello soloist, touring the world. Had it all mapped out, I was going to go to the Royal College in London, then do a postgrad at Julliard.

Then I changed my mind again and went back to Doctor.

And here I am... in medical school...

All the stupid things that hardly anyone ever ends up being. E.g., writer, rock star, model, celebrity.

More realistic career "options" have been fashion designer, interior designer, history teacher, french teacher.

Now all I really want to be when I grow up is French.

i wanted to be a dinosaur. i fucking love dinosaurs. then later, as things became more realistic, it was either playing bass for a living (which i'd love to do but i know will never happen!) or a systems analyst. i went off the analyst thing after studying at uni, so now i'm heading down the HR road and pleased with it.

/x

i wanted to be a policewomen and work in the same office as my dad. then i decided i didnt like the shifts cause id want to be with my husband and kids. so for the majority of me growing up there was nothing i wanted to be. even in 4th. until i decided i wanted to be a professional groupie. and just marry someone rich. so went in search of something to get me to met famous bands. and thats why im half way through having a degree in the music industry. :-) but i still dont know what i want to "be" when im older.... which is now really

i need help

When I was four I told everyone I was going to go to art school and be an artist...yeah thats why im studying Social Sciences at college...fuck knows what I want to be now, as long as I enjoy it and it pays well.

Also, I wanted to move to Egypt and be an archeaologist too, then I realised that it's hot over there and I'd look like a lobster for most of it, so changed my mind pretty fast.

i wanted to be Black Beauty. Or Darrell in the Malory Towers books. Or Beryl the Peril. I then saw the Sound of Music and wanted to be a nun. As a teenager I wanted to be a groupie and had some career success. Now I am old and would like to be paid for sleeping a lot and watching home improvement programmes.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I've never wanted to "be" anything in terms of career. Work is a necessary evil, nobody "wants" to do it. I'm 30 and still can't think of a job I actively want to do, I'd happily retire tomorrow with a clear conscience. We're work-obsessed nowadays. You're ill? Pop a Beechams, get on with it, don't take the day off, keep going at all costs. Fuck that! Still, I'm lucky enough to be doing something I'm damn good at, and which is relatively rewarding and pro-society.