aberdeen-music

Best Chipper ?

Benji

i've always called it chipper. I'm working we some glaswegians just now and its 'chippie'. I've started picking up on their lingo like. Really good chippy: The Golden Fry in Kincorth. They do battered mars bars, yum.

Their onion rings are ming. The chips are alright but not a patch on Hass'.

The bassist in my band is a weegie and I often find myself saying things like, "Here you" and "bawbag".

As for battered Mars Bars, I tried one once fae the Ashvale in B.O.D (I ate a lot of chippers when I lived in B.O.D) and I could only eat about half of it cos it was so sweet, the remains went to the scurrys in Asda car park.

Deep fried ice-cream, now THAT is fine! I've only ever had it in Switzerland but I'm sure you get it here somewhere.

I asked for a white pudding supper in Wolverhampton, they didn't have a fucking clue what I was talking about.

Hahaha, this reminds me of being in Manchester and my cousin asked for a macaroni pie supper...the look of 'what the hell are you on about?' made me laugh for about a month afterwards :p

The best part was that he couldn't understand what was so funny :D

*reads Johnny Mac's post, then scoffs last few chips from Hass's, savouring the way the sharp tang of vinegar contrasts with the warm, homely comfort of the white pudding*

*licks lips, then sucks fingers before crumpling up bag and tossing it carelessly towards the bin*

*misses*

*weighs himself*

*sobs in quiet desperation*

Been a while since I've been in, but certainly the lassies were not the fat munters you expect to see in a chippy.

indeed.. but be warned sometimes it'll just by an older asian couple (the owners perhaps) and their uninspiring offspring

but a couple of nights a week there's all manner of sausage battering to be had

Is their skin/hair not a bit mank if they work in a chipper...?

under the fluorescent lights one could comment that they have perhaps over done their seesions in 'Tanfastic' along the road... but they are ripe (and legal - disclaimer) enough to let them off with that - especially when all 3 Walton sisters are working the fat

• 2 weeks later...