aberdeen-music

Best Chipper ?

Benji

The chipper in Tilly hasn't been mentioned yet. It isn't particularly fantastic (when sober) but they have such a huge menu that it's impossible to leave unsatisfied!

Don't you mean 'when drunk'? I've went there once, and this little 14 yr old biatch served me with this attitude.

I am normally a very 'please, thank ou' kinda guy, but when i got my shit through, I just picked it up an walked oot with my own lil attitude. Fucking little minks, she'll have 4 kids and be a junkie by the time she's 17.

Apart from that chips were good.lol.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

the best chipper i've eaten at in the deen is the ashvale RESTAURANT. Please take note that their cerry oot stuff was never quite so nice. I'd imagine that they reserve the cheaper lower quality fish for that. However, the haddock in the restaurant, at least 4 or 5 years ago when i last ate there, and the years upon years before this that i ate there, brought a bulge to my crotch region caused by the boner inducing fish

out of town, i'm lucky enough to have the balmedie chipper right beside my folks' house. when it was called hungry dunc's it was naff, but nowadays the fish is of a quality that would make even the most staunch anti chipper fan shovel chips in his or her gob with a furious action that would make even a hardened fighter run with fear

Don't you mean 'when drunk'? I've went there once' date=' and this little 14 yr old biatch served me with this attitude.

I am normally a very 'please, thank ou' kinda guy, but when i got my shit through, I just picked it up an walked oot with my own lil attitude. Fucking little minks, she'll have 4 kids and be a junkie by the time she's 17.

Apart from that chips were good.lol.[/quote']

Imagine havin to live with a whole community of the little tikes - welcome to my world!

Anyway the biatches in the chipper are tame compared to some of the 'things' you get roaming in Tilly - you should meet my neighbours.

You're right on one thing' date=' daveofficer. That the Ashvale is shite...but why the fuck do you persist in going dack then? Isn't that stupidity!!

There are plenty of excellent chippers in Aberdeen. And frankly, the Stonehaven Bervie is purest shite. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.[/quote']

er, no. i obviously just disagree with you. there's a difference.

anyway as chris said i go to the ashvale as it's at the top of my road. it takes two minutes to get there. i can't drive so i can't nip across town to other chip shops so don't see the point in going too far for them.

Guest neil ex

Cheese Sarbeni - istanbul takeaway

as for actual chippers' date=' I prefer the ones in Dundee and Edinburgh to any in Aberdeen.[/quote']

I'm going to have to try that place. I first came across the sarbeni in Glasgow, and they're amazing. The only place I was aware that sell them in Aberdeen is that kebab place on Market Street, and it's not quite as good, but it's still a sarbeni..

Edinburgh chippers are weird. Salt and sauce and chicken kievs.. Still fine though! :up:

my stepdad fixes friers and kitchens in a lot of chippies restaurants and hotels, after hearing some of the stuff he has said there are quite a few places in aberdeen i wouldnt eat from.

bervie chippie is good... JAX in ellon used to be the best chippy around before jack passed away... RIP jack!

The Bervie Chipper actually in Bervie was really good about 10 years ago (I lived a mile south of it), but the amount of ownership changes have obviously had an effect on the quality because the last two/three I've had were rank rotten. The one in Stonehaven is shite, the one in Arbroath was worse!

Best chippy I've had in recent times was the one on Elgin high street - can't remember the name of the place, but that was a great black pudding.......

• 2 years later...
Guest nessyfencer

It's a close call between Mike's and Ashvale. Think Mike's just takes it though. Ashvale with a student card + snapfax - 2 jumbo haddock suppers for a fiver - boost ;)

...or stoned with rock (turbots)....?

The best chipper USED to be the Golden Fry....in its heyday it was fry-teningly good. Now it's Hass's, which is OK I suppose.

My cousin is a chipper superstar (he used to own the Haven in Stoney), but, as he was a trained chef he was dead embarrassed by it.

I tend to go to the one opposite the Bon Accord baths, but I'm not saying it's brilliant....like Chris with the Ashvale it's just convenient.

glasgow chips just cant compete with aberdeen ones...

That's ridiculous!!

Glasgow chippies are far better than Aberdeen ones, with the exception of Mike's and the Ashvale, there's hardly a decent chippy in town. However, in Glasgow, there's an abundance and the chips are real chippy chips I know that appears to make no sense!!!