aberdeen-music

Best Chipper ?

Benji

The Banchory one is closed now. Has been for months.

They had some right minks working in there, so probably for the best.

The Banchory branch of the Ashvale, or the other one on the corner of the Brig O'Feugh road? I know the latter has been closed for ages but I have been in the Ashvale more recently.

The Chipper in Alford was nae bad IIRC.

The Banchory branch of the Ashvale, or the other one on the corner of the Brig O'Feugh road? I know the latter has been closed for ages but I have been in the Ashvale more recently.

The Chipper in Alford was nae bad IIRC.

Nah, the Ashvale is still there. There used to be a Hass's on Dee Street (which I suppose is what you mean by the Brig o' Feugh road). It wasn't bad, but looked like a minkhole with minky staff.

The Dolphin on Chapel Street used to be really good but it changed hands a couple of years ago and it hasn't been the same since. There's a cracking chipper in Glasgow that i am having a mental block on the name and location of just now, it sells Irn Bru in glass bottles though. I shall remember at some point and post it up here.

There's a cracking chipper in Glasgow that i am having a mental block on the name and location of just now, it sells Irn Bru in glass bottles though. I shall remember at some point and post it up here.

Glesca has hunners of good chippers.

The chippy in Newmachar is richt fine - got a huddock 'n' chups there last night after a long rehearsal - superb

Well, my knowledge of Glasgow chippers is limited. Maybe what i should've said was that this one was willing to part with a glass bottle after 11pm. Stephen will know what one i'm talking about and will also remember a comedy incident involving opening a car door on a motorway...

Haha. Maybe they shouldn't sell Irn Bru in a glass bottle to you... :p

The chippy you're talking about might be the Philadelphia (that's what I'm being informed of anyway! :up:)

It's right beside the Holburn Bar (well...there's a Coopie between them...but it's within yards). It's OK...but not as top-notch as it was when it was the Golden Fry (at the time the old brothers had it).

I tend to judge chippers on their white puddings....and I DO like the ones at the aforementioned Mr Chips (as my stomach will attest).

It's right beside the Holburn Bar (well...there's a Coopie between them...but it's within yards). It's OK...but not as top-notch as it was when it was the Golden Fry (at the time the old brothers had it).

I tend to judge chippers on their white puddings....and I DO like the ones at the aforementioned Mr Chips (as my stomach will attest).

Oooooooooooooooooh. Shit yeah. That's right next to my flat. Ace.

I'll have a chippy night later in the week then. :up:

It's affa fine, I haven't been in a while but I fancy one myself now from all this talk. The food is remarkably un-greasy for a chipper.

That's exactly what I think about the place, especially the chips. I'm now absolutely starving :(

No chance of a decent fish supper anytime soon though :down:

...it would only last til the first scampi OD....then your empire would be a goner, as the Montrose Mum's Society would hound you out of town.

(I've heard that the drug ghetto known as Ferryden would give you refuge though, so you'd be safe there as it's a no-go area for police, apparently). :up:

I believe the deal is similar to the whoors in Sin City. They get to police themselves. So I could indeed hide out there with some local friends... :gringo: