aberdeen-music

Whats your musical aspirations for 2005?

Hog

FromHerAshes will hit the scene sometime in the next couple of months, bringing pure metalcore madness with dillinger styled breakdowns.

Lady Wants Audio will release some of their 80s influenced funky tomfoolery and Tex Avery will finally get off the ground and gig some of our material later in the year when our good for nothing bass player returns to the 'deen.

:up:

gigs and recording

Come down to Dr Drakes on Sat 15th Jan and see 2 of my bands.

Failing that try Drummonds on the 17th or 24th

or the Lemon TREE ON THE 25TH Feb.

No plans to get signed, but with over 100 songs written,the mighties are going to record a CD for our own amusement.To me, live gigs are what it is all about.

Happy New Year, cheers, Biz.

My plans,

Well, releasing my E.P in just over a week, fingers crossed.

Play with Spike.

Hopefully release a second Hog E,P in the Summer, em... if people like the first.

Play plenty of gigs with Emma Forman.

Maybe release the long awaited album by Marsh Dwellor (side project with Jake Spike)

One thing at a time this year though, not going to over do it like last year!

My plans' date='

Well, releasing my E.P in just over a week, fingers crossed.

Play with Spike.

Hopefully release a second Hog E,P in the Summer, em... if people like the first.

Play plenty of gigs with Emma Forman.

Maybe release the long awaited album by Marsh Dwellor (side project with Jake Spike)

One thing at a time this year though, not going to over do it like last year![/quote']

Get the Baby Karma project up and release the album and get the record deal.

Get Papercuts and Lime a distribution deal and get an album sorted out through a label.

Make sure Keith Chaos Live is a huge success and we raise the money for the charity

Go out on tour and do some more dates with Emma, Hog and Jo

Cheers

Stuart

Guest stuartmaxwell

my glasgow based band slow motion car crash hero (name may change) will be playing with someyoungpedro and hopefully hey enemy at dundee reading rooms + drakes on the 26th and 27th march respectively. its a two piece, guitar and drums combo, shamelessly trying to be like the bands we like. riffs, big drums and the odd vocal.

i will maybe doing some acoustic gigs too, i have some folky material which really concentrates on simple fingery type stuff

gofones will be gigging too, actually have a practice on tuesday :)

im not very talented anyway and i would discourage you from attending

My music aspirations are to buy a big house out the road, set up a live and studio control room, fitted with the best backline and best mid range studio setup gear around.....then offer my services as the best practice/studio in Aberdeen with that "homely" feeling, chill out in kitchen, take a shower, sleep over night in the converted loft, play xBox on the 41" plasma screen etc while paying fair rates to pay the mortgage......unfortunately, I don't even play the lottery.

Realistically, i want to write at least one song this year....last year I got close man...but stumbled at the words, and I think the words are sorta important, making it up on the spot doesn't work so well.

I also want to forget trying to play complicated shit cos it isn't happening, so I think I'm gonna revert back to 3 chords (instead of 4).....

My Downfall will play the Ashdale Hall in Westhill on the 29th with Stayover et Gone 2 Far.

Plans are as follows:

Help organise Tsunami Aid fundraiser.

Learn to sing(childish pipe-dream). :ding:

Record 4/5 song EP at the Foyer. :bat:

Play shitloads of gigs. :band:

Record next EP and bore the general public. :rolleyes:

Maybe we should think of aims for other people's bands! Could be interesting!! :up:

my aims are to finish some more writing with one winged angel and play another gig as soon as possible,the first ones were great fun,dying to get playing again.hopefully gonna record something really soon too,just for our own personal record then maybe later in the year make a little release.

keep jamming with leave it to egon and hopefully get a gig really soon.

really enjoyed the short time i've been in both bands so far and hope musically things in 2005 will be just as fun,if not moreso than last year and that the creativity keeps coming.

oh and buy a new bass guitar-i really miss playing bass,used to really enjoy it.

Radio Lucifer tour in January and February with the Flamin' Eights (Jan 25th in Drakes people!) and then I think it will be about time for Radio Lucifer's first proper release and more touring. I believe there was mention of a Deadloss tour too. Should be fun.

My acoustic EP thing may appear next year too but I've been saying it will be coming out for ages so don't hold your breath.

Also considering starting another hardcore band. But I don't know if I can be arsed. :up:

My music aspirations are to buy a big house out the road' date=' set up a live and studio control room, fitted with the best backline and best mid range studio setup gear around.....then offer my services as the best practice/studio in Aberdeen with that "homely" feeling, chill out in kitchen, take a shower, sleep over night in the converted loft, play xBox on the 41" plasma screen etc while paying fair rates to pay the mortgage......unfortunately, I don't even play the lottery.

[/quote']

:love:

I want to HELP>>>

That does sound amazing.

I am hoping to save enough to get to New York again at Easter or Summer, and would like to do a second live radio session there. Plus, hopefully a 'mini-tour' supporting friends' bands.

It would also be interesting to play somewhere in Scotland outwith Aberdeen at least once (although I haven't got any body armour yet!!)

Plus the usual...write too many 'not-quite-good-enough' songs and put out a CD few people will ever hear.

Guest Bob Double Jack

Hopefully release another Double Jack CD / EP with some new material we've got and play a shitload of gigs - and hopefully not bore the tits off everyone! Try and get some gigs in England, to spread our gospel further afield!

Also, try not to get too depressed about the fact I am 30 this year.