aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

We've just sacked our youth coach for doing the same thing in training, now Pardew does this in a Premier League game. Completely unacceptable behavior from any representative of the club, let alone the manager. He simply must get the boot now, but he won't.

Adam Lallana is so good. I hope he goes to the World Cup. It'd be shit if he missed out, behind the likes of someone shite like Ashley Young or James Milner. It was the same after Matt Jarvis had two excellent seasons, statistically better seasons than Ashley Young in terms of goals and assists, whilst playing for a poorer team, but Young got the nod for Euro 2012. Jarvis was excellent in that season before the Euros.

Tom Cleverley will get picked too, and probably start every game. He is football's most defiant force. Fergie raved about him. Roberto Martinez raved about him when he was on loan to Wigan. Moyes raves about him. Hodgeson picks him for every squad. Tom Cleverley. Yuck.

LOL

gwu.gif

As pathetic as it is, I can say I've seen it in person.

I've been told it was one off, but Hull played terrible football. Just kept playing long ball and went straight to Newcastle. It didn't help that Long had a horrible first touch as well.

Newcastle fans love Steve Bruce as well.

Pardew is a complete fud.  Who does he think he is?  He's acting like some 18 year old wonderkid or something who thinks he can get away with whatever he likes.  I suppose an 8 year super contract will do that to you...

On another note, I saw some brilliant goals yesterday.  For the first time in a long time I sat and watched football all day Sunday.  I had my Dad round as it's his birthday today, so it was a fine excuse to watch the League Cup Final and then the Madrid derby.  The Madrid derby was absolutely frantic.  Some tasty challenges flying in, scrappy, end to end, crap defending.  Quite entertaining.

Toure's goal in the final was a thing of beauty.

We've just sacked our youth coach for doing the same thing in training, now Pardew does this in a Premier League game. Completely unacceptable behavior from any representative of the club, let alone the manager. He simply must get the boot now, but he won't.

Sounds like he's trying to get the sack, so he can get dem $$$$$$$$$?

I think there has been a huge overeaction to the Pardew thing. Players get away with headbutts without being sacked, why would you sack a manager? Christ people get away with it in a normal work place without getting thrown onto the dole line.

Most places I've worked if you headbutted someone it would be grounds for gross misconduct and instant dismissal unless you had some really good mitigating circumstances.

Anyway, we know football works on different rules on whats a sackable offence so i really shouldnt have made the point initially.

If your going to sack Pardew, then you also have to sack the players sent off for the same offence, its just an overreaction to an incident in a passionate game.

If your going to sack Pardew, then you also have to sack the players sent off for the same offence, its just an overreaction to an incident in a passionate game.

Surely the difference is that a player on the pitch is closely involved in the physical side of the game. Tempers flare more readily and it's easy to see and understand that occasionally young men will get into arguments which boil over into handbags now and then.  A manager on the touchline, while understandably passionate, isn't involved in the physical side of the game. He's not the recipient of dozens of tackles throughout the 90 minutes and isn't pumped full of adrenaline as he runs about.  As the man in charge of the club he should also be setting an example for the players and acting as the mature man he's supposed to be.  That's why a manager and a player would be treated differently for the same offence.